Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Since I've been vaping (> 6 years), I've heard that most of the nic in vapor is absorbed in the mucous membranes of the mouth, throat, and nose.
I've heard that too, but I'm somewhat skeptical about it. The fact that most DL vapers are satisfied with such low nic levels is what makes me question it.
Theory is the nicotine molecule in vapor is larger than the nicotine molecule in smoke, so the vapor molecule may not get into the lung's tiny alveoli (air sacs) for absorbtion.
The size of the particles or droplets carrying the nicotine perhaps, but certainly not the nicotine molecules themselves. Molecules are
So in theory, its not necessary to inhale vapor into your lungs to absorb your nicotine.
I'll vouch for that. I've often described myself as "an MTl vaper, with the 'l' being lower-case for a reason."

Of course inhaling into the lungs isn't required for tobacco smoke either, with cigar and pipe smokers traditionally inhaling little, if any.

FWIW, exhaling through my nose doesn't cause me any problems.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
How much nic gets absorbed in the lungs? I have no clue as to the numbers on this, but...i was watchin my daughter outside blowing bubbles just now and got the bright idea to blow vape filled bubbles. Its actually pretty cool to look at. As i was taking DL hits and making the bubbles, i kinda chain vaped a couple times in a row pretty quick. I got enough nicotine through my lungs that i had to come inside and sit down.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've heard that too, but I'm somewhat skeptical about it. The fact that most DL vapers are satisfied with such low nic levels is what makes me question it.

I think that proves the theory, myself. DL vapers are arguably taking in a larger volume of vapor than a MTL vaper. And DL vapers are often using a sub-ohm tank which tends to make more vapor, and concentrate the vapor and nicotine level.

The size of the particles or droplets carrying the nicotine perhaps, but certainly not the nicotine molecules themselves. Molecules are
I agree with your assessment of particles or droplets. That's a more accurate explanation.

I absolutely know there are different sized molecules. In medicine, there is the "blood/brain barrier" phenomenon. Some medications, specifically antibiotics, are unable to cross the "blood/brain barrier" because of the size of the molecules of the drug. The process is dependent upon a phenomenon known as osmosis, the ability of molecules being able to cross a barrier such as a cell wall.

Reactions: stols001

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Im confused....i put the driptip to my nose and inhaled deeply. Then, after the initial firey burn inside my nose, i went into a 20 sneezing fit before i blacked out. When i came to, my nose was running like a leaky faucet. Cant hardly wait to try this again....:headbang:

Next time try it with Nic Salts....

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The sinus membranes are great. I've had a couple oral surgeries as a vaper, and got to "pefect" my NTN vaping style. LOL I literally DID stick my drip tip up my nose, inhale down into my lungs, and then out through my nose. I will say (although I was passed out some of the time due to pain) that I had no problems with it and actually went through far less eliquid than usual.

Of course, NTN isn't my favorite vaping style, (my nose got dried out a bit no other issues) but I can attest the nose and mucus membranes are good at absorbing nic.

I am curious about the "my lungs became allergic to vapor part." I am sensitive to PG, and couldn't vape it, and eliminating any PG higher than 10% helped. I'm not saying don't vape the way you wish and works for you, but if you are sensitive to an ingredient well, you may want to find out (if you are) in case that sensitivity eventually translates over into your mouth and nose.

To high VG can also cause a "heavy" feeling in the lungs, so that is another possibility.

Although, nothing wrong with staying just where you are in my opinion, either, if it's working for you and etc.

Anna

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The fact that most DL vapers are satisfied with such low nic levels is what makes me question it.

Because most DL devices generate a greater volume of vapor with greater density, therefore more nicotine.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I literally DID stick my drip tip up my nose, inhale down into my lungs, and then out through my nose. I will say (although I was passed out some of the time due to pain) that I had no problems with it and actually went through far less eliquid than usual.

giphy.gif

5073d4b89ff54ddeb747e1a804c24b6b.png

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
has the title says is it a good nic absorption technic because I have become allergic to vaping and my lungs don't like it but I can do a mouth to noseand i get a really good punch on the head and nose because it seems that the nic is instantly absorbed
Welcome and glad you joined.

mikethevaper

May 25, 2018
Portugal
been vaping for like 4 years and I converted my whole family from smokers to vapers
xd I even accidentally converted my non-smoker brother into vaping xd
I was having some allergies but they seem to subside now
another thing I am noticing now is that I have to cut down on coffee because vaping + coffee makes me have heartburn and I am young 19 y old.
Now I am just occasionally making lung inhales and trying to switch from full-on cloud chaser to a more casual type of vaper since my objective is to quit in the future because my bodybuilding goals are getting slightly pushed back because of feeling a bit of heavy lungs after a vape (70 VG 30 pg )
but ofc i do have hey fever soo sensetive lungs (i smoked 1 pack a day for 1 year and a half and they didnt bother about it ... ) and then i found the holy god of vaping
and jumped straigh to it even dow at the time the media was just spaming that it was super harmufll and becose i am not dumb and dont trust the media i decided to try it and it was a verry good decision i can vape for 20 $ and it last me almost a year (I vape low nic 1.5 mg but i started at 18 mg )

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread