Mt Baker...why so secretive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsGoddess2U

Nov 16, 2014
Salem, Oregon
I just asked Mt Baker for the PG/VG %'s in their flavorings, so I can get a more accurate mix...I was told they aren't allowed to give out that info. Why so secretive???? It's not like we're buying milk and cereal that is just poured into a bowl, without much thought...If you are providing a product that is to be mixed with another product by means of careful and precise measurements, you should at least provide the basic info on how much of the one product is already contained in the other. Is this the same everywhere, or are their distributors out there that are providing this info...??

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
I would say that a quick read on the forums, or google search, would show that most manufactures don't give the PG/VG in their flavorings, some flavorings don't even have PG or VG in them. Unless you are speaking about the companies juice selection, and not the flavors in the DIY section. If they have any MSDS, that would have the information, but I don't think flavoring usually does.

I myself have actually asked a few vape shop owners how they get their exacts on PG/VG, as I myself don't see flavoring being taken into account. I know when I was selling juice that I counted flavoring towards my PG percentages, but my flavorings were mainly PG based. If you knew the flavor manufacturer, you could perhaps get the information from them, it is possible that the representative you spoke with thought you were asking about Mt Bakers juice, and not flavoring?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I would just assume you could read it right off of the site or the bottles for flavor west vise the few actual blends that Mt Baker has such as their signature hawk sauce.

ETA; I haven't seen vg mentioned in the ingredients in any of my FW bottles. For what that's worth.

Also, since I'm lazy and flavors are always thinner than vg, I always include the flavors in my pg percent to make things easy.

Sent from my device.

Last edited:

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
This doesn't help directly, but in the future if you order vendor juice, Open Source Vapor used to advertise giving out the kind of info you're wanting for every juice they make, I assume they still do if they're still around, have been out of the juice loop a bit.

Unfortunately it's probably more of the norm than something isolated to Mt Baker, andI can understand why Mt. Baker Vapor would beat into their employees heads why confidentiality is important, and make them sign confidentiality agreements at the time of employment. The person you spoke with was probably just "doing their job" and insuring they don't give out industry secrets. Even though to you or those who know juice well, that may be a small fact and has nothing to do with the overall mix and blend of flavorings and "special touches", but there's no limits to what some business persons will do to try and trick enough small details out of enough people to clone and make money off their creations.

I'm sure "Never give out any recipe information, ever!" probably stemmed from or is in place to prevent some employee down the road who is a few tacos short of a full meal from saying "Hey boss, guess what. Some guy on the internet was real nice to me. He wanted to learn about our juice because he likes them so much. He seemed awfully nice, even discussed our flavor ratios and everything after asking a few questions."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread