Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
I have some sweet juices I've made that are nice, delicious, mellow in a clearo, or tank or even a kayfun when run at conventional resistances (let's say 2Ω) and low amps.

however

In my dripper, running a single 0.5Ω or a double 0.5/0.4Ω setup, they just tear the hell out of my throat and just taste sweet.

For example, this Bananas Foster recipe:

• 2.5ml TFA Bannana
  • 1ml LorAnn - Toffee
  • 2ml TFA - Bourbon Vanilla
  • 1ml TFA - Sweet Cream
  • about 0.25ml 10% EM solution (about 1% total)

• 9ml - 48mg NIC in pure VG
  • 10ml - PG
  • 1.5ml - VG

making a 60%VG / 40%PG juice @ 16mg NIC

In a conventional setup tastes great, and in the sub-ohm dripper tastes EXCEEDINGLY sweet and harsh like glass.

Is it just the NIC level? Anything else I can do to tame something like this for high-amp vaping?

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i was gonna tell you that i get this sort of thing when i go to high on flavour levels and suggest lowering them but im unsure what your total flavour % lvl is? is it 1% or is that just the EM @ 1%

i pretty much had to half my flavours for dripping or else my built in warning system would kick in if i went over about 10% total giving me a strange throat sensation followed by heartburn :D

ive stuck with the above and my nic has been all over the board, starting at 18mg, going down to 6mg and now settling at 12mg and all without any symptoms

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
i was gonna tell you that i get this sort of thing when i go to high on flavour levels and suggest lowering them but im unsure what your total flavour % lvl is? is it 1% or is that just the EM @ 1%

i pretty much had to half my flavours for dripping or else my built in warning system would kick in if i went over about 10% total giving me a strange throat sensation followed by heartburn :D

ive stuck with the above and my nic has been all over the board, starting at 18mg, going down to 6mg and now settling at 12mg and all without any symptoms
The flavors total in that recipe is exactly 25% (6.75ml/27ml). Thing is, in addition to getting a nasty sharp hit, for some reason every flavor but SWEET is being torn out of the mix... the bannana is non existent, the vanilla invisible, and the cream goes I don't know where.

With less sweet flavors (say my RY4 made with vanilla, caramel, and NET), the flavors are all present; same for an almond I make with Almond, Vanilla, AP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread