The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Muted flavor on all my clearomizers

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Sd13, Jul 31, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sd13

Sd13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    I can only taste either a dry burnt or plasticy flavor on all my clearos especially kanger EVOD and MT3. No burnt taste on my mini vivi nova or CE5 style stardusts, but no taste either. So much so, that i cannot even distinguish between opposing flavors. It is really frustrating because when i got my first clearos (mini vivi and stardust), i was getting superior taste to my original ego-c attie/tank setup. The only setup now that is giving me flavor is the ego-c atties/tanks. Have my taste buds developed a "resistance" to the flavors that are outputted from my clearos? (ive maintained, cleaned, changed heads etc., tried various different PG/VG ratios, but still no flavor)

2. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2013
    Toronto
    Could be Vapers tongue?

Also u might want to give your devices a real good cleaning.

Make sure your drinking lots of water.

3. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    If it was vapors tongue, i don't think i would be able to taste on the ego-c atties either. I have been cleaning everything thoroughly.

4. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sorry if you meant this by cleaning, but have you opened up any of the heads and looked at your flavor wicks/coils to see how funky they are?

5. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    I am using brand new heads on everything.

6. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yeah missed that in the OP, tough one, if it wasnt for the fact you could still taste things on the ego-c, your story literally mirrors this current thread:

7. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    The really odd thing about what i am experiencing is that i can taste things on the ego-c tank system and even more so when i am dripping. Getting a more flavorful hit from dripping is understandable, but also being able to taste the flavor on the tank system from which i never got flavor that surpassed clearos in the past, is really strange.

8. Zipslack

Zipslack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    How long has it been since you quit smoking? Maybe your tastes are still re-adjusting? FWIW, I think CE4 gives more flavor than an evod or carto. My Nano has the most muted flavor - good for strong juices.

9. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    About 4-5 months since i quit smoking. Haven't touched a cig since. My dual coil CE5 style is giving me the only hint of flavor among clearos, but the throat hit is too harsh. I really do not want to go back to the old school style attie tank setup.

10. Kyi

Kyi Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    I have this same problem with clearos, and I don't think it's my tongue or dehydration or other factors, except for the fact that clearos DO mute flavors. Practically with every clearo I've tried, which is why I still drip when I'm at home and only use clearos for when I'm on the go. The Kanger T3's gave "okay" flavor before they started leaking and messing up, and so far the iClear 16's are the only ones I really use for the time being. Still searching for something better.

11. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    UPDATE: I got the flavor back (while getting rid of the horrible metallic/plastic machine old taste) by removing the top wick (flavor wick) on my EVOD. So far very happy but i am not holding my breath because this workaround is known to cause leaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.