Mods in the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
how many of you folks see people vaping mods out in public? im wondering how long it will be before a mod vaper sighting is a common occurrence. maybe it already is in your neck of the woods. around here (RI), a cigalike spotting is common. an ego sighting is not nearly as common but i do see someone with one maybe once a month tops. mods for me are few and far between. ive seen only two vapers with mods in my two+ years of vaping (outside of a vape meet).

the way i see it, the public will advance along the same path as i did. which was: start with a cigalike, move onto egos, then mods. i expect the general public to progress along the same path. and right now my general public is transitioning from stage 1 to stage 2 vaping, so to speak. i know that not everyone necessarily moves from cigalikes to egos, then mods. some folks are fine with the first two. but i think enough vapers do indeed arrive at the mod stage and i expect to see them cropping up any month now.

so, what kind of vapers are you guys seeing in your necks of the woods'?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
>90% eGo style
~5% cig-a-likes
<5% mods

right on. quite the difference than my experience. except for the mods part. thats the same i guess.

See others vaping all the time here. In fact it wouldn't surprise me any if there were more vapors than smokers here.

great to hear. thats certainly not happening here yet. what type of setups do you see most often?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I echo the experience with Ego type systems. Every time I visit my B&M's, there's someone in there dragging on a Twist, Spinner or Evod system.

I haven't seen many mods used outside of those stores. The guy who first turned me on to vaping had a home made box mod that he showed me back in March.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Where I live eGo's are quite common, and mods are not uncommon. I have my mech/RBA with me all the time, and rarely does anyone ask what it is, nearly everyone knows. Vaping is allowed in all the bars here, and I see others vaping often. There are half a dozen vape stores here too, although a couple of them I would not recommend to anyone.

On the whole vaping is very common here, and catching on fast. The Circle K on the corner sells the Blu and other cig-alike things, and they say they are selling a lot of them. Hopefully those who try them will move on to something better, instead of just chucking them and going back to analogs.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Where I live eGo's are quite common, and mods are not uncommon. I have my mech/RBA with me all the time, and rarely does anyone ask what it is, nearly everyone knows. Vaping is allowed in all the bars here, and I see others vaping often. There are half a dozen vape stores here too, although a couple of them I would not recommend to anyone.

On the whole vaping is very common here, and catching on fast. The Circle K on the corner sells the Blu and other cig-alike things, and they say they are selling a lot of them. Hopefully those who try them will move on to something better, instead of just chucking them and going back to analogs.

thats great to hear that vaping is catching on rapidly down in Naples. i visit Naples from time to time and next time i go i'll surely be adding to the mod population :vapor:

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
>90% eGo style
~5% cig-a-likes
<5% mods
This has been my experience walking around UCR. The only time I see mods regularly (other than the Titan I keep in my pocket) is when I visit a vape shop. The one closest to UCR that I go to, everybody there has pretty decent mech mods.
The few people I've seen vaping and actually talked to besides the people in shops are usually just on egos and "trying this vaping thing" I'm still looking to run into some random person and start talking about RDAs lol :)

Last edited:

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I live in Upstate South Carolina and have never seen a vaper 'in the wild' (other than at the one local shop).

The people I work with had never seen anything other than a disposable (and probably half of them had never even seen that). And this is among the smokers!

Among the non-smokers, probably 90+ percent had never heard of e-cigs before.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I :wub: ya Gordon Ramsay!!!!

(oops, wrong thread. oops! wrong forum!)

Kemo, out in the wild is away from vape stores or vape meets to me. Here in LA, in the non-wild welp, you know what we see. Massive amounts of mech mods, low to subohmers, and cloud contests. Even with all the vapers here, I'm usually the only one with a box mod and a (gorgeous) carto tank, or even a DNA20.

In the wild tho, it's Ego city with clearos as toppers. (Hey, it's LA... everyone's got an EGO...) ;)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I :wub: ya Gordon Ramsay!!!!

(oops, wrong thread. oops! wrong forum!)

Kemo, out in the wild is away from vape stores or vape meets to me. Here in LA, in the non-wild welp, you know what we see. Massive amounts of mech mods, low to subohmers, and cloud contests. Even with all the vapers here, I'm usually the only one with a box mod and a (gorgeous) carto tank, or even a DNA20.

In the wild tho, it's Ego city with clearos as toppers. (Hey, it's LA... everyone's got an EGO...) ;)

yeah totally. thats what i meant by out in the wild too. in their natural habitat, if you will :D

big ups to the Cali vapers! everything great seems to be happening exponentially in Cali. youve got the holy trinity, big time vapers, big huge beers and and and lots of big cool stuffs :2cool:
1021636.jpg

CRIKEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread