My biggest frustration with E-Cigs - Cross compatibility between atomizers and my PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveGuy

Sep 22, 2010
Kent, Ohio
Hello all, so I've been vaping for about 4 months now and I absolutely love it! I went all out and got the Puresmoker Icon. Now I'm in the experimentation phase and I'm getting a little frustrated. I got tired of the atomizers listed on the Puresmoker website so I decided to try out some other brands. I thought that since I had a 510 I could just plop on any ole atomizer and it would work, I was wrong. Luckily the Bauway 510 atomizer I got worked great and was exactly what I was looking for, a better throat hit. However, the other 2 atomizers I got, a LR 510 and a standard 510 didn't screw on to my piece. So now I come to you guys with a possible idea I may pursue.

Lets face it, this e-cig stuff is confusing, there is SO much to learn, so many pieces, so many different types of juices, so many vendors and different kinds of vaporizers. I am thinking about making a website that makes it easier for people like me to find parts that will work with their personal vaporizers. The website would be set up in way where the user enters their details about their personal vaporizer and what size atty or cart they are looking for. The "calculator" would look through a database of reviews from people that have had success using a certain atty with their vaporizer. The calculator would also direct them to all of the different vendors that sold that specific atty that would work with their vaporizer. This would eliminate the frustration of ordering parts that won't work with their model. It's a shame we cant go to a retail store and just screw on different attys and see what we like the best, but this is the world we live in.

Does something like this already exist? I realize it may take some time to get set up but I think it would be a highly beneficial tool to the community... To get the site started I would probably offer some rewards for the first reviewers. What do you all think?

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
DaveGuy, that is a good idea, I went through the same confusion, adn others on ECF helped me through it. I read the ECF library on the series, "womderful world of vaping" that walks through the hardware, the juices and all of it to clear up a lot. e-cigwiki has a lot of info anf you get to learn the reliable and best hardware adn juice vendors out there after a while. But a website like you describe would make it easier for lots of people.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Icon should be a standard 510. I'd contact Puresmoker about it. A 510 SHOULD be a 510, though I have had some Riva batteries that didn't thread my 306s. Yes, it gets very confusing.

I agree with this suggestion. However, I have owned two Puresmoker products (not the Icon) and there were issues with their PV's and the connectors they use and certain atomizers. I have never had that problem with any other PV from other suppliers. You shouldn't have to do this, but you could get a 510 to 510 adapter and see if that solves the problem. If it does, it tells me it's the Icon connector that is the issue.

DaveGuy

Sep 22, 2010
Kent, Ohio
Hey guys, wanted to clear up some confusion. I got the attys from Breezesmoke who said they had gotten them directly from Eastmall: BreezEsmokes - Premium Electronic Cigarettes Don said all of the attys were tested and working before they were shipped out, so I assume they are good.

I'm not sure if they worked or not because the threads of the atty would not screw on to my PV. It sounds like I am not the only one with this type of issue so I think I am going to go ahead with this project. Hopefully the mods of this forum will assist me with promotional efforts, because there really won't be a good way to get traffic through search engines. If you have any interest in becoming a partner with me on this project please send me a PM, this will be allot of work to get up and going but I see it having huge potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread