Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
i checked hobby lobby for silicone tubing but they didnt have it. unless the worker that helped me was incompetent. which is possible because the store was just built.

Not silicone, but check your Ace Hardware if you got one nearby. Mine sells all sorts of clear & white tubing by the foot in a variety of sizes. Haven't looked yet to see if any of what they sell is small enough, but it will be worth a look. Considering it's sold for some uses such as water lines for ice makers it should be good.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Not silicone, but check your Ace Hardware if you got one nearby. Mine sells all sorts of clear & white tubing by the foot in a variety of sizes. Haven't looked yet to see if any of what they sell is small enough, but it will be worth a look. Considering it's sold for some uses such as water lines for ice makers it should be good.

Oh cool. I hadn't thought of Ace. I do have one very close. I might check em out. Too bad I wasn't patient and already ordered the bogger tube. Oh well, it was cheap. Plus if ace has it that would be a good source for backup. Thanks for the tip.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Oh cool. I hadn't thought of Ace. I do have one very close. I might check em out. Too bad I wasn't patient and already ordered the bogger tube. Oh well, it was cheap. Plus if ace has it that would be a good source for backup. Thanks for the tip.

You ordered from Bogger? (Oh noes...) Time for a backup plan.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
You missed all the Bogger drama? There's a reason why they lost their ECF registered supplier status and their supplier forum was closed and is in the archive. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/487577-bogger-box-mods.html

You stand a better chance of getting your stuff if you only ordered in stock parts. Maybe...

Oh Jesus. I feel like a buffoon. I've been vaping since '11, but missed that fiasco. Maybe it happened before that or maybe I wasn't paying attention. Damn. All my items were indeed instock so hopefully I get them :/

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Oh Jesus. I feel like a buffoon. I've been vaping since '11, but missed that fiasco. Maybe it happened before that or maybe I wasn't paying attention. Damn. All my items were indeed instock so hopefully I get them :/

Lol - you sure aren't the buffoon in this scenario. Booger (yeah, spelled it like that on purpose) is a, well, those words I can't say here. There is a lot of money involved when you look at all the "no delivery" complaints for mods. If you ask me he has turned into the poster child for why "pre-order is the stupidest concept on the planet." All you gets for your money is custom vapor-ware.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Lol - you sure aren't the buffoon in this scenario. Booger (yeah, spelled it like that on purpose) is a, well, those words I can't say here. There is a lot of money involved when you look at all the "no delivery" complaints for mods. If you ask me he has turned into the poster child for why "pre-order is the stupidest concept on the planet." All you gets for your money is custom vapor-ware.

I'm a bit off topic but yes! Seeing the J-Box fiasco, followed by the Bogger fiasco, and I think there was another one as well - no pre-order payments from me. At least not for that kind of money. Always the same scenario - guy hasn't been heard from, then people start complaining, guy posts a "hello I'm building your mod" reply with a pic. No mods arrive, more complaining. People feel sorry for rip off artist - er, modder. Others want to go to police. Repeat and rinse.

I'll pay for a mod that's already made of course.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

follow-up on my bogger situation:
after two failed email attempts and 1 failed phone call attempt (their phone number is actually a fax#), i contacted my credit card company and disputed the charge. done.
heres to hoping ACE hardware has the right size silicone tubing!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

i just called and the guy said it was polyethylene. im glad i just refreshed myself with your post here because i just posted a question if polyethylene was safe and lo and behold you already posted that it should be. i might however avoid my beloved citrus juices with this material however. than again, arent eliquid bottles made from polyethylene? some i know are HDPE which i believe is superior but i dont think i can be too picky with the tubing as my options are limited. maybe i'll go with the syringe method posted earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread