modded Vmod : RBA , DNA20D, and blind squonking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etownguy

Aug 22, 2013
Kentucky
Sounds far fetched but could it be getting electrical interference from the battery being so close to the display and the wires running even closer?

After doing hardware repairs on laptops for 5 years you see lots of ... situations with interference.

And yes plastic can cause issues. There is a model of Toshiba that the media bar stops working (bar above the keyboard with volume). The fix for it is a strip of electrical tape to keep it from touching the bottom case plastic below it.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Evolv is great about working with you on their products, just shoot them an email and you will be plesently surprised.

I just did a thread for the mods I did on the Reo, with more pics. Getting a dna in there would be tricky, but probably possible.

Plus give or take a BAZILLION on Evolv. Teh best.

(Oh no, I didn't type that did I??? I take it back! THE THE THE!!!)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
well guys and gals I'm sorry to say that this particular vmod is now officially dead. I ripped the dna20 off of it today to use it for mock up to fit my new dna into my reo. the reo is not as bad as I thought it would be and I'm kinda liking it now so I'm not sure if I'll wind up doing anything else with the Vmod shells I bought, I still may build a stainless steel skeleton to go into one of the Vmod cases eventually but I think I've pretty much filled my needs for now by replacing this with the reo.

hers the reo with the dna extension I built. I learned with this vmod that I need to keep the dna away from getting any juice on it so I'm sealing it off at the bottom of the mod so I don't have that problem again :) the reo I got was black but I polished it too, def makes it look less like a plain jane utility box, still not rounded like the vmod but not as bad as I thought it would be, especially modded :)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I also mentioned that I want to build a bottom feed squonker from a high end tube mod here and said I'd show a preview of what I had in mind but then forgot to, so here it is

the side small tank will hold a 9ml bottle and squeezing it through a window I would of course cut out, it will feed the atty then suck back the excess, just like a reo or blind squonking modded vmod. I'll also be able to rotate the bottle housing a bit so I can position the squonking hole where I want it or even face it towards the main tube so it's more secure in my pocket. sorry to stick this stuff in a vmod thread so when I finish either of these I'll start a seperate thread for them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread