Mod with Safety issues???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
If people are concerned about PV safety, then why in the heck do PVs sell like hotcakes that take a pair of LiPO4 16mm cells?
Why not just use a Box mod with an IMR. What's safer that that?
How about a box mod with a 4000mah IMR cell.
If a tube mod can't take stacked batteries, people will complain until the seller offers an extension tube so they can.
Is it a self destructive "I want to blow myself up" syndrome?
Heck, take them off the market, before there's a balloon shortage :)

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
That's what many of us assume. However, the material and the thickness of the material of the mod, plays a key factor in the theory. I read on one forum how there was no heat whatsoever produced on their mod that had a battery meltdown.
There are many considerations to take into account.

Wow, I would sure like to know how a meltdown without heat transfer was possible. Was it made of fiberglass? I will have to try to find that thread....

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
First, I'm not Indorsing or Condoning the Telescope Mod in its Released form.

I think what left some people Scratching their Heads about the "Balloon Test" was it didn't reflect the Gas Pressures that would be involved if a Battery suffered Catastrophic Failure.

I can put a Balloon on my Car Radiator Hose and see if my Radiator will Explode. And if I use the same Logic as in the Video, I would conclude that my radiator Will Explode because it is Air Tight. Were in Actuality, the Radiator Cap will vent Before the Radiator will Explode.

The OEM, either Correctly or Incorrectly, stated that Venting would occur thru the Telescopes Threads. And the Video showed that the Threads were indeed Lose. But we didn't see any Balloon Testing, or Any test regarding this.

Whereas the Balloon Test was very Nice Theater, some questioned was it Really a Definitive Test that Proves a Telescope will Explode.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread