My 401 is a strobe light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Would any of you guys know the decibel tolerance of m401 auto batteries? Clubs and bars are noisy alright, but what about in a room with a home theater setup? I'm thinking of vaping while watching DVDs at home; would that be loud enough for the batt to go off?

Sorry can't physically test it, I've yet to receive my m401, my very first e-cig. :D
Depends how loud you make it, but it should be ok. You also have the option of buying a few 401 manual batteries.

Last edited:

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Bass is very penetrating as i'm sure you know so no case is likely to solve this issue. You might have to switch to an eCig type that has a manual on/off switch. I'm a newbie so as i write this i forget which model that is but the answer is for sure in one of the threads somewhere on this site. Good luck
M401s are now available with manual batteries from TrueSmoker & EastMall among others

It's not the 401 per se. Most 401's have the common vacuum switch, which activates the battery when it senses vacuum draw. (Sucking)

The EVO's have a sound sensor (microphone) which activates the battery when it hears the air rush by when sucking. Any fairly loud sound will activate the battery..
It has absolutely nothing to so with sound (but then neither does a microphone) they are activated by the vibrations caused by airflow over a diaphragm which causes contacts to come together & create a circuit (exactly the same principle as a microphone) neither device "hears" anything.
i'm having the same problem with mine in the car, i pretty much cant cape in the car because the battery keeps hitting the shutoff phase. are the 402 or 403 batteries any different?
No, but the manual M401s are.

The only solution to overcome this problem is a 510 (aka Joey, Titan, Janty Dura and what so ever) with the manual battery.
No it's not. Just keep your 401 kit & buy some manual batteries.

I got a 5 pack from EastMall for $54 USD

ePuffDaddy

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Philippines
Hi USinchains, it's not so much the noise that triggers the battery to go off. Apart from soundproofing your case, you should also look out for movement and vibration that your case might be subjected to. Try this little experiment: hold your battery and shake it like you're shaking a thermometer, you'll notice the LED turning on. It's those kinds of "turbulence" that you should watch out for.

Or just do the least damaging thing: always keep your atty detached from your batt when not in use. That way you avoid inadvertently burning the atty.

HTH :)

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Or just do the least damaging thing: always keep your atty detached from your batt when not in use. That way you avoid inadvertently burning the atty.
Thanks for the reply :)

That's what first crossed my mind but wasn't sure it's doable. Makes perfect sense to me, I am the type that disconnects my dewalt battery before it goes in it's case, so that sounds like the best plan. :thumb:

I ordered a manual battery as well, so if worse comes to worse...

For now I am smoking wayyy too many analogs waiting for the mailman! 8-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread