Is the IKV DBOX PuriTank better than the Protank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
aha! progress...LOL So maybe now I can tell you about my Dbox experience. Short and to the point....IF your complaint about the ProTank is that the draw is too airy...YES...the DBox is better. The drawback is that it is BIG. We all know those engineers in China troll this forum...so if they see enough interest in a modification they will make one. I for one would love to see a DBox Mini.

One other point if your on the fence about this tank....at least for me....I have laid it on it's side and even turned it upside down. No leaking out side the tank and more importantly..it doesn't seem to leak back into the air tube.

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
I have the Protank, PuriTank, & Tatreo Tank that I've been using awhile now. I really like the PuriTank more than the Protank because it has a tighter draw and I can use my drip tips on it, however, the Tatreo tank is great, I use it whenever I am away from home because it is bulletproof and has the tight draw I like AND I can use my drip tips.... If the Tatreo was cheaper I would probably switch to just those.

That being said, I do have a Davide tank on the way and will get the ProTank 2 when it comes out....

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
wow! thank you for that link!!! I've been going nuts trying to find bottom coils. They are selling a ten pack for 15.95. I don't know why but evod and protank coils seem to be harder and harder to find...and Kanger has so many different products with replacable bottom coils now it's hard to keep track. It would be great if someone made a compatibility chart, wouldn't it?

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ah ok, so that is why they are so hard to find right now. well I picked up a 10 pack of the Dbox replacements. Thank you again for that link. They should work in the Tatroe tank as well. If anyone is interested I got an email over the weekend from CigTech that the Tatroe was back in stock. They are about $35. And I agree with the statement about them being bullet proof. They are very tall.....2" without the drip tip..and heavy....but I think it's worth it to have at least one..or something similar in stainless steel for when you don't want to worry about dropping, breaking, or having your juice crack the plastic. (nice thing about stainless tanks is you can wash them with hot soapy water and they don't retain residual flavors if your prone to using tank cracker liquids. :) L

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I have the Protank, PuriTank, & Tatreo Tank that I've been using awhile now. I really like the PuriTank more than the Protank because it has a tighter draw and I can use my drip tips on it, however, the Tatreo tank is great, I use it whenever I am away from home because it is bulletproof and has the tight draw I like AND I can use my drip tips.... If the Tatreo was cheaper I would probably switch to just those.

That being said, I do have a Davide tank on the way and will get the ProTank 2 when it comes out....

I must admit, I have a new favorite as well. As much as I really like the Protank, this PuriTank is a beast. Holds a ton of juice and looks GOOD on top of the Vamo. It's not something I'd want to take out and about, but for home use this is now my "go to" tank for vaping around the house.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
yes I like mine a lot too. Since all these heads are interchangable...Dbox,evod,protank I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on what the difference is between the Dbox and evod IE short center tube...and the protank/tantroe.....long center tube?

I already bought a ten pack of Dbox heads from that VaporBeast link...then I saw that the Kidney Punch place was offering a choice of ohms....so I went back to see what I had got and found this rather interesting statement from VaporBeast
* 10 pack
* Designed work with the DBox PuriTank
* Ohms range from 1.7 - 2.3 ohm. They work great, but they are a bit of a grab bag.
They also come in a blister pack. So I'm wondering if the KP people are testing theirs and sorting them? That would be nice.

Also here is what looks like a pretty good price on ProTank heads. Since I think the problem with the ProTank is the base and not the head itself is you have an opinion/preference to the longer center tube these be them:
Kanger ProTank Coil Replacement - 5 Pack 2.4 ohms $5.96 for a 5pack.

orson

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
United States of America

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ok...thanks. That;s weird though....I just copied and pasted right from the page. I think someone is playing a trick on me...LOL.

So just when I think I have everything I "need"....another newsletter from CigTech........

Tatroe Tank Red

right...colored Tatroe tanks. Right now just black and red. But after this latest tank buying spree....$53 is a little steep for me. Just the tank is $40 and then the bottom cap is an extra $13. It sure is pretty though. :facepalm:

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
ok...thanks. That;s weird though....I just copied and pasted right from the page. I think someone is playing a trick on me...LOL.

So just when I think I have everything I "need"....another newsletter from CigTech........

Tatroe Tank Red

right...colored Tatroe tanks. Right now just black and red. But after this latest tank buying spree....$53 is a little steep for me. Just the tank is $40 and then the bottom cap is an extra $13. It sure is pretty though. :facepalm:

The red tank is nice as are the black & blue but for me........... the brushed stainless steel just rocks.
Sigelei 24 & Tatreo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread