MTL set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatterman321

Nov 22, 2017
Ingersoll Ontario
I'm trying to do a MTL set up for my wife I have a nimbus with a bored out hole to 3mm I think and the coil is 13 wraps ohms out at 1.14 would this be a good set up for 6 mg juice we usually use 3 I know with a pen set you can use higher mg cuz the vaper production is lower then when you sub ohm or is that wrong and it wouldn't be a good choice cuz when we use 6mg on a sub ohm set up ( tank / RBAS)

Reactions: stols001

shatterman321

Nov 22, 2017
Ingersoll Ontario
1525138200246861934724963198017.jpg

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@shatterman321 It would all depend on how much you used to smoke and what not, usually when you sub ohm, one tends to use lower mg nic like 0-6 mg. As the ohms go higher, the mg of juice goes higher as it does not atomize it efficiently. I use 3 mg on .7 ohm or lower(DL) but, I use 24 mg on 1.5 ohm or higher(MTL). Hope this helps.

• Agree

ThermoNuker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Ascalon, Tyria
Ahh nimbus! One of my favorite dragon rda.

If I'm interpreting your pic correctly, I think it's same setup that I use to test my DIY juices (a nano coil just sitting on top of cotton paddy). Good flavor and cloud production actually, and easy to replace cotton for flavor change. I can only go up to 8mg NIC max with this setup. Anything above gives me a real harsh dose, I mean a real NIC throat hit, not the dry hit type. Depending on your wife's NIC tolerance, she can probably go up more...or less. The best way is to experiment. Start low at 3mg and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.

Off topic (sorry)... Can I recommend you iTEO's nano dragon coil build? Nimbus RDA is one of the best device for that kind of setup, especially for MTL at 3mg NIC.

Vapor production is so intense in that little chamber and can easily fills up a mouthful with an easy MTL draw. Coil builds are usually 1.0 to 1.5 ohms and ran at 3.7~4.2 volts (less stress to the battery for vapor/cloud they produced). Here's a build video by RT:

shatterman321

Nov 22, 2017
Ingersoll Ontario
TThnk you so much for the info and yea I have it set up as a micro coil wicked pretty much the same why you described it works well I think 6-12 is what I'm gonna try for my wife and do what you suggested and have her work her way up to be safe she really likes the hit she gets of it so I'm determined to get it working for her

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's great you are experimenting. You could start with lower nic if you want (I might bump it up a HAIR from what she's vaping now) and getting the right build is important, as well as the right nic strength. If you are up for a small bit of DIY, you could get a small nic sample (many vendors will sell a nic sample for the cost of shipping) you'd have the option of slowly bumping up the nic by increments until your wife is satisfied. Unless you DIY already, (I wasn't sure) in which case you might try giving her different strengths to try, during the course of a day. Some folks do great with low nic, period, although I'd imagine there would be some compensatory effect as far as inhaling less vapor. Maybe start at 9 mg/ml and work your way up? (If necessary).

Best of luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm trying to do a MTL set up for my wife I have a nimbus with a bored out hole to 3mm I think and the coil is 13 wraps ohms out at 1.14 would this be a good set up for 6 mg juice we usually use 3 I know with a pen set you can use higher mg cuz the vaper production is lower then when you sub ohm or is that wrong and it wouldn't be a good choice cuz when we use 6mg on a sub ohm set up ( tank / RBAS)
Glad to see your pointing her to RDA's, best flavor atty's available. Might consider a Magma with a deep well. I own three and set they are set for MTL/Single coil (~3.0/6.5w/32ga;4-6 turns;.11ID;Rayon and as much PG as you can stand). The vape is cool and I get 45 to 60 minutes between refills.
As to DIY questions, might post in :
DIY E-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread