Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I've been happily squonking away with my Aleader Bhive dual coil squonker. I changed the cotton and battery last night. I wet the cotton pretty well. But when I press on the bottle I feel resistance. I got a dry hit last night and when I checked the cotton was bone dry even tho I regularly pressed on the bottle the same way I did when it was working.
I took the bottle out and when I pressed it the liquid came out fine. The only other thing I did was change out the coils because they were very off center. All I can think of is to switch back to rayon and maybe play with the coils but I can't see how either of those are keeping liquid from entering the rda. Please help!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yes but barely. Should I cut it at a greater angle?
I shoot for a 50-60 degree angle.
Below is 50
angle_050 .gif

Cheers
I

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I leave a bit of the 90 degree cut on the bottom of the tube when I angle cut the rest of the tube.
Sorry if this is stupid but what do you mean when you say you angle cut the rest of the tube? I thought only the bottom of the tube needed to be cut at an angle.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Sorry if this is stupid but what do you mean when you say you angle cut the rest of the tube? I thought only the bottom of the tube needed to be cut at an angle.

Bottom end of tube... I then rest what is left of the 90 degree bottom of the tube on the bottom of the bottle when installed.
tube.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I've been happily squonking away with my Aleader Bhive dual coil squonker. I changed the cotton and battery last night. I wet the cotton pretty well. But when I press on the bottle I feel resistance. I got a dry hit last night and when I checked the cotton was bone dry even tho I regularly pressed on the bottle the same way I did when it was working.
I took the bottle out and when I pressed it the liquid came out fine. The only other thing I did was change out the coils because they were very off center. All I can think of is to switch back to rayon and maybe play with the coils but I can't see how either of those are keeping liquid from entering the rda. Please help!

I am thinking you guys may be looking at the wrong end for the problem. This occurred after changing coils and wick. My guess is the hole inside Bhive where the juice flows into it is blocked/clogged.

Take the atty off the mod and blow through the bottom of 510 pin into the atty. If you feel resistance blowing, or can't blow through at all. There is our problem. Open the atty and make sure the hole is unblocked. Maybe lift the wicks up off the floor, and trim them just a bit shorter.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I am thinking you guys may be looking at the wrong end for the problem. This occurred after changing coils and wick. My guess is the hole inside Bhive where the juice flows into it is blocked/clogged.

Take the atty off the mod and blow through the bottom of 510 pin into the atty. If you feel resistance blowing, or can't blow through at all. There is our problem. Open the atty and make sure the hole is unblocked. Maybe lift the wicks up off the floor, and trim them just a bit shorter.
I haven't cut the tube yet but did readjust it and so far it seems to be working. I'll give your idea a try next. I did wonder if the wicks could be blocking something. I really appreciate all the help. I'm enjoying squonking and don't want to be stopped by something that might have an easy fix.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I haven't cut the tube yet but did readjust it and so far it seems to be working. I'll give your idea a try next. I did wonder if the wicks could be blocking something. I really appreciate all the help. I'm enjoying squonking and don't want to be stopped by something that might have an easy fix.
If readjusting the tube helped,then it sounds like the tube is suctioning itself to either the bottom or side of the bottle.Try twisting the tube so that the angle cut is facing in toward the center of the bottle.If it is facing toward the side,then it can suction itself to the bottle and block juice from coming up.I used to have that issue a lot,especially with silicone bottles,so i started cutting a V notch in my tubes instead of an angle,and never had the problem again.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread