Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
This tank is GREAT. I'm loving it. I think this could be rebuilt without to many problems. I know vaping with this tank is outstanding. I have it on my Infinity Pro and the 2 were made for each other. I love it.
The draw for me is perfect. The only con I found so far is my new Ikenvape stainless tip won't fit but it comes with a stainless tip that does.

DSC02529_zpsb0a89a33.jpg
FMNGA_zpsf6b2da7b.gif

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
This is the best tank/atty system he has in my book. I love it. I use it more than any of my other devices now. The tip it comes with, although tight, fits good and looks even better. As the original Fusionolic I use this even more than my Fusions. The draw stays the same and doesn't get tight like tanked cartos do after a while. I would put my stamp of approval on this for what it's worth. I've been using it non-stop since I got it. Another thing is it will take a higher voltage setting better than the others. it's perfect on my Buzz Pro, Infinity Pro as well as my Auto Ego.

Last edited:

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
My curiosity has been piqued.

Question: I've strayed away from clearomizers recently because I've found they mute flavors, kill throat hit, and generally don't perform as well at higher voltages, much more so with my VG juices. My experience with Vivi Novas and VG juices is that they become practically flavorless and undetectable as far as throat hit is concerned.

With these points in mind how does this clearo tank perform compared to a nova?

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
After much PG/VG ratio fiddling and removal of extra silica threads and evod/protank coil alterations on the protank/puritank...I've come to the conclusion that for me at the moment, 70PG/30PG with a pro coil on either the puritank or protank is working for me. Had a bunch of trouble with the evod coils, usually too tight of a draw and/or not wicking well enough. I tried removed some of the wick and they would hit better but then flood and still not taste as good as the pro tank coils. Might not even be related and be more of a QC issue, but we'll see. Either way I'm super happy and love both tanks as well as the auto batteries.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
My curiosity has been piqued.

Question: I've strayed away from clearomizers recently because I've found they mute flavors, kill throat hit, and generally don't perform as well at higher voltages, much more so with my VG juices. My experience with Vivi Novas and VG juices is that they become practically flavorless and undetectable as far as throat hit is concerned.

With these points in mind how does this clearo tank perform compared to a nova?

Well I've tried the nova and hated it, and can confirm these are light years beyond it. The cool part is if you are up for fiddling, you can pop out the center air tube (pliers were required for me, its in there snug) and there are 2 loose strands of silica sitting on top of the coil you can remove one or both of to allow more juice in to the coil. At first with 60VG it was hit or miss with dry hits and leaving the wick in, but I had some luck with removing the wick but then it tended to flood after a while. If you're using 100% VG and remove both wicks, I'd say you'd have a good chance of wicking well, at which point the set up allows for great hits as the coil is nice and always stays wet.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
After much PG/VG ratio fiddling and removal of extra silica threads and evod/protank coil alterations on the protank/puritank...I've come to the conclusion that for me at the moment, 70PG/30PG with a pro coil on either the puritank or protank is working for me. Had a bunch of trouble with the evod coils, usually too tight of a draw and/or not wicking well enough. I tried removed some of the wick and they would hit better but then flood and still not taste as good as the pro tank coils. Might not even be related and be more of a QC issue, but we'll see. Either way I'm super happy and love both tanks as well as the auto batteries.

I had that problem too and for me it was because it sit too far down in the threads and blocked the vents. I put a thin washer between the tank and the PV to raise it and it vented good.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hi 5cardstud!

Very interesting, how big is this thing??? It looks massive and I couldn't find any specs on IKV site. Capacity? Length? Diameter?

Thanks for the review!

It's approximately 2in. tall without the tip and about 3/4in. diameter Katya. I like the size because I don't have to fill it as much. I think the Protank is a little daintier. You know me, here's a side by side pic of them both.

bjxv.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread