Mod display readout after changing coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat61

Oct 31, 2012
SW Michigan
15909888854896984747425217494191.jpg
15909895716295619159012076844441.jpg
I have a geek vape/Regis mod, 80 watt...the kind where you just plug in to charge. After changing coil after I vape and let it set a bit the when I try to vape the screen says..no screen? Old? New? and numbers for previous coil and new coil. I just don't understand why this happens. If I push the left bottom button to turn heat up it down ut displays that message quite often.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
The mod is detecting a difference in the "now" resistance and the old resistance.

Let your mod sit unused for 20 minutes or so, then unsrew the atomiser. Press fire button to get "no coil detected". Screw in cold atomiser. press fire again, and press "new".

This sets the cold resistance as your new base resistance. If you keep getting an error, let us know, maybe the coil is loose or an error is occuring with your mod.

Hope this helps!

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
It's basically detecting a coil that is different then what you were previously using or is coming up different. Now if it gets stuck in a cycle you can unscrew the atomizer click it so it comes up no atomizer or some variant of that put the atomizer back on click it again. That should bring up the new or old coil click new. Unscrewing the atomizer and then clicking and then re screwing it back on is like turning a computer off and on again it's my solution to everything it's what I try first. If after selecting new coil you continue to get this message then something maybe loose. That's when you take it off or open it up and make sure your coils in there tight check the 5-10 connection make sure all of your posts are solid and not wiggle wobbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread