Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Just picked up a few myself. I like glass tanks. Some of my plastic ones absorb the flavor of previous juices in my opinion. Nothing like a nice fruity juice having a slight hint of something you poured down the drain. Yuk.

Plus you don't have the batting that cartos use. Attys seem give a truer flavor that cartos. I still like and use Fusions but I sure pick this tank up a lot.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Patiently waiting for restock, but I have a question. Am I blind, or are there no replacement coils for the Dbox on the site? I know it comes with 2, but I know me, and that means I'll toast the first one playing with it LOL!

Bo they are on the way. I'm still on my first one. I'm sure you could rebuild these if you had the dexterity and the eyesight.:)

Well I just had to know so I rebuilt mine. It is my first ever attempt at rebuilding attys even though I've had the wick and coil wire around for some time in my parts box. It works good too so far. I would get new ones though because it's easier and less hassle. I just had to know though.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I am in possession of neither the dex nor the eyesight...not to mention patience to fiddle :blush: I figured there would be some replacements on the way tho.

They use Evod replacement heads which are quite cheap and easy to find in several resistances. I don't think it's possible to get easer than that. :laugh: Evod replacement heads are going to be around for a long time since the Protank also uses them.

I'm waiting for these to be stocked too.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
You only need one place and thats the email instock notification button thats right underneath the Add to Registry feature. I had a customer who was having a compatibility issue with his Vamo (it's always the vamo that gives me problems :D) so I sent him off my base to troubleshoot so I'm stalking right along with you :laugh:
Love your Pit! She? reminds me of a good friends doggie Ducatti.
hey don't try to deter me from following you on twitter, signing up for the newsletter, or product notifications...i am new to this stalking business!
believe it or not...she isn't a pit....she's an all muscle 22 pound chihuhua, beagle, italian greyhound that pulls, plays, and stands like a pit LOL
i love that your friend's dog is named Ducati even tho i have a honda :)

Bo they are on the way. I'm still on my first one. I'm sure you could rebuils these if you had the dexterity and the eyesight.:)
wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!
woot.gif

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
They use Evod replacement heads which are quite cheap and easy to find in several resistances. I don't think it's possible to get easer than that. :laugh: Evod replacement heads are going to be around for a long time since the Protank also uses them.

Yes this is true, but buying elsewhere I wouldn't be getting Isaac's 510 threaded coils. If juice goes in it...I want Iken made :laugh:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland

I assume these can use protank heads as well...??? Anybody know for sure?

Also, is there anybody using the puritank that also uses (or used) protranks. How do they compare? Besides airyness (is that a word? :)) that some don't like.. about the same? better?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Whoops I guess that wasn't you're question. LOL but yes I have both. I love the Puri and I have no love for the ProTank. I read too much about Chinese mystery metals that can flake in time plus I just don't like the big metal top. Not to mention I don't like the slightly metallic taste I get fron a ProTank.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2010
    Maryland
    Heya Fran! You answered both of my questions. Thank you!!! Unfortunately my wife likes the all-in-one top. But... Ima gonna try and convert her. And, you give me some GREAT info!!!! I've been rebuilding her coils with SS mesh wicks. She keeps saying a metallic taste. (My taste buds aren't so good. I don't).... Maybe it's the protank!!!

I've started trying with silica (like most, I think, do in BCCs), (I was trying to stick with SS because my wife likes to get carried away with the voltage and burn things.). But, in the meantime, I'm gonna order her a puritank or two.

When they're available.... Off to check. :) Thank you very much!!!

starwatching

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2011
    Canton, OH
    I seem to be going through EVOD attys really quick with my PuriTank. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. I get about a day and a half, and then I start to lose vapor. The attys I am using are 2.2 ohms. I try rinsing them in hot water, and putting them back in, but they don't improve any.
    On a side note, I do love this tank! I like using my own drip tip and I like the larger liquid capacity. I hope the vendors get more of these in stock soon.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    I seem to be going through EVOD attys really quick with my PuriTank. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. I get about a day and a half, and then I start to lose vapor. The attys I am using are 2.2 ohms. I try rinsing them in hot water, and putting them back in, but they don't improve any.
    On a side note, I do love this tank! I like using my own drip tip and I like the larger liquid capacity. I hope the vendors get more of these in stock soon.

It depends on the juice your using. I got over 2 weeks on mine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread