RDA MTL RDA questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwon Lee

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2016
Hello folks. This is my first post.

I just recently moved from nautilus Mini to rebuildables. After making some mistakes and returns, I realized that I am not a cloud chaser. I'm definitely a flavor chaser and have more appetite for MTL than restricted lung hits. The RDAs I want to ask you guys about are No Toy and No Pain from No Name. They are MTL RDAs from Italy I believe and was wondering how they perform. kayfun mini V3, kayfun Lite Plus, and Fodi F2 is on the way but I might just return the Fodi, if it is not so good, and get two RDAs along with a squonker mod. One of the two RDA is going to be the Origen Little (squonker capable). The other one is going to be either NP or NT (also Squonkers) or something else as I go though some recommendations and advises from you guys.

Thanks!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

I just recently moved from Nautilus Mini to rebuildables. After making some mistakes and returns, I realized that I am not a cloud chaser. I'm definitely a flavor chaser and have more appetite for MTL than restricted lung hits. The RDAs I want to ask you guys about are No Toy and No Pain from No Name. They are MTL RDAs from Italy I believe and was wondering how they perform. Kayfun mini V3, Kayfun Lite Plus, and Fodi F2 is on the way but I might just return the Fodi, if it is not so good, and get two RDAs along with a squonker mod. One of the two RDA is going to be the Origen Little (squonker capable). The other one is going to be either NP or NT (also Squonkers) or something else as I go though some recommendations and advises from you guys. I was previously using a Nautilus mini. I don't do bottom feeding setups.

Thanks!
Could you provide a link with photos of both decks? From what I can see from a google search there seems to be a lot of air supply. Are you sure they will be good for MTL? They also look expensive. May be you want to get some more experience before spending big bucks on custom parts. I do MTL strictly on an rda. Here is the one I use. $7.16 SV Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
The barrel with the single hole is good for mtl. It is good at flavor which is important for me because my DIY uses only 1% flavoring. The SV clone is the only atomizer I use. It is a bit fiddly to build a horizontal coil but not after some practice.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi. Im mtl too but i use tanks. I love the look of this though.
It has an bottom feed pin available as well. Which is what i think you need for squonking.

Apparently you can adjust it for a proper mtl hit. As well as normal dripper hits.

Have a look. If you got a bit of spare cash even better

GP Dripper

Kiwon Lee

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2016
Could you provide a link with photos of both decks? From what I can see from a google search there seems to be a lot of air supply. Are you sure they will be good for MTL? They also look expensive. May be you want to get some more experience before spending big bucks on custom parts. I do MTL strictly on an rda. Here is the one I use. $7.16 SV Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
The barrel with the single hole is good for mtl. It is good at flavor which is important for me because my DIY uses only 1% flavoring. The SV clone is the only atomizer I use. It is a bit fiddly to build a horizontal coil but not after some practice.

Thanks, you are right. To get those RDAs takes a lot of money. If I wanted to get a DNA 75 Squonker then it will add more money. I will try have some more experience and fun with the ones I get soon. I will keep my eyes on those really nice MTL RDAs but I will play with my MTL tanks first. Just Re ordered a Fodi F2. I hear many good things about it and a lot less expensive. So, here is the link man. No Toy, No Pain, and Little are all MTL capable and No Pain is MTL exclusive as it has only one hole 1.2mm. All three of them are single coil and NP and Little can do restrictive lung hits as well. NP has 4.5mm to 1mm hole and Little has some what smaller range than that.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I just recently moved from Nautilus Mini to rebuildables. After making some mistakes and returns, I realized that I am not a cloud chaser. I'm definitely a flavor chaser and have more appetite for MTL than restricted lung hits. The RDAs I want to ask you guys about are No Toy and No Pain from No Name. They are MTL RDAs from Italy I believe and was wondering how they perform. Kayfun mini V3, Kayfun Lite Plus, and Fodi F2 is on the way but I might just return the Fodi, if it is not so good, and get two RDAs along with a squonker mod. One of the two RDA is going to be the Origen Little (squonker capable). The other one is going to be either NP or NT (also Squonkers) or something else as I go though some recommendations and advises from you guys.
Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
"The RDAs I want to ask you guys about are No Toy and No Pain from No Name." I believe the two best RDA's for taste are the Magma and Origen deep well RDA's. These units give great flavor at the low end of the vaping spectrum (~2ohms and 7w).
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
May be better in the long run healthwise (<$)
Sorry, I can not help you with tanks nor squonkers.

Kiwon Lee

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2016
Hi. Im mtl too but i use tanks. I love the look of this though.
It has an bottom feed pin available as well. Which is what i think you need for squonking.

Apparently you can adjust it for a proper mtl hit. As well as normal dripper hits.

Have a look. If you got a bit of spare cash even better

GP Dripper

Yup. Looks like it could do MTL with single coil built, but sadly no more RDA for me. Sorry. I just changed my mind as you can see my reply above lol. I will keep following the MTL tanks and RDAs though.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Kiwon Lee

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2016
Welcome and glad you joined.
"The RDAs I want to ask you guys about are No Toy and No Pain from No Name." I believe the two best RDA's for taste are the Magma and Origen deep well RDA's. These units give great flavor at the low end of the vaping spectrum (~2ohms and 7w).
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping
May be better in the long run healthwise (<$)
Sorry, I can not help you with tanks nor squonkers.

Wow...2ohms is beyond my imagination. Does that apply to Kayfuns as well? and how do we make 2 ohm coils? I have SS Clapton that can do ~1 ohm with ~8 wraps. Wouldn't it make the DNA 75 chip to alert with "ohm too high"?

Kiwon Lee

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2016
Thanks, you are right. To get those RDAs takes a lot of money. If I wanted to get a DNA 75 Squonker then it will add more money. I will try have some more experience and fun with the ones I get soon. I will keep my eyes on those really nice MTL RDAs but I will play with my MTL tanks first. Just Re ordered a Fodi F2. I hear many good things about it and a lot less expensive. So, here is the link man. No Toy, No Pain, and Little are all MTL capable and No Pain is MTL exclusive as it has only one hole 1.2mm. All three of them are single coil and NP and Little can do restrictive lung hits as well. NP has 4.5mm to 1mm hole and Little has some what smaller range than that.
Wonder why my links are removed, but they can all be found at Vapinart.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Wow...2ohms is beyond my imagination. Does that apply to Kayfuns as well? and how do we make 2 ohm coils? I have SS Clapton that can do ~1 ohm with ~8 wraps. Wouldn't it make the DNA 75 chip to alert with "ohm too high"?
You have been sold a bill of goods. The cost of vaping clouds + taste is more expensive by far then the cost of Tootle Puffing for taste only.
"The primary downsides of sub-ohm vaping are that it requires more battery power (burns through battery charges/batteries) and burns through e-liquid faster."
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour ChasingMay 2016 / Smoking Vapor

I use a Eleaf IStick 40w (same battery for over a year now) and vape single coil *Magma RDA's at ~2 ohms/7 watts. The battery last all day (Great flavor and normal clouds) on one USB charge with good usage. This type of vaping is at the extreme other end of vaping (Great taste and moderate clouds).
The Magma RDA is a deep well dripper. With the approx. 2 ohm/7 watt, I can vape close to an hour without having to drip into the well. The whole set up is around $40.

Wonder why my links are removed, but they can all be found at Vapinart.
see: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
re: New Members Information

Reactions: Izan

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You have been sold a bill of goods. The cost of vaping clouds + taste is more expensive by far then the cost of Tootle Puffing for taste only.
"The primary downsides of sub-ohm vaping are that it requires more battery power (burns through battery charges/batteries) and burns through e-liquid faster."
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour ChasingMay 2016 / Smoking Vapor

I use a Eleaf IStick 40w (same battery for over a year now) and vape single coil *Magma RDA's at ~2 ohms/7 watts. The battery last all day (Great flavor and normal clouds) on one USB charge with good usage. This type of vaping is at the extreme other end of vaping (Great taste and moderate clouds).
The Magma RDA is a deep well dripper. With the approx. 2 ohm/7 watt, I can vape close to an hour without having to drip into the well. The whole set up is around $40.

see: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
re: New Members Information
You and I have arrived at about the same place. My favorite mod, Pico, is $25, my SV rda is $7. A 3,000 mAH battery firing 30 max watts at 400 degrees on a 1.35 ohm coil will last through the day and consumes 6 ml of DIY liquid which costs me 7 cents. If the OP must have big clouds everything gets more complicated and expensive and it's going to be direct lung, not MTL. I don't have to carry spare batteries and I've developed an aversion to doing that because they seem to be the main cause of injuries these days. If I carry a Mega, the 26650 version of the Pico, there is no need to think about recharging during the day since it lasts me all day with capacity to spare.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread