MTL Temp control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
All my life I have been a wattage user, started with TC capable mods, used some factory coils there, then I did moved on to mechs and other mods, forgot about Temp control, so the deal here is that I got a new spool of fresh wire, mtl wire by coilology, is Stainless steel, since this wire is capable of temp control… I started having some ideas of trying temp control on my loved asmodus colossal + Ammit MTL RTA!

Any thoughts or advises are always welcome!

whatsapp-image-2019-03-01-at-10-56-16-am-jpeg.800811

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
P3ch3, you should be fine. Finding TCR may be a little trial and error as it can be between 88 to 92. Then max temperature of 250°C.

And if you have a wattage setting, this is like a preheat and is the initial wattage sent to the coil until it reaches temperature and throttles back. So the higher you set it, the warmer the vape. And lower, cooler.

• Agree
Reactions: P3ch3

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’ve found temp control works best on DNA boards, though it’s slowly getting better elsewhere. TC is nice if you can get it to work right. Less harmful emissions (though afaik it’s near zero to begin with) you’ll never get a dry hit because the mod will shut off before the coil burns so longer wick life and some reduced coil build up.

The problem is getting it to work right though. Every mods behavior on every coil is a bit different and frequently requires a certain and highly variable amount of fiddling about.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Agreed, it is why I gave up on TC.
It’s why I didn’t bother to explore it much till replay came out. Replay works well, but it’s only available on new DNA chips, and I found that on DNA mods you don’t really need replay to begin with.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
well, reading again comments just flashed me back the main reason why i stopped using it, guess also my little mod isn't that advanced such DNA boards... so,
forgot to bring vape tools so might be building tonight since al my RTA's arent tasting that well, im using nicsalt, so less than 1.0 ohm wont work, i have tried nicsalt on .85ohm coils and tastes like fire, total throat killer

Regards.,

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
TC really requires a mod with a good chip. I have a Paranormal and it is a dream vape. Then on the other hand both my GeekVape Aegis mods sound like a 2stroke weed eater running out of gas when in TC. My Proton is the only other mod that I even attempt to vape in TC. For MTL I like to run a SS316L 6/7wrap 28ga 2.5mm coil at 430-440F. Also found TC on my Topside is pretty spot on. Running either a Profile with SS mesh or a Krma with 24ga SS316L on it is working very nicely.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
P3ch3, I wonder if Nic Salts are different when used with TC?

As I use freebase with TC, so it's something I wouldn't really know. But it's something worth finding out.

I have used nic-salts for MTL in TC and found it works just fine. Got some Diner Lady 30mg in my Prarnormal/KF Lite right now. The only difference I have with either nic-salts or free base nic in TC is the nic level. 15mg free base hits me about the same as 30mg nic-salt.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
tdman77, ah so you're talking about the absorption rate. Yes, Nic Salts are renowned for that as they're quickly absorbed into the system.

Do you DTL or MTL Nic Salts?

And what mg/ml are you using? As may need to drop the level a little to get the Nic fix without the dizziness, as it's not much fun when the ground jumps up and hits you.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
And if you have a wattage setting, this is like a preheat and is the initial wattage sent to the coil until it reaches temperature and throttles back. So the higher you set it, the warmer the vape. And lower, cooler.

The higher the initial wattage the faster the coil reaches the selected temperature.
Warm/cool vapor has to do with temperature setting.(Max temperature set)

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
The higher the initial wattage the faster the coil reaches the selected temperature.
Warm/cool vapor has to do with temperature setting.(Max temperature set)

Therefore it can be perceived as warmer as the coil can reach temperature sooner without any ramp up, but I did also say power is throttled when desired temperature has been reached.

Reactions: P3ch3

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Therefore it can be perceived as warmer as the coil can reach temperature sooner without any ramp up, but I did also say power is throttled when desired temperature has been reached.
It does seem to have just a bit of ramp up. The second vape of a chain vape is tastier than the first. Maybe it’s just that there’s so much wire in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread