My Adept Innokin Zlide device no longer holds a charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
I tried to charge it with two different micros USB wires and it no longer charges. So I guess I'll have to buy a new device to pair with the tank. Or maybe I should buy an entirely new set up. I suppose I could order another Adept Zlide, but does anyone know of a different mod device that is smaller than the Adept, fits the Zlide and has a decent battery? The Innokin Adept Slide is a bit too big for me. Any other starter kit recommendations would be great too. I'm not knowledgeable about vaping but I know I like it more than smoking.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Just a note on terminology - your tank is a Zlide, your mod (the part with the battery that isn't working) is the Adept.

The good news is that there's no need for a full new setup. Your tank should work with most mods (except pod mods).

If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions, we'll be able to make better recommendations:
  • Do you want to stick to internal battery devices, or would you like to try something with a removeable battery? Internal battery devices, like your Adept, can be a bit simpler - just plug in to charge. The problem, as you've discovered, is that when the battery or the micro connector goes, the whole device is toast. With a removable battery device it's generally recommended you take out the battery and charge it in an external charger, but you don't need the connector for that (it's often a weak point) and when the battery goes you can just replace it.
  • What wattage do you normally vape at?
  • Do you have a budget in mind?
  • Since you're looking for a smaller mod, it's worth noting that smaller mods tend to have smaller batteries. The smaller the mod the more often you have to charge. Is size or battery capacity more important to you?

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Many questions... did you just try this or have you used it for awhile? What charger are you using (kit comes with a USB cord but you use your own USB charger... have you tried other chargers or used the one you have on other devices?) are you trying to charge it from a computer or other device? Have you used other vaping devices before? Not sure, but I always turn the device off when charging (not sure if that matters) Please give more details (avoids the "twenty questions" game) Anyway, maybe this video will help:

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
  • Do you want to stick to internal battery devices, or would you like to try something with a removeable battery?
Internal.
  • What wattage do you normally vape at?
Around 11 watts.
  • Do you have a budget in mind?
Not in particular. Nothing outrageous.
  • Since you're looking for a smaller mod, it's worth noting that smaller mods tend to have smaller batteries. The smaller the mod the more often you have to charge. Is size or battery capacity more important to you?
I guess a balance of the two. Thank you for your message.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
Many questions... did you just try this or have you used it for awhile?
3 months.

What charger are you using (kit comes with a USB cord but you use your own USB charger... have you tried other chargers or used the one you have on other devices?) are you trying to charge it from a computer or other device?

I'm charging it through a wall adapter using my own cord.

Have you used other vaping devices before?
Yes, a few. Not one has lasted more than a few months.

Not sure, but I always turn the device off when charging (not sure if that matters) Please give more details (avoids the "twenty questions" game) Anyway, maybe this video will help:

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I tried to charge it with two different micros USB wires and it no longer charges. So I guess I'll have to buy a new device to pair with the tank. Or maybe I should buy an entirely new set up. I suppose I could order another Adept Zlide, but does anyone know of a different mod device that is smaller than the Adept, fits the Zlide and has a decent battery? The Innokin Adept Slide is a bit too big for me. Any other starter kit recommendations would be great too. I'm not knowledgeable about vaping but I know I like it more than smoking.
Sorry to hear that, but it's a piece of crap anyway, the mod, & the tank aren't what it's worth at purchase or a penny ....
I've had no-luck at all with the tank, it's leaks, leaks, leaks out of the air-holes....
I have yet to get 2 puffs out of any of the coils because of the tank, so I dunno really if the coils are worth a crap either never really got to try em....
& The mod isn't that grrrr8 either or what I expected !!!
So ur really better off getting a decent device of some other kind !!
Jus' Sayin' & My opinion of the darn-device !!

• Optimistic

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
Sorry to hear that, but it's a piece of crap anyway, the mod, & the tank aren't what it's worth at purchase or a penny ....
I've had no-luck at all with the tank, it's leaks, leaks, leaks out of the air-holes....
I have yet to get 2 puffs out of any of the coils because of the tank, so I dunno really if the coils are worth a crap either never really got to try em....
& The mod isn't that grrrr8 either or what I expected !!!
So ur really better off getting a decent device of some other kind !!
Jus' Sayin' & My opinion of the darn-device !!
What do you think at the Vaporesso mini 2?

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
What do you think of the Dovpo Mvv 2? A dual 18650 variable voltage mod. No extra bells and whistles, no screen to draw on the batteries. Or how about a shiny new voopoo drag2?
Thanks for the suggestions. I need something to stealth vape because I'm always vaping. Are those two mods you mentioned MTL? It's important I get a MTL vape because the ones that go straight to my throat hurt my voice.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Coolfire z 50 it's a very nice looking mod and it's small like u said u wanted...
The batter is not like adepts but it was lastiing me through the day for like 500puffs according to puff counter with 0.8coils at 16watts...maybe u have already seen it but just saying...it used to be a kit with zlide Soo it matches great..

Any other mod with adjustable wattage will be great in my opinion....if u choose something else ifs better u go for one with a removable battery...
I don't know your budget but someone would say u get a kroma r mod that it's also innokin and matches your zlide very good also :p
Honestly if u can tho I strongly suggest u get an aegis solo that has removable battery or any other aegis mod (aegis mini with build in battery)or aegis max cause they seem to be very long lasting and u gonna have it in future if u change your vape style or just stick to MTL with other atomizer...
I know cause I started with the zlide for mtl also and now I vape totally differently even tho I would swear i wouldn't change..
That happened few months ago...

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Thanks for the suggestions. I need something to stealth vape because I'm always vaping. Are those two mods you mentioned MTL? It's important I get a MTL vape because the ones that go straight to my throat hurt my voice.

The problem is the direct lung that needs higher wattages and longer lasting battery...for mtl every mod is fine especially with the zlide coils that don't need high wattages...
I used to vape with double battery mod my zlide tank just because I wanted battery to last for days but as u said u like a small stealth vape Soo u need a single battery one for sure :)
You need a mod that has adjustable wattages and not one like the adept that u adjust low normal high.....and if has removable battery its better in my opinion to have it for long time even if battery fails u change it...

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
The problem is the direct lung that needs higher wattages and longer lasting battery...for mtl every mod is fine especially with the zlide coils that don't need high wattages...
I used to vape with double battery mod my zlide tank just because I wanted battery to last for days but as u said u like a small stealth vape Soo u need a single battery one for sure :)
You need a mod that has adjustable wattages and not one like the adept that u adjust low normal high.....and if has removable battery its better in my opinion to have it for long time even if battery fails u change it...
T makes no sense to me why the charging port dies so quickly. It's ridiculous.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
What do you think at the Vaporesso mini 2?
I haven't bought any mods in a while, & I do not have that one & I'm not really planning in the future to buy anymore...
Since a few grrr8 pod/mods are out & I'm liking to use ...
but I do have 4 mods I can use, no I take that back I have 3 I was counting the Innokin Adept/Zlide & i can't cause it's been useless from the beginning....
I'm just happy with a lot of the pod devices, pod /mod devices i have....
I'm really liking the 2 Innokin Sceptre pod/mods I have with the 0.5 coils, so much so that I ordered another one !!
I live in Northwest FL & I'm better off with pod/mod devices, cause the heat is no good for any kinda mod really, but that's my opinion ....
I've had no luck taking & going all day or most of the day shopping/errands with a mod device....
The pod/mods u can just grab & go & ur set !!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens

I don't know how long do you own it but yes I guess not long enough to justify...also depends your luck sometimes...like in phones usually they last me years but sometimes I have seen USB ports die faster....if the problem is the port u could get it to a cellphone repair and fix it..it's not big deal but...costs

The thing is from what I see in vape mods it's better to get one with external battery and even if u do that u still MUST get an extrenal battery charger....I know needs money but then u not gonna have worries like that...
U can also get 2 batteries and have one spare Soo u just swap batteries and never wait for vape to charge....
Smoking cigs to me used to be more spending money btw...
As I said u wasn't very lucky I think...it's ok
I am assuming you tried cleaning the port or checking it with a strong light to see any dirt...and try clean it with a toothpick or something....gl man
If the atomizer seemed fine to you then just try get a mod....that vaporesso mini 2 it's ok if u can't get one with removable battery and all extra stuff needed like battery cause not included and external charger .

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Zlide Tank is crap, or at least the one i have is....
I won't purchase another one even if it cost a penny, I wouldn't take one if it was given to me either !!

• Love
Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Zlide Tank is crap, or at least the one i have is....
I won't purchase another one even if it cost a penny, I wouldn't take one if it was given to me either !!

I know what happened to your lol :p u hate it but it's a fact it's one of the best mtl drop in coil attys and leakproof....but ofc I understand since u had this bad experience of u will hate it...
There is some kind of problem with yours...happen with all.things u know how it is....
Maybe something is bad but to you works perfect and vice versa..
It's the quality control that sometimes maybe it's good but still there will be some fault units no matter what...or user error..
For that adept mod I have seen many rewiers and people complained for the button not working sometimes that's why I got the coolfire z50mod with zlide kit..
But the zlide atomizer in on top with Nautilus and few others in that category let's be fair :p

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I know what happened to your lol :p u hate it but it's a fact it's one of the best mtl drop in coil attys and leakproof....but ofc I understand since u had this bad experience of u will hate it...
There is some kind of problem with yours...happen with all.things u know how it is....
Maybe something is bad but to you works perfect and vice versa..
It's the quality control that sometimes maybe it's good but still there will be some fault units no matter what...or user error..
For that adept mod I have seen many rewiers and people complained for the button not working sometimes that's why I got the coolfire z50mod with zlide kit..
But the zlide atomizer in on top with Nautilus and few others in that category let's be fair :p
I'm no rookie Mr. & I know & know how to put together /take apart a tank of any kind .....
& I have the Nautilus mini & the bigger Nautilus & they are the best, but 1 disadvantage is the bottom fill,
I purchased the Slide Tank because it was top-fill, but it's apiece-crap I haven't gotten any use out of the 20 coils I put in it after a vape my e-liquid is pouring out of the air-holes ...
& All the seals & whatever else is attached like it's suppose to plus I've changed all them 2 times & e-liquid still pours out of the air-holes no matter what pg/vg ratio of e-liquid I put in it !!

MarshallMoore

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2015
I have learned that all mods break sooner or later or at least mine have. Every mod I have owned was less than $100. I do not know if say a $300 or higher mod would last longer. I would rather buy 3 mods >$100 than buy a high-end mod and it quit working. I bought a UWELL EVDILO and it didn't work straight out of the box. I don't know everything but, I assume any mod could be used for MTL. If a tight draw is needed you can adjust the airflow. I believe most vapors just getting off cigs want MTL experience because that is how they smoked. Speaking from my experience, I started like that and eventually changed to DTL as I got more used to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread