Mt. Baker? Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
first, tell me one store of any kind that doesn't do the "regular price/slash/your price" tactic. it's as common as dryer lint.

What's funny about this case is that even the slashed-through price ($7.99) is lower than what most vendors charge for a 15ml bottle. Usually, when vendors do the slashed-price schtick they use an inflated price as the starting point. My favorite computer-parts vendor, for example, might claim that a Black Friday sale cuts $100 from a given item. "Limited Time Only, ends in 48 hours!!!"

Check back three days later, and you find that the normal price is $15 or $20 higher, not $100.

Anyway, you're right; it happens everywhere. About the worst thing you can say about MBV is that they employ mass-market-business tactics -- which some people believe to be cheesy. But given that MBV sells at mass-market prices, I think it's only natural, even good, that MBV acts like large-volume businesses in other industries.

second, why would anybody fabricate a favorable review to receive $10 credit for a store whose products they don't like? that makes no sense, does it?

Exactly. I tried to make that point earlier, but you've done it better. In order for the MBV offer to constitute a bribe, it'd have to be cash, not a store credit.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Still want to know what equipment u are using.
I am currently vaping, 3 flavers, strawberry cake, bloo moo, and another one, a strawberry and cream
If they were any stronger i wouldnt like them. I use cartotanks and cartomizers
I did not use flavor shots.
Im in love with all 3 and cant wait to try the others i ordered.

I also ordered the same flavors from mistereliquids and heathersheavenlyvapes, the other two are still steeping, and do not taste well yet.

Mtbv is the most vapeable right out the mailbox.
Not to say its the best, nothing beats my own personal diy strawberry cake.
I would like to do a review of these flavors from these companies in 4 weeks basically side by side comparison, all ordered same day, all recieved same day.

As of right now i might not have any mtbv strawberry or blueberry left in 3 weeks.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
It's not my intention to do any company bashing; just to honestly express what my personal experience has been--that's why I won't be making further comments pertaining to this review nor will I be replying to comments here under this review but prefer to allow my review to speak for itself. By all means, feel free to post comments, but if you want a response from me you can try PMing me.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Seriously? I ask you twice simply what are you vaping it in and you cant answer me?

This seems very shady.
Im not even talking anything about bashing im asking for my own knowledge. Wondering if you are using cartos or say iclear 16. It might matter as to what the juice tastes like,

For instance i love halo cool mist in a clearo, but its way too strong and burns my throat in a carto.

Im actually trying to address your honest review.. I understand you dont like their juice. Its not flavorful. I for one am not bashing you for your opinion. So can you just ignore the darn haters and answer my question?

I was going to follow up with who is your favorite ejuice supplier so far?

Im offended that you can indulge in negative people but ignore me, twice!

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Hi everyone and thanks for reading the first of a series of reviews that I intend to share here at ECF covering the various vaping products that I will be trying out. I should be able to post a review every week or two or whenever I have enough spare time, so please keep your eye on the review section for my latest entry. Whether you agree or disagree with my opinions, I will always encourage you to share your own feedback, and to ensure that everyone is allowed to offer their own two cents on the subjects that I will cover without feeling any pressure from me, I won't be involving myself in the discussions that follow my reviews but instead will give everyone the freedom to express their own thoughts without being subjected to any rebuttal from the writer. Please send me a friend request if you would like to make it easier to follow me, and I will try to address as many PMs (private messages) as possible. Thank you and happy vaping.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hi everyone and thanks for reading the first of a series of reviews that I intend to share here at ECF covering the various vaping products that I will be trying out. I should be able to post a review every week or two or whenever I have enough spare time, so please keep your eye on the review section for my latest entry. Whether you agree or disagree with my opinions, I will always encourage you to share your own feedback, and to ensure that everyone is allowed to offer their own two cents on the subjects that I will cover without feeling any pressure from me, I won't be involving myself in the discussions that follow my reviews but instead will give everyone the freedom to express their own thoughts without being subjected to any rebuttal from the writer. Please send me a friend request if you would like to make it easier to follow me, and I will try to address as many PMs (private messages) as possible. Thank you and happy vaping.

Fair enough. You might want to include some of the information LadieKali requested in the next review, though -- devices used, wattage, how or whether you actually steeped the juice, and so on. Context is key in reviews.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Nice review - more about MBV in general than the juices - but lots of detail, so thanks for posting it.

You liked 1 out of 3 juices. I'd say that's a pretty good percentage. I'd also say Albino is a very weak flavored juice as well, I detected little or no flavor when I tried it. I have it sitting in my vape chest 'steeping'. Again, I agree that you will never steep flavor into a juice (this Albino Drake I have has changed a little, but it's still very weak)

But after all that said, if I buy 3 juices and like 1 of them, I'd call that a runaway success.

I also agree with you that they should have taken more care with your order presentation - that would have put me off as well. I've had upwards of 10 orders with MBV and each one has arrived clean and well packaged. I am sure if you had reached out to them, they would have made it right. I know you shouldn't have to, but everyone makes mistakes, and letting them know they screwed up helps them get it right the next time.

As for bribing for kind reviews, I thought the same - at least at first.
When I saw that letter in my first order I was like Hmmm, now I understand why there are so many reviews on youtube for MBV juice. But, when you think about it, all it does is motivate someone who genuinely did like the juice into making a video about it. How many people who didn't like the juice are going to say it's good to get $10 off so they can buy more juice they don't like? Also, as someone else has said, there are a bunch of positive reviews here on ECF too - all not solicited and all not paid for in 'bribes' or otherwise.

And finally, who posts a review and then refuses to discuss it? I don't get that part at all. Last time I checked this was a discussion forum. If you don't want people to discuss your review, then don't post it. I know it's your prerogative, but I don't get it. Do you just not want to get flamed or something?

As a point of detail, you can request whatever flavor and strength you like in the free sample - I always request 18mg and always get it. I even sometimes specify the ratio and I'll get that too...
You kept mentioning you spent $40 when by your own admission you spent 15.97 with free shipping. So doubling that, that's about $32. Facts are important if we are to take the rest of the review seriously. EDIT - Thanks for clarifying the total spend.

Last edited:

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
As for bribing for kind reviews, I thought the same - at least at first.
When I saw that letter in my first order I was like Hmmm, now I understand why there are so many reviews on youtube for MBV juice. But, when you think about it, all it does is motivate someone who genuinely did like the juice into making a video about it. How many people who didn't like the juice are going to say it's good to get $10 off so they can buy more juice they don't like? Also, as someone else has said, there are a bunch of positive reviews here on ECF too - all not solicited and all not paid for in 'bribes' or otherwise.

I still think the bribery is a shady tactic.

Most of us here are addicted to nicotine, and on some level resent the fact that we have a physical craving for a product we have to pay for. Even if the juice is only "Meh" $10 of free product would be more than enough to convince a lot of addicts to post positively glowing reviews for a free fix.

kelli

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2013
cocoon of lunacy

Most of us here are addicted to nicotine, and on some level resent the fact that we have a physical craving for a product we have to pay for. Even if the juice is only "Meh" $10 of free product would be more than enough to convince a lot of addicts to post positively glowing reviews for a free fix.

lol, you make us sound like strung out street junkie crankheads. in reality, i think most of us could scrape together the $10 without having to make a bogus video. just sayin'.....

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
lol, you make us sound like strung out street junkie crankheads. in reality, i think most of us could scrape together the $10 without having to make a bogus video. just sayin'.....

Yeah, again, I can understand why some people might find the promotion cheesy or shady, but $10 in store credit isn't enough to get anyone who wasn't already inclined to make and post a youtube video. It sure as hell isn't enough for me to do the youtube thing. This really isn't any different from all of the countless refer-a-friend discounts you see from vendors in every industry.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas

As always it's buyer beware. If people are exclusively using youtube for their consumer advice regarding which juice to buy, then I might suggest they check other sources - like ECF for example.

Heck, even the reviews on MBV own website include the ones that say "this sucks, don't buy it" so I don't think MBV are doing anything shady.

Most companies will offer some type of reward for saying something positive about their products on social media. "Like' us on facebook and get a coupon is a common business practice for many retailers - and I don't see what MBV are doing as anything different to that.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Well some vendors wont post any negative reviews on their juices. I know because ive attempted to leave some. For example i wrote on one of halos websites, i did not like this one because it tasted like a clove cigarette. If you love clove go for it, otherwise beware, still gave it 3 stars for quality and they never posted that review! I also recieve points from halo towards free juice for leaving reviews, so mbv are not the only culprits of such propaganda lol,

I have only ordered from mbv once, so i do have a hogh interest in other peoples experience. But id also like to know what clearo, carto u are using, how long the juice has steeped. And if possible what voltage or wattage was used, otherwise the review is pointless.

Again, op refused to answer simple questions relating to the review.

I dont get it.
Cant imagine what the deal is with that.

I cans ay i have ordered from another company, that one of my bottles was empty! Like never filled empty. I emailed them politely about it and they have given me store credit for twice the amount i spent.

On the other hand another company, highdesertvapes, sent me a total different formula of canteloupe than the first batch they sent me, tasted nothing like the forst batch. And was horrid, emailed them asking some simple questions, reply was taste is subjective, the flavor may not be for you!

So i totally understand that frustration.

I just dont understand why leave a review and refuse to list what clearo, or carto or tank you used.
I would want to know this info even if it was the best tasting juice in the world.

Lordy.

If you like strong flavors, have you tried mistereliquid? I reccomend steeping a week. But man they got some good ones. Very strong in flavor. Atleast in my cartotank it is.

Goodluck in your search.
And i highly recomend leaving info on the equipment used when trying flavors.

Im not sure reviews are for rants. Reviews are so we can all make an informed decision when buying new juices or products.
Example.. I had one bad experience with customer sevice from hdv... But when reading reviews a lot of others had bad experiences as well, so i dont care how good the juice is or isnt, im not using them again.

I also feel like someone leaving a review of their experience shouldnt get bashed for doing so. Positive or negative. Some seem harsh.
I just wish op would ignore it and continue to discuss with people who are genuinly interested in your experience.

All that set aside i apologize for type o's im on a mini ipad with a two yr old in my lap.

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
Well some vendors wont post any negative reviews on their juices. I know because ive attempted to leave some. For example i wrote on one of halos websites, i did not like this one because it tasted like a clove cigarette. If you love clove go for it, otherwise beware, still gave it 3 stars for quality and they never posted that review! I also recieve points from halo towards free juice for leaving reviews, so mbv are not the only culprits of such propaganda lol,

I have only ordered from mbv once, so i do have a hogh interest in other peoples experience. But id also like to know what clearo, carto u are using, how long the juice has steeped. And if possible what voltage or wattage was used, otherwise the review is pointless.

Again, op refused to answer simple questions relating to the review.

I dont get it.
Cant imagine what the deal is with that.

I cans ay i have ordered from another company, that one of my bottles was empty! Like never filled empty. I emailed them politely about it and they have given me store credit for twice the amount i spent.

On the other hand another company, highdesertvapes, sent me a total different formula of canteloupe than the first batch they sent me, tasted nothing like the forst batch. And was horrid, emailed them asking some simple questions, reply was taste is subjective, the flavor may not be for you!

So i totally understand that frustration.

I just dont understand why leave a review and refuse to list what clearo, or carto or tank you used.
I would want to know this info even if it was the best tasting juice in the world.

Lordy.

If you like strong flavors, have you tried mistereliquid? I reccomend steeping a week. But man they got some good ones. Very strong in flavor. Atleast in my cartotank it is.

Goodluck in your search.
And i highly recomend leaving info on the equipment used when trying flavors.

Im not sure reviews are for rants. Reviews are so we can all make an informed decision when buying new juices or products.
Example.. I had one bad experience with customer sevice from hdv... But when reading reviews a lot of others had bad experiences as well, so i dont care how good the juice is or isnt, im not using them again.

I also feel like someone leaving a review of their experience shouldnt get bashed for doing so. Positive or negative. Some seem harsh.
I just wish op would ignore it and continue to discuss with people who are genuinly interested in your experience.

All that set aside i apologize for type o's im on a mini ipad with a two yr old in my lap.

If someone is going to make a review it should be done in a manner that is unbiased and should include facts pertaining the the company or product being reviewed other then to make inaccurate statements, claims and innuendo. All specifics in the review should be documented as you had requested, they should also take the time to read what is already posted and recommended by the company on their website, if there are specific issues that need to be addressed then those should be included and with what steps were taken to contact the vendor and what actions were taken to correct the situation or if not corrective action was taken by the vendor.

This is one of many issues I have with this review, no specifics, no real detail, never contacted the vendor to correct the issue or get a explanation nor was there any indication that the reviewer was interested in having the issue addressed, just the opposite as a matter of fact, it was stated that there was going to be no contact. Not knowing the details that you are reviewing nullifies and credibility of the reviewer. Wondering why specific juices are a dollar higher is shown on the website, the customer service is great, but you actually do have to contact them to let them know of a problem and give the vendor a chance to address the issue or not.

So as far as this being an honest review, sorry it shows otherwise. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however to try to show others that something is wrong or right needs to be done in a proper fashion otherwise it's not a review by any stretch of the imagination and holds no value what so ever.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I like the ecto cooler a lot so I agree with this statement.

to be fair to white drake, i didn't care for it much right out of the post, but after 1.5 weeks, I'm starting to like it a lot and my wife agrees

i got a flavor called grappler that I didn't care for right out of the mail. same shipment as the white drake and it's tasting fantastic today.

i like the coffee flavor from mt baker a TON but it gunks up SO fast i can't believe it. i might try it with a different mix next time to fix this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread