MTL Temp control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
P3ch3, I wonder if nic salts are different when used with TC?

As I use freebase with TC, so it's something I wouldn't really know. But it's something worth finding out.
they arent that different, the point is that using them in subohm might hurt throat, so thats why im using 1.5 ohm coils @11-15W like a pod, i did read some articles about and saw several users stating my same situation,

TC really requires a mod with a good chip. I have a Paranormal and it is a dream vape. Then on the other hand both my GeekVape Aegis mods sound like a 2stroke weed eater running out of gas when in TC. My Proton is the only other mod that I even attempt to vape in TC. For MTL I like to run a SS316L 6/7wrap 28ga 2.5mm coil at 430-440F. Also found TC on my Topside is pretty spot on. Running either a Profile with SS mesh or a Krma with 24ga SS316L on it is working very nicely.
i'll use that asmodus mod in the picture of OP, wonder if is a good chip for TC or just a mehhh one, will try tomorrow, i was supposed to build today on a free time lapse ill have this afternoon but i did brought everything except wires, forgot'em at home cuz i was in a hurry, gonna cleanup all my RTA's and build tomorrow!
I have used nic-salts for MTL in TC and found it works just fine. Got some Diner Lady 30mg in my Prarnormal/KF Lite right now. The only difference I have with either nic-salts or free base nic in TC is the nic level. 15mg free base hits me about the same as 30mg nic-salt.
about your coils for salt nic, what did you use? ohm, watts, could you share a bit?

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’ve found temp control works best on DNA boards, though it’s slowly getting better elsewhere. TC is nice if you can get it to work right. Less harmful emissions (though afaik it’s near zero to begin with) you’ll never get a dry hit because the mod will shut off before the coil burns so longer wick life and some reduced coil build up.

The problem is getting it to work right though. Every mods behavior on every coil is a bit different and frequently requires a certain and highly variable amount of fiddling about.

I trust your knowledge on this subject, but have you tried a Colossal? I’d like to know your thoughts on it if so.

It seems to work as well as my dna Paranormals, for me, and is a lot better than my Yihi mod ( sorry, I know there’s a lot of love for those but I cannot get a decent vape with mine. I hate it). The older AsMODus I agree do not do tc as well as dna, but the newer ones are pretty good, I think.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I trust your knowledge on this subject, but have you tried a Colossal? I’d like to know your thoughts on it if so.

It seems to work as well as my dna Paranormals, for me, and is a lot better than my Yihi mod ( sorry, I know there’s a lot of love for those but I cannot get a decent vape with mine. I hate it). The older AsMODus I agree do not do tc as well as dna, but the newer ones are pretty good, I think.
I have not. All I could offer was general info :/

Also, there are people here with greater knowledge on just about any given subject but me. I’m just annoyingly talkative

• Love
Reactions: DeloresRose

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
P3ch3, it's advised to use lower Nic levels for sub ohm vaping. Otherwise things get interesting, fast.
agree, but with lower coils low wattage isnt applied, tried nic salt with 0.85 ohm coil @ 18w and almost burnt my throat, then moved to 0.95 cuz i did a horrible coil, but decided to try, resutls were amazing near 14W, then installed vandy vape superfine mtl ni80 clapton, 1.3ohm, 11-13W and results are amazing, fully capable of vape and enjoy a bit warm but flavorfull puff, thats why im currently amazed by the nic salt and temp control, to see if i could take the most from the ammit and nic salt for flavor and nic satisfaction,

well, im not that lad and dunno how much ya trust me, but i have a deep feeling that this little colossal will handle tc decently enough, i did used a asmodus reborn with a paraoh mini RTa for TC and it worked totally amazing, using SS and ti, sadly ti is hard to find and hard to work with,

Regards,

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
i'll use that asmodus mod in the picture of OP, wonder if is a good chip for TC or just a mehhh one, will try tomorrow, i was supposed to build today on a free time lapse ill have this afternoon but i did brought everything except wires, forgot'em at home cuz i was in a hurry, gonna cleanup all my RTA's and build tomorrow!

about your coils for salt nic, what did you use? ohm, watts, could you share a bit?

Do you have TCR mode on that mod? Most devices are set to a general TCR for the selected material. So depending on the manufacture of the wire the TCR values are a little different. On my Proton a single SS 316L coil works well but with dual coils I need to adjust the TCR higher. If you are getting a weak muted vape or hot vape you will need to switch to TCR mode and dial the value up or down till you get the vape you are looking for.

I only use nic-salts in a MTL RTA. My normal coil is 7/8wrap SS316L 2.5mm spaced 0.8-0.9ohms at 13-16watts. In TC 440deg 18 watts. As long as you are doing MTL and not DTL nic-salts work fine.

Reactions: Mordacai

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Do you have TCR mode on that mod? Most devices are set to a general TCR for the selected material. So depending on the manufacture of the wire the TCR values are a little different. On my Proton a single SS 316L coil works well but with dual coils I need to adjust the TCR higher. If you are getting a weak muted vape or hot vape you will need to switch to TCR mode and dial the value up or down till you get the vape you are looking for.

I only use nic-salts in a MTL RTA. My normal coil is 7/8wrap SS316L 2.5mm spaced 0.8-0.9ohms at 13-16watts. In TC 440deg 18 watts. As long as you are doing MTL and not DTL nic-salts work fine.
aye little soldier have TCR, Temp and curve, i have too away from most modes, only wattage user, guess i gona take a watch to: user manual, some tech info realted to this device and how to set, im looking for a warm but flavorful vape on this mtl, have no idea were to start since forgot the SS wire and now is running a ni80 coils that isn't compatible at all with tempcontrol

Regards,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
@P3ch3 Yes Ni80 not TC friendly. Check this post for some TC info: The Ultimate TCR List
thanks mate, gotta take a read there... will be back...

P3ch3, you are able to enter the TCR manually.

If it's Nichrome 80, not too sure but TCR value would be as low as 11.
well, did a walkout on that mod menu, found several things, guess im able to change it fortunately there is TCR mode and temp control as well,, will see as soon as read the article in previous post!
Regards,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Amazing, well, wraped a SS316L coil, 3m id 6 wraps total, for .95ohms, decently wicked, added value inTCR settings, for SS316L i did used: 0.1991, working amazing, also set w to 15max, temp currently at 375F, amazing flavor, no dry hits so far and also nicsalt feels a bit soft compared to wattage and pods, start loving mtl temp control

Reactions: Mordacai

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
P3ch3, did you raise temperature to a max of 482°F or 250°C with TCR set at 88?
interesting, mod wasnt recognizing my tank, then did a software update, found i was running previous os or software version, got the latest one, when device got back tried another time, TCR, SS316, then put device again to max temp, set m3 preset to 0.00088, left device steady at desk, gone to a soccer match with friends, and now is working flawless, interesting cuz as stated before, i did tried several settings and found only working 0.01991 for vape, actually now in TCR, SS and al values the device recognizes 1.06oh coil, working amazing, no dry hits and no mode switch when operating, that was another issue this dude was showing yesterday, after some hard hits device switches itself to watts, then to TCR back,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Ah well, these things happen. I'm still waiting for an updated firmware for Vaporesso Luxe, as there's a few bugs that need sorting. Like when I'm asked if a new coil has been installed and select no, it still changes the resistance.
i cant believe this TCR experience with SS, flavor and throat hit are amazing, salt nic in temp control means epic win!, feels smooth with an amazing nic discharge on your body, rush is instantaneous, but smoooooth!

Regards,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Aye P3ch3, the joys of temp control. No burning throat hit, plenty of vapour and lots of flavour.
i understand now why people says that is a bit stressing temp control, but pretty glad that i could get there, temp control brought older memories from vape times would not come back!

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread