My 901 does not calculate correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Decided to try a 901 mostly because they fit my KR808 batts and box mods I already have. Put my first 901 atomizer on a regulated 5 volt box mod I made, juiced it up, and got the surprise of my life. Way too harsh and tasted burnt!! Okay, so dug out a 3.7 volt box mod I made. Zoowie... where have you been flavor and billowous clouds of vapor. I suck on it some more... nothing but flavor and tons of vapor.

Now I'm thinking wait a durn minute so screwed the 901 back onto the 5 volt box mod again. Yep, still harsh and burnt tasting. Dug out a KR808 battery... great flavor and lots of vapor again. Been 2 days now between the 3.7 volt box mod and KR808 batteries and am really liking this 901. Great flavor, vapor, and doesn't get near as hot as my cartomizers. The 901 is a juice hog but I'm digging it. But wait a minute... something is amiss...

According to people here on ECF the "sweet spot" is 5 volts and/or 8-10 watts. I measured the resistance of the 901 atomizer and got 3.6 ohms which I believe is about right. But calculating wattage it is only 3.8 watts. Am I calculating this wrong or missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread