Muted flavor in zephyrus RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
I've had the zephyrus for a few months now and have never had this issue once I got the wicking correct....

Recently I started doing twisted kanthal builds in it and the flavor was amazing....

The other night I was in a rush threw a new coil on did a 26g 6 wrap at 2.5mm about .4 ohm and the flavor seems muted now

Is it just me and the twisted builds are that much better or am I crazy and doing something incorrect?
I thoroughly clean my tank once or twice a week (OCD) I know for a fact there isn't anything wrong with my wick I can run this thing at 45w chain vaping and get no dry hits (just wanted to clarify that)

Input please, all is welcome

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
Twisted coils do have the potential for better flavor. What are the details on those? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is possibly different coil placement. I use pretty standard builds in each of my Zephyruses (almost identical to what you did), and I don't have any problems with flavor. On my Goliaths, though, I have to raise twisted builds pretty high off the deck. I assume you're using the same juice.

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Twisted coils do have the potential for better flavor. What are the details on those? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is possibly different coil placement. I use pretty standard builds in each of my Zephyruses (almost identical to what you did), and I don't have any problems with flavor. On my Goliaths, though, I have to raise twisted builds pretty high off the deck. I assume you're using the same juice.
With the twisted builds is typically do a 2.5mm 5 wrap on either 26g or 28g and both gave me good flavor. I'm using all mech sauce juice currently that has all steeped for about 3 weeks and I'm thinking that maybe the juice lost flavor while steeping.... Who knows.... I'm so OCD about it that I've taken it apart 5'times in the past 12 hours and adjusted coil placement higher/lower/closer and so on and so fourth.... Can't win

Reactions: Seesull
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread