Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i find my Grand a necessity for when i'm driving... the RM2 is the latest atomizer, but in my case, even with the micro, it still doesn't give me quite the flavor i get from my drippers...
maybe 'cause i haven't tried rolled cotton yet :)
I've been kicking around getting a Reo for some time, maybe that will be next for me

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
dont want to get this thread off topic so just a brief comment and pic...

tried a micro-coil = WOW

best vape ever!

20130714_025302.jpg 20130714_024706.jpg

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
You guys and yer sweet coils... I'm laughing because, I went heading in the exact opposite direction recently... due to sheer laziness and disgruntle over shipping taking too long on a wire welder, I decided not to join NR/R wires on my last Terminator build with the nextel and the DW-style channels.

So having all resistive wire gave me 3.3ohms. My solution: stack two RCR123a's for 6.4v. It's nice and warm. Just saying in case anyone else feels lazy.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
You guys and yer sweet coils... I'm laughing because, I went heading in the exact opposite direction recently... due to sheer laziness and disgruntle over shipping taking too long on a wire welder, I decided not to join NR/R wires on my last Terminator build with the nextel and the DW-style channels.

So having all resistive wire gave me 3.3ohms. My solution: stack two RCR123a's for 6.4v. It's nice and warm. Just saying in case anyone else feels lazy.

You might want to give a "normal" build a shot, keeping the heat across the top, still make it 3.3 ohms and stack if you feel you must but you can achieve the same heat with one battery and a 1.3 - 1.4 ohms coil (10+ watts)

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
Yes indeed DW. By no means am I recommending anything there. Simply put there are times when I just don't give a __, and I just have to laugh in those times when I'm not a serious vaper.

So seriously, I got a Z-atty G today. Mine does not screw flush with my MKB's top tube. It does on the genuine GG. When I look at the two pieces they look exactly the same. It must be something with the threads. I have to roll back a few hundred posts as I remember someone else put a Zen on the MKB some time ago and posted pics.

Also, I posted some pics featuring the MKB on another thread. I wanted to mention it here in case you guys are looking for some awesome drip tips. Ohman is a member here on ECF, and did some great work for me. Go check it out:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/436537-introducing-bmods-custom-drip-tips-more-8.html

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
For those looking for the GG style adapter (goes over the 510 connector, not in it) for the MKB-TS instead of the 1st revision sold at Stormy's, I found them here for $5.69 each with free shipping:

510 MKB-TS Adapter [510adpmkb-ts]

ATM, there's 25 left... ;)

EDIT: Looks like the Ithaka clone from Rainbow will be only $59.86 when he gets them in.. :)

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I received my 3rd MKB-TS yesterday, just as with the other two the beginning thread of the GGTS connector was messed up so the GGTS base wouldn't screw in, easy fix, I removed it, maybe 3/8".
The switch button and it's plunger were loose just as on the other two.
The positive posts insulator was also loose.

I just want everyone to know that you need to go over every part of it prior to using it.
Also I used Emory cloth on it prior to buffing, much better.
Modded the axis so the spring collapses inside it.
Hits hard
I got four other packages containing vape stuff, wouldn't you know it the wife got the mail and started with the questions.

Last edited:

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
For those looking for the GG style adapter (goes over the 510 connector, not in it) for the MKB-TS instead of the 1st revision sold at Stormy's, I found them here for $5.69 each with free shipping:

510 MKB-TS Adapter [510adpmkb-ts]

ATM, there's 25 left... ;)

EDIT: Looks like the Ithaka clone from Rainbow will be only $59.86 when he gets them in.. :)

Yeah, he is ordering a bunch of them....im in on the preorder with him. Great price on them IMO.....cant wait!

Is that adapter better than the original one that SVC carried?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Yeah, he is ordering a bunch of them....im in on the preorder with him. Great price on them IMO.....cant wait!

Is that adapter better than the original one that SVC carried?

Not sure about the internals, but I know it will be more sturdy installed over the outside threads. ;) I'm thinking I can gut it, and obtain small enough O-rings if needed to fit inside it like the GG. It shipped today, and I should have it soon.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Last edited:

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
I'm trying to ignore the new gg. It certainly has nice electricals! The brass attracts me. However it apears it will never be as short as a TMF in stealth mode. It seems like a lot of fiddling with the original TS mainly to achieve a more sleek apearance - probably a response to all the show pieces that have come out since the early gg days.

A HUGE innovation is reducing the special plastics in favor of o-rings.

For some reason I still desire one, but I think I can control myself this time.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I'm trying to ignore the new gg. It certainly has nice electricals! The brass attracts me. However it apears it will never be as short as a TMF in stealth mode. It seems like a lot of fiddling with the original TS mainly to achieve a more sleek apearance - probably a response to all the show pieces that have come out since the early gg days.

A HUGE innovation is reducing the special plastics in favor of o-rings.

For some reason I still desire one, but I think I can control myself this time.

I'm not getting one... I may invest in the bottom cap / axis, depending upon un-biased reviews, and price. I need to really watch the vid (I just kinda breezed through it) again to see if the new connector / pin will fit the MKB-TS collector tank, or if the entire collector tank would be needed.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
We are thinking alike here technonut.

I really hope this new GG doesn't end production of 2012 gg parts - or at least hope "GG Only" pieces will replace those items that are always gone.

I lost the last brass bottom cap at esmoke guru to another shopper the other day. It's that GG reality where you never know what might pop up, in who knows what quantity, and which shop, and maybe will never be seen available again. There is too much traffic in the GG threads for me to follow the scene.

I watched the video pretty closely, and there isn't much talk about backwards compatibility with the TMF's other than a quick blurb about threads being same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread