MTL Temp control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
i understand now why people says that is a bit stressing temp control, but pretty glad that i could get there, temp control brought older memories from vape times would not come back!

Regards,
One of the things I discovered when I started with tc was that I had been vaping at a much cooler temperature with watts than I thought. When I started with tc 180c seemed to be a bit warmer compared to what I was used to using wattage.
Another thing I have noticed is even though it feels like I'm vaping a bit warmer I seem to be using slightly less juice. Not much less, about .3ml a day less. I'm embarrassed to say it but yes, I keep record's and track stuff like that.

Reactions: Mordacai

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
One of the things I discovered when I started with tc was that I had been vaping at a much cooler temperature with watts than I thought. When I started with tc 180c seemed to be a bit warmer compared to what I was used to using wattage.
Another thing I have noticed is even though it feels like I'm vaping a bit warmer I seem to be using slightly less juice. Not much less, about .3ml a day less. I'm embarrassed to say it but yes, I keep record's and track stuff like that.
lol, temp control likes me that much cuz salt nic satisfies a lot better, feels smother and flavorful, with pods you wont get that flavor so im totally amazed, gotta try fruits to change experience since still having sweet flavor, another thing is that dry hits are avoided! TCR is a mode to try with mtl rta's! SS316 for the win!

Regards,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Just FYI, Daniel of DJLsB Vapes suggests TCR settings for the Asmodus Colossal at about 18 minutes into his review:

thanks a lot mate! spent some minutes on it, totally amazed by the reviewer comments about this fearless soldier, im pretty happy with it, performance and also battery life, is amazing, 15 W max, 375-450 F and battery and liquid last me more than a week, amazing indeed, thanks for the video!

Regards,

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
All my life I have been a wattage user, started with TC capable mods, used some factory coils there, then I did moved on to mechs and other mods, forgot about Temp control, so the deal here is that I got a new spool of fresh wire, mtl wire by coilology, is Stainless steel, since this wire is capable of temp control… I started having some ideas of trying temp control on my loved asmodus colossal + Ammit MTL RTA!

Any thoughts or advises are always welcome!

whatsapp-image-2019-03-01-at-10-56-16-am-jpeg.800811
temp control imo is gods gift to vapers it allows you to fine tune your heat for the juice u have...at different temps the flavour changes in complex juice allowing you to get the flavour you need,taste others that we're hidden plus the power savings to boot

thank you god :D

god just spoke to me and advised no fancy coils unless your running a DNA yihi etc chip as long as there not chunky and to keep the coils slightly spaced ;)
200w (47).gif

200w9M5BDKJ0.gif

Last edited:

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Been vaping for nearly 10 years. Started vaping TC about two years ago. It took some playing around and time but well worth it. The biggest problem I had was with lower end mods that are suppose to be able to do TC. When I got my first DNA chip mod it was like a EUREKA moment. "So this is how TC is really suppose to be." Once I learned what a TC vape is suppose to be like I was able to adjust/tinker with my other mods to get them to work right in TC mode. Only my DNA and SX chip mods do not require TCR adjustments. For example I own 2 Aegis mods a mini and a 100w, and both have to be set differently to get the same TC vape. ??? (GeekVape needs to get some TC vapers to program their chips.) But once TC is mastered it truly is a good vape. I even use TC when squonking.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
seek and you will find

There are good posts here and out the www wild about TC vaping. I only have 24G SS to start with and it's doing well with the half-ar-sed rofvape mod I have. That's too thick to even try and fit 8 to 10 wraps inside my one and only engine MTL tank. But anyways, TC isn't that bad or hard. Just like a noob vaper, you need to learn one or two tricks and correct gear to get the hang of it.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
thank you god :D

god just spoke to me and advised no fancy coils unless your running a DNA yihi etc chip as long as there not chunky and to keep the coils slightly spaced ;)
an advice that have changed our lives... lol

Been vaping for nearly 10 years. Started vaping TC about two years ago. It took some playing around and time but well worth it. The biggest problem I had was with lower end mods that are suppose to be able to do TC. When I got my first DNA chip mod it was like a EUREKA moment. "So this is how TC is really suppose to be." Once I learned what a TC vape is suppose to be like I was able to adjust/tinker with my other mods to get them to work right in TC mode. Only my DNA and SX chip mods do not require TCR adjustments. For example I own 2 Aegis mods a mini and a 100w, and both have to be set differently to get the same TC vape. ??? (GeekVape needs to get some TC vapers to program their chips.) But once TC is mastered it truly is a good vape. I even use TC when squonking.

i feel super disappointing when conversations comes to Geekvape's chips potential.... quality mods and excellent atomizer designs with terrible chips for TC...

dunno, i have lot of time away from squonkers... i still feel something gotta get wrong there and my hand blown away.. lol
wrong080411.jpg

P3ch3, have you tried the TFR mode?

I've heard that it can be better than TCR, but I have never used a mod with this ability yet.

The information can be sought from steam-engine.org, it uses 5 data points to estimate the temperature of the coil versus the 1 value that TCR uses.
well i like to investigate, overcome and research, maybe you just gave me a new task to accomplish, even when i dont have a superchip to try,

but ya know, TCR on this colossal has been awesome, liquid and battery consumption is amazing, a device that can take up to 1 week with zero maintenance, is awesome!

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I've heard reasonable things about Asmodus chipsets P3ch3, never had the pleasure of using one though.

I'm interested on how your experiment will go, please keep us updated.
i will, trust me, cuz after i change coils we will see how this thing goes, TCR is rocking! using everyday, like a cigarette,

i did watched the previous linked video on youtube since i dont have that much about this device, to see if TFR could be done too, if possible i guess i will be getting another colossal cuz im starting liking a bit more this device day by day!

Regards

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
The Asmodus Almighty looks interesting P3ch3, as a 21700 battery device. So for MTL at high ohms, it should last ages on a charge.
i rather high ohm and low power mtl, also i have plenty 18650 batteries, so i guess that ill stay on 18650 for a while, asmodus reborn is one finalist.. gotta investigate to see how it performs on TC, TCR

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
new data:
Mod: asmodus colossal 80W
Atomizer: Ammit RTA MTL
Coil: 1 x SS316L Coilology mtl wire (28/40)
Baterry: 18650 mxjo 3000mah
eliquid: VCT handcrafed saltz 30mg & Sadboy teardrops 28mg both Salt nic ones!

Settings:
TCR mode:
Preset one: 0.00088
time running: 1850 puffs (unique way so far to measure) like 1 month or so,

Comment:
Amazing flavor, not that foggy cloud, amazing troat hit, kicks hard, also might be affected by weather, colder climates makes vapor quantity dismiss a bit, but regular or hotter weather helps to get better hit and more vapor, battery life, amazing, this thing last over 8 days with a fully charge, and juice consumption, is amazing,

Comments are welcome!

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread