Not open for further replies.

Katch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
California
I purchased this a couple weeks ago:

Mountain Vaporizer 18650 Battery Tube

... when I first got it, everything was fine, vaped like a fully charged ego and lasted all day on the Panasonic CGR18650CG. Now it barely works regardless of battery charge or clearo/tank used?

Any ideas or suggestions or was this a bad purchase?

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I don't know your experience or history with mechanical mods - nor do I know what you budget is for vaping in general, so I'll just be honest. Yes, it's a "bad purchase". Consider it a learning experience.

Judging from the photos and complete lack of description other than dimensions... you bought a very, very inexpensive mod. I think of a cheap mod as being around $30... so I can only imagine what quality level a $17 "store brand" mod would have.

Unless there's an issue with the battery, chances are the contacts are already corroded and need to be cleaned... if you're lucky. If the resistance is high in your mod contacts, then you can easily have a "barely works" condition. Without having it in my hands, that's a hopeful assumption on my part.

I know you don't have a DMM, because if you did, you'd not be asking your questions. If you want to use mechanical mods successfully, you need to own a digital multi-meter. Without it, you have no idea of the battery condition, the continuity and resistance in your mod or the resistance of your various coils. Buy a decent DMM... even a $10 one is better than none at all.

Good luck,
SOF

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
I don't know your experience or history with mechanical mods - nor do I know what you budget is for vaping in general, so I'll just be honest. Yes, it's a "bad purchase". Consider it a learning experience.

Judging from the photos and complete lack of description other than dimensions... you bought a very, very inexpensive mod. I think of a cheap mod as being around $30... so I can only imagine what quality level a $17 "store brand" mod would have.

Unless there's an issue with the battery, chances are the contacts are already corroded and need to be cleaned... if you're lucky. If the resistance is high in your mod contacts, then you can easily have a "barely works" condition. Without having it in my hands, that's a hopeful assumption on my part.

I know you don't have a DMM, because if you did, you'd not be asking your questions. If you want to use mechanical mods successfully, you need to own a digital multi-meter. Without it, you have no idea of the battery condition, the continuity and resistance in your mod or the resistance of your various coils. Buy a decent DMM... even a $10 one is better than none at all.

Good luck,
SOF

Man you hard just hard lol
But your right too

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Aside from possible voltage loss due to a certain construction, get some Noalox from Home Depot or another hardware store.

Grease up every part that has threads.
Also, make sure some contact screw or whatnot didn't back out a little. Become familiar with how this thing works, take it ALL apart and go through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread