Muted flavor on all my clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sd13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
NJ
I can only taste either a dry burnt or plasticy flavor on all my clearos especially kanger EVOD and MT3. No burnt taste on my mini vivi nova or CE5 style stardusts, but no taste either. So much so, that i cannot even distinguish between opposing flavors. It is really frustrating because when i got my first clearos (mini vivi and stardust), i was getting superior taste to my original ego-c attie/tank setup. The only setup now that is giving me flavor is the ego-c atties/tanks. Have my taste buds developed a "resistance" to the flavors that are outputted from my clearos? (ive maintained, cleaned, changed heads etc., tried various different PG/VG ratios, but still no flavor)

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
If it was vapors tongue, i don't think i would be able to taste on the ego-c atties either. I have been cleaning everything thoroughly.

Sorry if you meant this by cleaning, but have you opened up any of the heads and looked at your flavor wicks/coils to see how funky they are?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Yeah missed that in the OP, tough one, if it wasnt for the fact you could still taste things on the ego-c, your story literally mirrors this current thread:

Yesterday I woke up and started vaping with my morning coffee. A few minutes later I thought I need a new coil for my protank, so I replaced it with a new one. Omg no flavor/ burnt flavor. Another coil for the protank. Same. It must be the tank. Evod. More coils, same result. Maybe I need a carto? Same. Gotta be the juice. 3 Juices later. Same. Battery? VV, regulated, unregulated. Same. My mind? I must have blown my mind. New mind. Same.

Freaking out all day. Cursed by the Vaping Gods!

Took a break for 3 hours, came back and everything tasted beautiful...

I have been vaping for well over 5 years, but have never had "vaper's tongue" before. Be warned, and take your psych meds.

:)

Sd13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
NJ
Yeah missed that in the OP, tough one, if it wasnt for the fact you could still taste things on the ego-c, your story literally mirrors this current thread:

The really odd thing about what i am experiencing is that i can taste things on the ego-c tank system and even more so when i am dripping. Getting a more flavorful hit from dripping is understandable, but also being able to taste the flavor on the tank system from which i never got flavor that surpassed clearos in the past, is really strange.

Sd13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
NJ
How long has it been since you quit smoking? Maybe your tastes are still re-adjusting? FWIW, I think CE4 gives more flavor than an evod or carto. My Nano has the most muted flavor - good for strong juices.

About 4-5 months since i quit smoking. Haven't touched a cig since. My dual coil CE5 style is giving me the only hint of flavor among clearos, but the throat hit is too harsh. I really do not want to go back to the old school style attie tank setup.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I have this same problem with clearos, and I don't think it's my tongue or dehydration or other factors, except for the fact that clearos DO mute flavors. Practically with every clearo I've tried, which is why I still drip when I'm at home and only use clearos for when I'm on the go. The Kanger T3's gave "okay" flavor before they started leaking and messing up, and so far the iClear 16's are the only ones I really use for the time being. Still searching for something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread