Modifying a commercial ejuice to suit your tastes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
My DIY flavors are evolving towards less flavor, as I am vaping in the range of 50-100W. The commercial flavors are way too strong and I mix them down with DIY unflavored liquid. It's best for me at about 50% commercial liquid and 50% unflavored. This also has the benefit cutting the unit price of the commercial liquid effectively in half.

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
My DIY flavors are evolving towards less flavor, as I am vaping in the range of 50-100W. The commercial flavors are way too strong and I mix them down with DIY unflavored liquid. It's best for me at about 50% commercial liquid and 50% unflavored. This also has the benefit cutting the unit price of the commercial liquid effectively in half.

I've tried doing that for the same reasons. Some of those juices are over the top in some way. The only problem for me is some flavors don't just taste lighter but very different when cut.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Anyone ever get an ejuice they didn't really like and add a little diy tweak?

I saw great reviews on Naked 100 POG. Sounded good in theory... pomegranate, orange and guava.

Can't stand it! Very acidic and not sweet at all

I separated off 10ml and added some FA banana and sweetener. That took the edge off but needed something else. So I added some FA Fuji apple and it is actually enjoyable now.

So I guess two things. One, does anyone else modify commercial juice? And two, any suggestions on what may go well with POG?

Thanks
I love Naked 100 flavors, but they can be super strong and harsh.

I've popped open the bottle (of a 30ml) and added 3 drops of Smooth (TFA). Shake and let it steep for a few days. Much better.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Anyone ever get an ejuice they didn't really like and add a little diy tweak?

I saw great reviews on Naked 100 POG. Sounded good in theory... pomegranate, orange and guava.

Can't stand it! Very acidic and not sweet at all

I separated off 10ml and added some FA banana and sweetener. That took the edge off but needed something else. So I added some FA Fuji apple and it is actually enjoyable now.

So I guess two things. One, does anyone else modify commercial juice? And two, any suggestions on what may go well with POG?

Thanks
With you on that I think it is abhorrent I don't understand that profile even though like if it was fruits blended in a blender I would love it I love all of those fruits independently but when you put them together in e-juice it it tastes kind of like stomach acid or something. That was one of the first ones that I tried before I realized that I am just obnoxiously picky with e-juice nothing else I eat any food just about I have no problem with them I'm picky about e-juice and things that I drink. But the e-juice I've tried hundreds probably 250 different commercial e-juices but I like two.... Two e-juices that I can use on a daily basis. And then there's two DIYs that I like out of maybe 20 that I've made So I mean at least that's promising You know a 10th of the juice that I have made I have enjoyed compared to less than 1% of commercial e-juice if my maths right I don't know either way it's a big difference

Mediocre00Rebel

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
I picked up a sadboy strawberry ice flavor yesterday... It tastes super artificial... I tried adding some freaking guava, mango orange to it.... It was sort of. Odd. It took the edge off the strawberry tho. I think maybe next time I'll just try adding regular mango I have sitting around to it.
I actually added this mango flavor juice head to it, actually tasted pretty good. No more strawberry now tho. Lol.

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
With you on that I think it is abhorrent I don't understand that profile even though like if it was fruits blended in a blender I would love it I love all of those fruits independently but when you put them together in e-juice it it tastes kind of like stomach acid or something. That was one of the first ones that I tried before I realized that I am just obnoxiously picky with e-juice nothing else I eat any food just about I have no problem with them I'm picky about e-juice and things that I drink. But the e-juice I've tried hundreds probably 250 different commercial e-juices but I like two.... Two e-juices that I can use on a daily basis. And then there's two DIYs that I like out of maybe 20 that I've made So I mean at least that's promising You know a 10th of the juice that I have made I have enjoyed compared to less than 1% of commercial e-juice if my maths right I don't know either way it's a big difference

Man, I think I am becoming like that too. I'm just getting in to vaping again after many years. I've bought about 20 or so bottles and find many just ok. I've made a few diy recipes and just really like 1 so far. At least I'm not alone, lol.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Man, I think I am becoming like that too. I'm just getting in to vaping again after many years. I've bought about 20 or so bottles and find many just ok. I've made a few diy recipes and just really like 1 so far. At least I'm not alone, lol.
It's not a lot of fun. And you're not alone for sure. Even to this day when I know purchasing an e-juice that I haven't had before is almost 100% going to be a waste of money and a disappointment every now and again I still feel that urge to try something new and I always wish I hadn't I wish I just used that to buy My favorite e-juice. Thankfully my favorite e-juice is still being produced and I'll probably go pick up another dozen bottles in the next couple weeks and one of my DIYs is close enough to it that if it's all I had and I couldn't taste the juice I like the most again I would probably transition without a problem. But only because I had too. So what I do now if I want to try a new juice I mandate that I buy one bottle of it and that is all and I also get at least nine bottles of the juice I like the most that way I always feel like I've won....

Reactions: JR789

JR789

Mar 7, 2022
It's not a lot of fun. And you're not alone for sure. Even to this day when I know purchasing an e-juice that I haven't had before is almost 100% going to be a waste of money and a disappointment every now and again I still feel that urge to try something new and I always wish I hadn't I wish I just used that to buy My favorite e-juice. Thankfully my favorite e-juice is still being produced and I'll probably go pick up another dozen bottles in the next couple weeks and one of my DIYs is close enough to it that if it's all I had and I couldn't taste the juice I like the most again I would probably transition without a problem. But only because I had too. So what I do now if I want to try a new juice I mandate that I buy one bottle of it and that is all and I also get at least nine bottles of the juice I like the most that way I always feel like I've won....

At least you know what you like. I'm still at that stage where I keep trying new juices thinking they sound really good but end up on my "b" list. I'll still use them pretty much out of stubbornness, lol. But I keep going back to the couple I actually like. I figured out a diy recipe for my favorite juice so at least that.

Reactions: AvaOrchid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread