MXJO IMR 2500mAh 20A Cont 35A Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
I have a couple sets of them I got from a local B&M that I frequent, I've been using for a little over a month they are 20A continuous and most likely re-badged LG HE2 batteries, doesn't really matter I only gave $25 for 2 sets, so I suppose $6.25 per battery ain't bad
I use them in regulated mods and they seem to be holding up quite well, at least as good as my vtc4's.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
So i Picked up 3 of these to replace a few fake vtc5's I got (3 of 8) and ended up putting them fresh into the God Box that I just got. I've been using the god box for 5 days now, with the same batteries in them, typically around 20-30 watts on a .43 resistance dual coil. The battery indicator is at half charge after 5 days. Now, I have nothing to compare it to since I just got the box, but it seems to me I could go a week to 10 days on these cells of continuous use on a single charge. So, I don't really care if they are rewraps, lol. The vendor did some side by side tests against vtc5 and got great results. My results are looking pretty good too. I don't find them to be that expensive. If anyone can prove they are rewraps, I mean, open one up and show me the old wrapping kind of proof, and it would save me money to buy whatever is under them, I'd love to admit defeat.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So i Picked up 3 of these to replace a few fake vtc5's I got (3 of 8) and ended up putting them fresh into the God Box that I just got. I've been using the god box for 5 days now, with the same batteries in them, typically around 20-30 watts on a .43 resistance dual coil. The battery indicator is at half charge after 5 days. Now, I have nothing to compare it to since I just got the box, but it seems to me I could go a week to 10 days on these cells of continuous use on a single charge. So, I don't really care if they are rewraps, lol. The vendor did some side by side tests against vtc5 and got great results. My results are looking pretty good too. I don't find them to be that expensive. If anyone can prove they are rewraps, I mean, open one up and show me the old wrapping kind of proof, and it would save me money to buy whatever is under them, I'd love to admit defeat.

Vaping three batteries at 30 watts draws less than 4 amps from them. You could be using pretty much any battery in there and be fine. At 180 watts you'll be drawing a bit over 22 amps.

I think you are happy with the length of time you can vape these between charges. At your low amp draw that is much more a factor of mAh rating. This will change a bit at higher draw.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Vaping three batteries at 30 watts draws less than 4 amps from them. You could be using pretty much any battery in there and be fine. At 180 watts you'll be drawing a bit over 22 amps.

I think you are happy with the length of time you can vape these between charges. At your low amp draw that is much more a factor of mAh rating. This will change a bit at higher draw.
True. I can't bring myself to go past 30. Its my first and only box Mod. I wanted one for my collection, in my fave color with that wolf so i figured for the price (got an even better price) I would go big or go home.

Sent from a cool but overpriced phone on TapaCrack at yo mama's house.

CaptainTripps107

Jul 16, 2014
Mass
Ask and you shall receive. For a stateside distributor I would go with 18650 LG 18650HE2 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top this will be the fastest way for the best price for someone in the US, but not the cheapest.

For the cheapest price the place to look is Fasttech, https://www.fasttech.com/products/1659701 but you're going to wait a while because shipping batteries is very slow from them, it's not uncommon for a 2 month wait if you're using registered surface mail via Hong Kong post, which is the only outlet they have to ship batteries from currently. Either way, they're $12.27 for a PAIR of them with free shipping, I ordered from them because I have enough batteries to last me a long time and didn't need them ASAP.

I would rater see a link showing how these are rewrapped LG's , see soooo many people saying they are LG cells but no one can back it up. always I saw it here or there but when someone says got a link , the post goes cold .

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I would rater see a link showing how these are rewrapped LG's , see soooo many people saying they are LG cells but no one can back it up. always I saw it here or there but when someone says got a link , the post goes cold .
Nobody can back up the fact that they aren't LG cells either though, the problem is that creating a battery cell seemingly overnight is pretty much impossible and MXJO just popped up out of nowhere on the scene, meaning that it is highly likely that they have not engineered their own battery cell and are instead re-wrapping an LG HE2. You would think that somewhere on their website MXJO would have the spec sheet or something to identify their battery cell and the true capacity but there is nothing for specs on their website other than a simple description with each battery cell.

Put quite simply, any manufacturer that is selling 18350, 18500, 18650 and 26650 batteries under a new name that pops up overnight is likely not selling a product that they themselves have produced, plain and simple.

The specs identically match the LG HE2 cell, so until someone comes along and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not an LG HE2 I will continue to believe it is.

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
Sure that makes sense. But at the end of the day it is like we are trying to convince someone to do something "our way." I like the effing batteries. They are cheaper than Sony's. They perform the same (by use). There's no proof either way if or if not they are LG. MY personal choice is to buy them! All this over $3 per battery seems to be the argument. "But wait! LG is cheaper!" Good lord so what! Have you SEEN my gear collection? No? Then shut the Hell up. Ill spend my $ where I damn well please. I research everything I purchase and once I've heard something multiple times, seen pics and proof, then yeah, I will make an informed decision. This just isn't one of those times. Yet....lol.

P.s. spec sheets are only as good as the battery that you're testing. I.e. sometimes batteries are DOA or whatever. So what do you do then, call it counterfeit?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sure that makes sense. But at the end of the day it is like we are trying to convince someone to do something "our way." I like the effing batteries. They are cheaper than Sony's. They perform the same (by use). There's no proof either way if or if not they are LG. MY personal choice is to buy them! All this over $3 per battery seems to be the argument. "But wait! LG is cheaper!" Good lord so what! Have you SEEN my gear collection? No? Then shut the Hell up. Ill spend my $ where I damn well please. I research everything I purchase and once I've heard something multiple times, seen pics and proof, then yeah, I will make an informed decision. This just isn't one of those times. Yet....lol.

P.s. spec sheets are only as good as the battery that you're testing. I.e. sometimes batteries are DOA or whatever. So what do you do then, call it counterfeit?

dykealiscious, no one has told anyone what to buy or what to do. We discuss and share information to the best of our ability which is just about all anyone can do.

Batteries do not all perform the same which is why some of us feel the need to point out that if you buy unknown batteries, well, you've got unknown batts. That's OK for some people but not for most once they understand. It can also be dangerous which is a big part of why we talk about it.

But everyone is perfectly free to buy whatever they want and to take part in whatever threads they want. Vape on :vapor:

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
dykealiscious, no one has told anyone what to buy or what to do. We discuss and share information to the best of our ability which is just about all anyone can do.

Batteries do not all perform the same which is why some of us feel the need to point out that if you buy unknown batteries, well, you've got unknown batts. That's OK for some people but not for most once they understand. It can also be dangerous which is a big part of why we talk about it.

But everyone is perfectly free to buy whatever they want and to take part in whatever threads they want. Vape on :vapor:
Ummmm note the lol and winky face. Read that with humor or sarcasm. However I wil say I ran across a HUGE post the other day by person literally slamming people for buying clones etc. Very elitist do's and don'ts post that included batteries. Some good advice in there for newbs but utterly offensive to the most of us who carefully take the time to maximize safety and enjoyment of Vaping. Point is, barring this conversation there are people who think their way is the only way. That was an argument I was making. Not directed at anyone in particular.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ummmm note the lol and winky face. Read that with humor or sarcasm. However I wil say I ran across a HUGE post the other day by person literally slamming people for buying clones etc. Very elitist do's and don'ts post that included batteries. Some good advice in there for newbs but utterly offensive to the most of us who carefully take the time to maximize safety and enjoyment of Vaping. Point is, barring this conversation there are people who think their way is the only way. That was an argument I was making. Not directed at anyone in particular.

I hear ya and I suspect I know which post you're talking about. If I got the right one, it was pretty bad. IMO the author lost a lot of credibility there which will take a while to get back if that ever happens.

It can be hard to communicate humor or sarcasm unless it's made quite clear, or the person's style is known by the readers. I assumed you were talking about this thread and the conversation that had gone down here.

Have a good one :)

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
I hear ya and I suspect I know which post you're talking about. If I got the right one, it was pretty bad. IMO the author lost a lot of credibility there which will take a while to get back if that ever happens.

It can be hard to communicate humor or sarcasm unless it's made quite clear, or the person's style is known by the readers. I assumed you were talking about this thread and the conversation that had gone down here.

Have a good one :)
Ah. Yeah I'm know but only in certain threads. Cheers!

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
so where is this proof and link? I work in a vape shop that sells and uses these daily, my build is at .09 ohms and no that is not a typo and I dont need a speech on how dangerous it is, I have successfully taken these down to .07 without venting but do not feeling like pushing them anymore than that for safetys sake. I use my .09 ohm build alll day everyday with these mentioned mxjo 35 amp, my prurple efest 35 amp and my dying vtc5's and I am so sick of hearing these batteries are not safe and not capable of the amp limit I push on them everyday, so please provide pics and a link

dykealiscious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle
so where is this proof and link? I work in a vape shop that sells and uses these daily, my build is at .09 ohms and no that is not a typo and I dont need a speech on how dangerous it is, I have successfully taken these down to .07 without venting but do not feeling like pushing them anymore than that for safetys sake. I use my .09 ohm build alll day everyday with these mentioned mxjo 35 amp, my prurple efest 35 amp and my dying vtc5's and I am so sick of hearing these batteries are not safe and not capable of the amp limit I push on them everyday, so please provide pics and a link
You are what we need. Proof by experience. I will never feel safe going that low but also have no need to. I'm so glad someone has some really good experiential proof that these work at low resistance. I love mine.

bgohard1

Jun 22, 2014
DC
I've gone as low as .05 on these in practice for a cloud comp and they didn't get hot after 2 hits, my vamped do(those suck). I run these at 0.10 - 0.14 all day. I practiced with two of these in a dual battery box at .03.. They didn't get warm. I always hear people speak without experience on here. I've never had a battery vent on me, and at my vape store which is huge on cloud chasing, we have only had a battery vent once. A button got stuck on a stingray at a .27 build and the vamped inside popped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeyLo

May 9, 2013
Virginia
I bought these a week ago from 101vape.com . I tried to post a review there giving it 2 out of 5 stars, but it never got posted. So here it is:

I have the LG 18650s and the Sony VTC3 (1600Mah). My everyday beater set up is the Aqua rebuildable tank and a mech. I've used this setup for over 9 months now, and I usually build 0.6ohms to 0.69ohms. With all things equal on the same build, the LGs will last the whole tank until it hits 3.7ish volts. The Sonys will last about 1/4 to 1/5th of the tank left until 3.7v. These MXJO's last half a tank and its at 3.7v. So 2500Mah?! The ones I got definitely aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread