MTL'ER needs better coils...Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I started vaping in 2011. I searched for good juice and found only 2. Now I come back and find 3 great juices in a week and guess what? I cannot vape them because they are like 80/20 vg/pg.

I do not sub ohm or build and I do not drip. So, where are my coils to mouth to lung this great juice. They do not give you a choice to get a thinner liquid so I am stuck. My question is then...where are the coils to vape high vg. The aspire coils are a joke with the nautilus. I am lucky if I can get a good vape for a half a day.

Does anyone know where there are coils for a MTL'ER to get a good vape. It appears the industry has left us behind with the crap that we have to use. HELP!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Try adding 3 or four drops of distilled water in a tank and shake it up good, it will help to thin the liquid and wick better. If this helps you can thin larger amounts by adding 3-5 % distilled water.

So for 10 mls, you might try .3 ml of distilled H2O to add 3%, a 1 ml syringe would be necessary to measure accurately. Good luck.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I started vaping in 2011. I searched for good juice and found only 2. Now I come back and find 3 great juices in a week and guess what? I cannot vape them because they are like 80/20 vg/pg.

I do not sub ohm or build and I do not drip. So, where are my coils to mouth to lung this great juice. They do not give you a choice to get a thinner liquid so I am stuck. My question is then...where are the coils to vape high vg. The aspire coils are a joke with the nautilus. I am lucky if I can get a good vape for a half a day.

Does anyone know where there are coils for a MTL'ER to get a good vape. It appears the industry has left us behind with the crap that we have to use. HELP!

What topper? I can use Max VG (70-80vg) on Nauti coils without much problem.

Sorry - I misread your post. Are you using the newer coils (slightly larger wicking holes - they've been out for a couple years now) You might try the Triton Mini clapton coils (1.8ohm)

I still sport PT2s, but I rebuild my own coils. 1.5-ish ohms, wicked with cotton. No troubles with those, either.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
What topper? I can use Max VG (70-80vg) on Nauti coils without much problem.

Sorry - I misread your post. Are you using the newer coils (slightly larger wicking holes - they've been out for a couple years now) You might try the Triton Mini clapton coils (1.8ohm)

I still sport PT2s, but I rebuild my own coils. 1.5-ish ohms, wicked with cotton. No troubles with those, either.
I do not know how you are doing it but I cannot get more than a day of quality vaping. I used the triton mini and thought they were much worse. I vape the 1.8 ohm nautilus coils with a provari mini and I am not getting a good vape. Maybe your juice is not as thick as mine. I am using MOHAWK vapor's e-liquid. Specifically, the sinful strawberry. Great juice and I cannot enjoy it.

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I do not know how you are doing it but I cannot get more than a day of quality vaping. I used the triton mini and thought they were much worse. I vape the 1.8 ohm nautilus coils with a provari mini and I am not getting a good vape. Maybe your juice is not as thick as mine. I am using MOHAWK vapor's e-liquid. Specifically, the sinful strawberry. Great juice and I cannot enjoy it.

Sadly, I think you might be SOL with the strawberry juice. Most strawberry juices I've vaped are coil gunkers :(

I've gone to some rebuildable-atomizers, or at least tanks (eGo ONE) that have rebuildable heads....

I'll keep thinking....mebbe I'll hit on a good idea for you!

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
Sadly, I think you might be SOL with the strawberry juice. Most strawberry juices I've vaped are coil gunkers :(

I've gone to some rebuildable-atomizers, or at least tanks (eGo ONE) that have rebuildable heads....

I'll keep thinking....mebbe I'll hit on a good idea for you!
Thank you.

Reactions: DingerCPA

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I've used Nautilus tanks with %100VG juice - as long as you don't chain vape them they will work. Then again that was with CLEAR UNFLAVORED juice.

I don't think that there is a clearomizer user alive that does not feel your pain. Be it the cost or the size the itty bitty replaceable atomizers go out to lunch fairly quickly when ether darker or sweet juices are used with them.

I got so frustrated with Aspire coils only 2-3 months into vaping I was ready to ether pack it in and go back to smoking or on a lark I bought 3 different RTA's and Temperature Controlled mod to drive them. (along with wire and wick)

The RTA's saved my vaping. No longer was I buying atomizers that might last 1/2 to 1-3 days at the most.

I'm currently vaping on the Lemo2 I bought back then. It has paid for itself over and over.:thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread