Status
Not open for further replies.

shakedowncircus

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2014
MO
Funny-Animals-tina-turner-squirrel.jpg

Ralphie, did you make a fresh pot of coffee yet?? I needs it.

stop-2_o_1131522.webp

diggyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
coffee needs to hit the bloodstream

I was up until about 3:30am drinking with my brother-in-law...then the kids woke me up at 6:30 by fighting with each other.

I'm wondering if the silence is a side-effect of that whopper last night that took me about an hour to read through. :)

Last edited:

Ta2ooz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Langley B.C. Canada
Hm... several videos and a bunch of reading later, looks like I should be ordering 32 ga kanthal and <insert various sizes of silica> wick, if I want to use silica.

I've seen variations including 3mm silica with no flavor wicks, 2mm silica doubled over with no flavor wicks, 2mm silica with one or two 1mm flavor wicks, and cotton.

Recommendations?
All I can say is cotton, IMO it is the best, sounds like your redoing some evod,protank heads? ( missed the original, couldn't catch up) it is dirt cheap, plentiful and you never need to worry about it being controlled by tha gubment.

Ta2ooz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Langley B.C. Canada
Ok, I'm back... hmm step away for a half hour this morning 4 posts... last night... 40 pages. :facepalm:
40? I had to work yesterday, but it was checking in throughout the day, went out to dinner with a buddy and went to the new motorcycle show, got home around 9 and thought I would check in...........87 pages, 87 now I understand all the squirrel references, y'all chat like squirrels on red bull. Nice job

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Figured while its relatively quiet at the moment I'd make a little public service announcement...

It has been decided in an effort to help ease the strain on the ECF servers that there will be a limit on the sized threads are allowed to reach, which will be 15,000 posts, obviously this thread has exceeded that. I asked Sam to open us up a new MBV home and that was also part of the reason I was asking where you all would prefer the thread be located...

I don't plan on closing this one immediately, probably within a few days though. I will link the new one in the final post when I do close this one...

There will be an official ECF announcement made tomorrow I believe but just want to get a jump on this ;)

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
It's still early for some of the night-owl's ;)

I'll go recruit a couple new trolls to liven things up if you want.

it's all of yours sunday, but to me its like monday. >< but, i only have to work two days in a row :p

Everyday is Monday for me... I'm going to regret this but quick math.... 531 days since I had a day off (most of those weeks been 100+ hours). I had 6 days off in a row then for a cross country trip.... otherwise it would've been 635 days in a row.

40? I had to work yesterday, but it was checking in throughout the day, went out to dinner with a buddy and went to the new motorcycle show, got home around 9 and thought I would check in...........87 pages, 87 now I understand all the squirrel references, y'all chat like squirrels on red bull. Nice job

Mia vapes like a squirrel :D

Khala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
Illinois, US
got any evods, 2.2 ohm coils?

try 8-9w in the mini, or 4.5-4.7v.

Thanks, Sam. The current head is supposed to be 2.2, but is reading 2.4 - 4.9v is working. No more soap taste. But I'm gonna be nic high if I keep vaping at this level - think I'm gonna have to lower my nic level in this tank.

We are here to help, please let me know if you need any more assistance, pictures, whatever. I'll tear down a coil and snap photos if you need me to. :)

You are the absolute best. I should be fine for now - ordered wire last night. Gonna play with both silica and cotton - I have plenty of both here. It doesn't look difficult at all. The hardest part will be finding my multimeter - I'm not sure where in the basement it's gotten to, and I'm not completely sure I trust the battery's readings at the moment.

Besides BNB and Cinn. Roll, what are some other good dessert-ish vapes.

Whats their best chocolates, that fudge brownie any good?

Wait for Sean to get here - he has a better handle on their chocolates than I do. I *want* to love their fudge brownie - it's the reason I bought new gear. It'll be up in the new tank next.

For the other dessert vapes, I'm fond of a mix of yellow cake and bavarian cream. Salted caramel is one of my all time favorites. And then there's shenanigans - sort of like an andes mint, but better. Really amazing chocolate mintish vape - but darker chocolate than the actual chocolate mint. Butter Pecan is awesome. Some of us swear by Jamaican Run (tastes like Werthers). Depends on if you're looking for bakery or candy - I've realized I tend to lean towards bakery, not candy.

Oh, and bananas foster is good enough after a long steep that I'm debating one of the banana nut combos.

That's just top of mind - I'm sure I'll go d'oh! shortly as I remember something I should have included.

All I can say is cotton, IMO it is the best, sounds like your redoing some evod,protank heads? ( missed the original, couldn't catch up) it is dirt cheap, plentiful and you never need to worry about it being controlled by tha gubment.

Gotcha. I already rewick my ego-c attys with cotton - working with silica in those things is a royal pain. I'll play with both, just so I know what the difference is, but I suspect I'll end up with cotton just because it's easier to work with.

I'm kind of laughing - I bought a new set of jeweler's screwdrivers just because I didn't want to mess up my good set prying open ego-c attys - and it looks like one of them might be the perfect size for wrapping protank coils on.

And now, after a couple of hits on the vanilla tobacco and no coffee yet, I'm off to remove all that white stuff from the driveway!

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Figured while its relatively quiet at the moment I'd make a little public service announcement...

It has been decided in an effort to help ease the strain on the ECF servers that there will be a limit on the sized threads are allowed to reach, which will be 15,000 posts, obviously this thread has exceeded that. I asked Sam to open us up a new MBV home and that was also part of the reason I was asking where you all would prefer the thread be located...

I don't plan on closing this one immediately, probably within a few days though. I will link the new one in the final post when I do close this one...

There will be an official EXF announcement made tomorrow I believe but just want to get a jump on this ;)

So, since everyone else wanted the thread to stay in Gen Liquid, we're going to have to start a new thread every X number of days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread