mp2307 buck module aka KIS-3R33S Z with 2x 10440 in a 9v batt box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicksVap3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maine USA
ok knew i was missing something... the pull-up resistor you replaced with the 100k pull-down resistor too keep it OFF instead of ON until the switch is hit. F_up #1. but i dont think the module should have gotten that hot because of that. maybe the cheap little pot i used shorted out... gotta step back and pin point F_up #2, and #3 and so on. learning curve started. guess i could have got a kit from madvapes, but i think thats cheating :p

also, looking back through.. the diagram you drew up, looks like the pull-up is just removed, and the 100k pull-down is put in line with the switch? i cant read those schematics, try to and can sorta make sense of them, sometimes...
also... looks like im talking to myself again... ill talk myself through it eventually :p

Last edited:

raidy

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Germany
Hope this may help you
gennypennymitckdygqxf7z.gif

C=37-100uF 10-35V. The switch ist a closer. It close until you press it.
The voltage-meter (if you want) is a lipo-tester. You find it in ebay for 6$

Last edited:

NicksVap3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Maine USA
raidy thanks alot for your time helping out this amateur... i did get this working. im almost embarrassed to say what the issue was, but here goes. I HAD THE + & - MIXED UP ON THE BATTERY CONNECTION :facepalm: i was using a 9v to test it and i assumed the larger terminal was positive. took it out and looked over everything... i feel so stupid

making a trip to rat shack to get a case to hold it. bought a altoids smalls pack yesterday, but its not quite big enough to fit it all in

thanks raidy and illuxion

Last edited:

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
I was wondering if anyone had taken this module and removed the 2307 chip and created a much simple and smaller circuit? I'm sure there is quite a few components on that board that are not needed for our application. Also, has anyone found a schematic of the module? All I could find is the DS for the chip.

I will be trying it when they get here (no big monetary loss if I mess it up). I'll post results,,, success or failure.

Uncle Screwtape

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2010
NE-IL
Thanks NicksVap3,

Thats some of the stuff that's in the datasheet. It seems that most of the circuitry is there to minimize any ripple in the output, which I don't care about. I'll breadboard the sucker and see what kind of results I get without the inductor and caps.

It's been a LONG time since I was in an electronics class, but I think I remember enough to keep from blowing myself up. LOL

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Whatever you do make sure you have at least 25v caps on there!! I had stuck some 10v caps on not planning to go higher than 8.4v with 2- 18350's I had...and it was doing fine..I was getting about 3.79 amps out of the module and it was just slightly warm...but I could only get up to 6.1v with the batts....so I have this power pack that puts out 23v/2.5A and I wanted to see how it would do. Well I forgot the caps were only 10v...so as soon as I touched the wire to hook it up...POP!! I'm glad the input cap was on the bottom side the board...the cap is mounted on its side and it blew one side off and embedded it in the board...the top blew across to the other side of the module! It looks like the cap is the only thing that fried...but I wont know until I rework it. No more playing until I get the right caps! :glare:

P1020755.jpg

P1020756.jpg

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Whatever you do make sure you have at least 25v caps on there!! I had stuck some 10v caps on not planning to go higher than 8.4v with 2- 18350's I had...and it was doing fine..I was getting about 3.79 amps out of the module and it was just slightly warm...but I could only get up to 6.1v with the batts....so I have this power pack that puts out 23v/2.5A and I wanted to see how it would do. Well I forgot the caps were only 10v...so as soon as I touched the wire to hook it up...POP!! I'm glad the input cap was on the bottom side the board...the cap is mounted on its side and it blew one side off and embedded it in the board...the top blew across to the other side of the module! It looks like the cap is the only thing that fried...but I wont know until I rework it. No more playing until I get the right caps! :glare:
Not to question your numbers, but basically you where running a 1.6Ω atty/load and getting 6.1V under load?

That's pretty damn amazing:

FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION

The MP2307 regulates input voltages from
4.75V to 23V down to an output voltage as low
as 0.925V, and supplies up to 3A of load
current

With the LM2596 (also rated at 3A) China module the best I got was 2.6A, and it needed a heat sink to get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread