More or less a Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Okay, so I made this the other day along with my battery box thingy. Sort of a rush job on Madog's Magnum mod. I didn’t install an LED next to the switch, I didn’t think I really needed it. And the battery connector is soldered directly to the circuit board, I couldn’t find anything around the house to make a disc to put at the end like the Magnum, so I just packed the inside of the tube with as much hot glue as I could. That part of it looks like sh*t though. :oops: It runs on either 3aaa’s or 2 CR2 cells in a length of PVC pipe like Madog’s. I actually found the pipe around the house, figured out it would fit , and that’s what prompted me to build this. Not bad, but it only really works good with 2 CR2 cells. 3aaa's just doesn't quite cut it for me.

Last edited:

Bastage

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2008
Houston, TX
good job. get you some large shrink tubing from Fry's and stretch it with a pair of needle nose pliers. You can slip the tubing over a closed pair of pliers then open the pliers so the tubing stretches. For the magnum size tube, you'll need to then put that (already stretched) tubing around a normal pair of pliers and stretch it a little more so it'll be easier to slip onto the flashlight. Then you can line it up where about 1/2" is hanging over the edge by the hot glue and heat it up. The shrink tubing will cover that nasty glue up. You can also find the right size washer to cover it, and drill out the center washer hole to make it fit. Just some ideas... lookin good though.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Aha!! I found this black rubber washer/gasket that fits the atomizer perfectly. I had to gouge a teeny piece off for an air hole, since the hole on my setup would be covered by the gasket. so I super glued it on and trimmed the outside of the gasket with a razor to match the flahlight body and it's done. Man is it a vapour monster!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread