yet another mod... AA Magnum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
After the headaches I had with my Detonator mod, I was a little wary of Madog's Magnum mod, but it went together extremely smoothly. I didn't feel like grinding down another piece of printed circuit board so I simply used the flashlight lens to mount the atomizer connector. Also the pvc tube I have is a bit too tight for CR2s (I had to manually expand it for the Detonator) and since I just got a batch of lithium 14500 batteries from DealExtreme (AA sized), I simply popped one in and used a single 3.6 volt battery.

The vaping is nice and smooth and I'm glad I did a side mount switch as it's much more comfortable. Although the hit isn't nearly as strong as the Magnum at 6v, I think that might be a good thing for me. The Magnum is awesome but I can't use it for extended periods without coughing up a lung.

I still have a couple more flashlights lying around so I guess I could do a couple more but at this point I have way too many mods and e-cigs for me to even use! I think this may be mod #7 for me! I think my next project is to rig up one of those 901 to loongtotem v9 connectors since I still have a bunch of those atomizer cartridges.

To think that I didn't even know how to solder (or even own an solder iron) when I started this a few weeks ago! :D

21dn4ht.jpg

x5zdr9.jpg

vc7lh.jpg

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
is that thing filled up with hot glue? I'm in the same boat as you as I started with zero soldering skills, but I haven't even finished one mod yet.

Yup, the top portion is filled with some hot glue to keep the wires and the switch from accidentally grounding out against each other. I use JB Weld epoxy as well for certain things but hot glue seems to be the best for filling in large areas.

eskimoroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
That's a very nice looking mod! Let us know how long your atomisers last - I wonder whether the lower voltage could have an impact there.

We'll see. It's the same voltage as standard e-cigs and the screwdriver so I think it should be okay. I actually did a test with 7.2 volts using the exist battery housing, a couple 3.6 lithium AAA sized batteries, and a dowel covered in foil but unfortunately that seemed to be too much for the atomizer since I think I burned it out after like two puffs. :( Oh well. I think 3-6 volts seems to be the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread