MVP 2.0 Problems :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDays93

ECF Veteran
Me again!

So, I just got my MVP 2.0 a couple of days ago. It WAS working fine, I love it. iClear 16's vaped amazingly and the Kanger T3 did too (with the threading adapter). Unfortunately, neither work without the adapter now. I don't know what the problem is, could there be a short somewhere?

Both tanks screw on properly but won't fire. After fitting the adapter and the collar, they work again?

Also, Kanger T3's are giving me a horrible burnt taste and scorching my throat after a few puffs from them. Any ideas why? coils have already been replaced.

Anyone have ANY ideas about how to fix these issues or is it a case of sending it back and waiting for another one?

Cheers all,

James

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
pull contact pin out on MVP just a little. Its fine!
When installing tank on MVP , do not tighten hard. Only twist until you feel it touches. Never tighten and all will be fine. These are the issue with all floating pin design and it exits in plenty of devices such as EGO, VV/VW mods, Mech's and such....

As your t3's problem, you are not getting enough wicking or you are vaping too long/often without letting the ejuice wick.

try doing a dry vap (suck without pushing on a button), if that resolve your burn taste problem, than you can remove some of the flavor wicks from the coil. search "removing flavor wick on protank, evod and they are the same.
Good luck and cheers

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Hi Choc_Addic,

Thanks for you response.

How do I pull the pin out? Is there a video or pictures I can look at?

First pull down the pin on your clearos a teeny bit and if that doesnt work - then pry up the contact in the MVP2. Be very delicate and gentle when doing this! If you put your tanks on without wrenching them down the problem will cease. :)

Directions to do both with pics E-Cigarette Forum - CreepyLady - Blogs

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Bump.

Anyone know if the pins will be pushed back in if I'm swapping tanks regularly?

James

When installing tank on MVP , do not tighten hard. Only twist until you feel it touches. Never tighten and all will be fine. These are the issue with all floating pin design and it exits in plenty of devices such as EGO, VV/VW mods, Mech's and such....

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Using watts, between 7 and 8.5 (pretty standard as far as I know)

James

I don't know anything about the kanger t3s, but I vape closer to between 6 and 7 watts for most of my liquids. Standard doesn't necessarily mean right for everyone. Could be something wrong with the t3s, but maybe try a lower watt setting to see if you can get the right vape.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm screwing it down until it touches the pin, won't that budge the pin down just a tad?

If you tighten just right and always use the same tank on the same PV your pins probably wont move much. If you switch tanks between PVs and one has a higher battery pin than the other, or over tighten, then yes the pins might need to be adjusted again.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I was using a protank 2 and when twisting off the tank the burner in the head would loosen and I would get the non fire issue. I would try tightening up the burner in the head. Burnt taste. I have that problem with the Iclear30B. Can't get it to taste very good but my Iclear30 is my favorite head of all three. Used to love capaccino to vape but it is the most discussing thing on planet earth out of the Iclear30B. Good luck to you.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Thank you, I'll give these a go when I get home!

In regards to out and about vaping, how tight will these pins be if I've pulled them out a little bit? I mean, could I put the device in my pocket and wander around with it? Tanks attached or not.

James

You just want to pull the pins up ever so slightly, nothing major or you will have a problem. If you do it correctly you should be fine out and about.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My MVP has to have the center pin adjusted higher a couple of times a week, but I'm changing tanks several times a week. This seems to be a common issue with the MVP, as I've seen multiple threads about it. One poster suggested adding an o-ring around the center pin, but I don't recall the specifics or the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread