• Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Katcandoo

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    I also use the freemax fireluke 2. I use .2ohm coils on that one too and chain vape that tank. The coils last me about 3 weeks IF you break them in properly. Thats another really good tank. And I also use a nunchaku with .2ohm coils. Thats a kind of okd tank but I still find the coils on all the common vape supplier sites. That tank also lasts me a few weeks.

So i would reccomend:
    horizon falcon king
    Freemax fireluke 2
    Uwell nunchaku.

If you want to get into RTA, RDA, RDTA etc. You need to first decide if you want mesh or coil. Single, dual or more build deck. And be able to calculate wraps and ohms or use pre-built coils.

The Freemax Fire Luke 2 looks interesting. I’ve never used mesh. I prefer a single build open deck. Dual and quads builds aren’t my preference. I like the ease of pre-built coils, but can rebuild when/if I want to/must do. And know how to calculate the # of wraps needed to achieve desired ohms. Dripped and did my own builds for quite a while. Went back to prebuilt because it fit my lifestyle. With the impending vape-apocalypse, I can always fall back on building. Thank you for the suggestions, gives me a lot to thinks about!

Katcandoo

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA

Katcandoo

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    Update, if anyone is still following this. I found my magma clone!!! I was cleaning out my old vaping boxes, and found it in a box for a different tank. I also found a Fogger V4 RDA tank, brand new never used, in its original box. Apparently, I bought it 5 years ago, but never built it. Happy days!

Katcandoo

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    I found this in case you have an extra $110 burning a hole in your pocket...

Magma V2 RDA by Paradigm Modz (Authentic)

I ended up buying this. I found my old clone, in a box, from when we moved 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I left a used build/cotton in it, and it corroded to the point it’s useless. Got it today, and am enjoying it tremendously! Thank you for the link!!!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That's one way @UncleJunkle, you've also got Citric acid crystals with water and patio cleaners (Hydrofluoric acid) that should help dissolve any rust as well. Depending upon how bad the corrosion is.

Right, if the rust is too deep, then no point. White vinegar does a respectable job if the rust isn't too bad and it's super cheap and very easy to wash away. I don't know about the other stuff you mentioned.

They say that if you use vinegar you should then soak the part you soaked in the vinegar in baking soda and water to neutralize any vinegar that's left, but I don't know the validity of that or if it's necessary. I've never bothered.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Katcandoo

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    @Katcandoo I'm pretty sure, but not 100% sure, that the Joyetech Procore Air tank can use the Vaporesso coils that go in the NRG tank (can't remember the name of the coils) as well as the Eleaf HW series coil heads. These should be widely available, if not from US vendors then from Chinese vendors.

And if that's the case, it's pssible that the iJoy EXO-S (aka XS1) single coil RBA might fit and work in that tank. It's an older, hard to find RBA but there's an an Amazon seller that sells it in a 5-pack that I've bough from before.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This thread may be of interest to you. Looks like the Vaporesso GT and Eleaf HW coils may in fact be compatible with that tank. And looking at the sizes of the coil heads as well as how the original coil fits in your tank using pictures from Fasttech, it is possible the Ijoy EXO-S RBA might fit and work too, but I can't say for sure.

Katcandoo

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    Maybe it's salvageable. Soak it in white vinegar for a few days then clean the remaining rust off with steel wool as best you can, clean all the loose rust and vinegar off really well after that.

Thanks! Took it completely apart, including removing the screws, and soaked all of it for 2 days, and cleaned it good. Put it back together (the screw heads need an Allen wrench, and the tops were warped, it was a hot mess). Did a beautiful build (twice), and it had zero current both times. It’s a 7 year old $20 clone that’s been rusting for 5 years. She was a great gal and served me well. RIP. The new authentic replacement looks identical, except the top of the screws use a small flathead screwdriver. So much better! And I can adjust the ohms on my builds. That’s a plus. Everything now is not just sub ohm, but super sub ohm - .2, or .1.5, etc. I like being able to make a .8 ohm coil.

Katcandoo

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    That's one way @UncleJunkle, you've also got Citric acid crystals with water and patio cleaners (Hydrofluoric acid) that should help dissolve any rust as well. Depending upon how bad the corrosion is.

It was really bad. I couldn’t get any current through it after a thorough soaking and cleaning. It was DOA. I ordered the FreeMax Fire Luke 3. My first foray into mesh. Wish me luck!

• Useful
    Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    SS904L mesh if I remember correctly @Katcandoo. So if you have TC mode on your mod, you could try it.

@UncleJunkle, diluted Hydrofluoric acid or patio cleaner you really have to be careful with as it's a strong acid. But it's dammed good for removing corrosion and sometimes dissolving things.

So that's outside use only and dilute it with lots of water to remove item or items, just to be totally sure.

Citric acid on the other hand is found in fruits and is pretty safe weak acid to use, you can still dissolve things with it. I managed to dissolve a screw for a GT IV clone with it.

But it's safe to use indoors, it just takes a bit longer to work.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread