Mt. Baker? Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I must be missing something - you tried three juices and liked one. Personally I'd be thrilled with that ratio.

really? ... only 1 good juice out of 3 ... that is OK with you?

Sure glad I found DIY :2cool:

Given my experience, I would be happy to like one out of three juices I've sampled. So far it's maybe one out of ten. But I never said I was ok with it.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Given my experience, I would be happy to like one out of three juices I've sampled. So far it's maybe one out of ten. But I never said I was ok with it.

I see your point Barbara21 ... I am fairly new and have been reading about a lot of crappy juices ... seems some vendors are churning out anything they mix up ... not much R&D being done.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Just to be clear, MBV includes a letter with every order saying that they'll give you a coupon if you post a video on Youtube mentioning them in a positive light. That may be a little skeevy to some people, but it's important to note that none of the positive feedback MBV receives on ECF or other forums falls under that deal.

That deal is unlikely to affect the handful of reputable reviewers on youtube too -- Phil Busardo and company. Generic youtube reviews, as always, are watch-at-your-own-risk items.

It also in no way impacts reviews on Mt. Baker's own web site where the policy is "anything goes". They do not edit or remove negative reviews - at all.

The $10.00 coupon deal might sound a little hinky. Then again, the only people getting it would be people who had a positive experience anyway - so what's the problem? Why would someone put up a fake positive review on YouTube just to get $10.00 off their next order of stuff - that they hated and wouldn't be reordering anyway? :blink:

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Haven't tried MB so can't comment about the company or their products. But for just an observation about this thread, it's kind of strange. The OP makes a rather long statement and then refuses to participate in the resulting discussion. Keeps encouraging forum members to PM him, and even to friend him to easily follow his future "reviews", if that's what you want to call these. Sounds more like sour grapes than a real review to me.

Everything he say's about MB may just possibly be accurate, I wouldn't know. However, his unorthodox approach leaves much to be desired IMO. I for one am not a fan. Just my two cents worth.

best regards, larry mac

kelli

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2013
cocoon of lunacy
Haven't tried MB so can't comment about the company or their products. But for just an observation about this thread, it's kind of strange. The OP makes a rather long statement and then refuses to participate in the resulting discussion. Keeps encouraging forum members to PM him, and even to friend him to easily follow his future "reviews", if that's what you want to call these. Sounds more like sour grapes than a real review to me.

Everything he say's about MB may just possibly be accurate, I wouldn't know. However, his unorthodox approach leaves much to be desired IMO. I for one am not a fan. Just my two cents worth.

best regards, larry mac

agreed, larry. sounded more like a hatchet job than a review to me. but i am vapid so who knows. :p

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I see your point Barbara21 ... I am fairly new and have been reading about a lot of crappy juices ... seems some vendors are churning out anything they mix up ... not much R&D being done.

It's not necessarily that the juices are crappy. Some of my least favorite juices have an extremely good reputation. Heck, Phil Busardo seems to hate everything I like and to love the things I hate most; his taste seems to be the inverse of mine. That doesn't mean he's wrong, and it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

It just means that flavor preferences in this sphere are profoundly personal and subjective. All of that is a long way of saying that I think Barbara makes a great point: 1 out of 3 is pretty damn good.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Did u allow the juices to steep? I just got my first order from MBV and I can tell they are going to need to steep the Blue Moo is ok now but still needs time to steep. The Hawk sauce definitely needs time to steep, then the flavor will come out! I have had luck with HHVs juices being able to vape without steeping but still got better in time. " made to order" means fresh it might take a month to steep and get the true flavors out of the juice.

looks to me a newbie that knows nothing of steeping, and still never mentioned what devices u was using either, which is also very important...

just my opinion...

Well i reread the OP and saw he did list his devices but it really sounds like he didnt give the juice any time to steep. I didnt order any flavor shots and can still taste the blueberry's in Blue Moo and the flavor was a little weak in the Hawk Sauce but I tasted the sour taste and hint of menthol. i know these flavors will come out and be stronger with some stepping. also I see him say alot about the fast shipping eveywhere I have orderd my juices from has been here in 2-3 days that's Cignot, Good E Juice, Unsmoke, and HHV l believe that's all the juice vendors I have ordered from since I started vaping in 2011. Some are good out of the mail bag like HHVs juices were for me, now Unsmoke.us and MBV seem to be the only ones I have ordered from that has the born on date of when juice was made and need to steep

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
lol, you make us sound like strung out street junkie crankheads. in reality, i think most of us could scrape together the $10 without having to make a bogus video. just sayin'.....

Exactly 100% agree I just got my order from MBV today so I need to let the juices steep but even if I like them im not going to go thru the trouble of posting a video on You Tube for 10$ credit lol I need my fix!!! Geez I do see it as a way to get MBV name out there and a good business decision on there part as alot of people do make You Tube reviews for free anyways..

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I havnt found any that are good right out the mailbox yet. They seem to all need a good week or two for the flavor to get right

I have gotten juice for goodejuice and HHV that the juices were good right out of the mailbag. The Heavenly T from HHV hasnt changed but the Heavenly Army has changed alot..now MBV is made fresh so its def going to need to Steep for awhile to taste the flavors right..

spawnsharks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Austin, TX
Well, my MBV order arrived, and I tried a few out of the box. It's not bad... maybe with some steeping time on some of them.

Bananas Foster: Like a real banana as it's browning... really tastes like a mushy banana... but that's it. It's overpowering everything else. Maybe just needs time to steep.

Rocky Road: Tasted like fake cocoa powder to me.

Toasted marshmallow: Tastes like chemicals. I will not vape this stuff.

Venom. WHOA Nelly! Pungent. Made my eyes tear. Minty/cinnamony.. STRONG!

Sparks blend No. 1: My favorite custome blend. It's pretty good. Needs time to come together, but the flavors are all present.

Dr. Soda: Haven't tried it yet

No complaints about muted flavors, they are all really strong. Just some chemical flavors, maybe just alcohol, but it's strange... WIll have to let them rest a bit and come back later.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I got my first order today..
555- letting steep
Hawk Sauce- needs to steep but tried it out of the mail bag sour taste and definitely a menthol taste but not overwhelming strong one think ill really like this juice when its steeped
Blu Moo- a very nice blueberry flavor probably the one that will need the least amount of time to steep i actually been vaping a little throughout the day

I still had 555 from a different vendor so didnt try MBVs yet, but both juices I tried today will need to steep as they are only 2 days old I think I will really like both of them alot when steeped.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
No complaints about muted flavors, they are all really strong. Just some chemical flavors, maybe just alcohol, but it's strange... WIll have to let them rest a bit and come back later.

Same here I always described the fresh juice flavor as kinda like a perfume taste... i was told give them a week at least to taste the true flavors..

I just copied and pasted, but I have been trying to figure out how to mini quote?

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago

Same here I always described the fresh juice flavor as kinda like a perfume taste... i was told give them a week at least to taste the true flavors..

I just copied and pasted, but I have been trying to figure out how to mini quote?

Just click where it says "Reply with Quote"

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Yeah I can do that, just not mini quote I hit it then it has a check mark by it and then I dont know what to do??

That's not a mini quote button. It is a multi-quote button. If you click on that on multiple posts by others, it will include all of them in a single post by you.

You can break up a quote by using separate tags like so. Quote this post to see the actual code..

Yeah I can do that,
just not mini quote I hit it then it has a check mark
by it and then I dont know what to do??

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida

Just press reply with quote at the bottom of the post you want to repy to

The other one is for multiple quotes

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Keep in mind depending on the clearo you are using it will affect taste.
I dont use evods due to lack of throat hit and flavor.
Iclear 16 have muted flavor but great throat hit,
Cartomizers seem to have strongest flavor.

Some flavors are too strong in a carto so i then use my iclears.

That is a big reason as to why some one will love the flavor and some one else may say what flavor!

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
That's not a mini quote button. It is a multi-quote button. If you click on that on multiple posts by others, it will include all of them in a single post by you...

maybe I dont have it not able to figure this out..

I tried leaving what I wanted quoted and backspacing the rest out?? I figured out the Multi-Quote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread