Mod not working why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polatmax

Jan 13, 2020
Screenshot_20200130-185549.png

So i made this mod.
Checked every connections solderings and everything .
Nothing is wrong.
It is not working.
Any suggestions?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Providing your wiring is correct, all solder joints are good and the switch actually works I would guess you have a faulty mosfet. Did you buy it from a supplier like Digikey or Mouser? There are a lot of defective and fake components floating around eBay that people will sell.

Also what battery are you using and what build are you putting on this mod? It is possible you don't have enough voltage to turn the mosfet on completely.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    That wiring diagram does not look correct. I will admit, I am only a slightly experienced boat electrician, I basically just used to do what the real electrician told me, but that diagram just doesn't look right to me.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    That wiring diagram does not look correct. I will admit, I am only a slightly experienced boat electrician, I basically just used to do what the real electrician told me, but that diagram just doesn't look right to me.
    It's the wiring for an N Channel Mosfet, what doesn't appear correct?

Reactions: stols001

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    what doesn't appear correct?
    Similar to the post by @ppeeble. The same wire to one side of the switch and one side of the 510. I am a fairly experienced computerguy, and just have a basic DC knowledge, and I'm not sure at all (yet.. irlb3034pbf at DuckDuckGo) how that chip works, the diagram just doesn't look right to me. Just my :2c:, and maybe not worth a grain of salt.

• Agree
    Reactions: Electrodave

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    OK. I don't know anything about the transistor (or field effect device, if you prefer) itself, but for some reason, I was thinking that the load should be bigger than that.

I still think that he should just get a decent mech, one without a MOSFET. If you want the protection that a MOSFET provides, better to just stick with regulated.

• Agree
    Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Similar to the post by @ppeeble. The same wire to one side of the switch and one side of the 510. I am a fairly experienced computerguy, and just have a basic DC knowledge, and I'm not sure at all (yet.. irlb3034pbf at DuckDuckGo) how that chip works, the diagram just doesn't look right to me. Just my :2c:, and maybe not worth a grain of salt.
    The N Channel mosfet used in that circuit switches the negative wire. The positive from the battery goes directly to the 510 post and a secondary wire to pull the gate high.

Think of the Mosfet as a relay, with the negative side of the circuit going through the contacts. The positive wire tap only energizes the relays coil.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    His post in the other thread had a no mosfet and a 2A switch between the battery and 510...
    Those are the ones in the news later. I saw one once where a guy used a mosfet but didnt have a soldering iron so he just twisted the wire around it and used black tape

• Disagree
    Reactions: Polatmax
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread