Is the IKV DBOX PuriTank better than the Protank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Here is a couple different tanks I just picked up today at GotVapes.....they look really promising...I'll let ya know once I get them. I also picked up a Baby Raven,...too cute! And some Stallion cartomizers....interesting looking....for use in DC tanks.....on sale for $7 so what the heck.

AGR Carto Stainless Tank v2 with Locking Base [gv-AGRCartoTank-Stainless] - $14.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

agrtank.png

NEW Kamry X6 v2 3.5ml 510 Spring Loaded Tank w/ Extra Coil Head [gv-KamryX6Tank] - $10.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

kamryx6tank.png

STALLION™ Hybrid Empty 510 3.0ohm Carto 5PK - STAINLESS [gv-STALLION-Empty5PK-Stainless] - $6.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
Interesting that these come prefilled too...." pre-filled with the acclaimed LiQUA Italian eJuice by Ritchy: " I think I tried some of that juice last year and it was pretty good.
emptystallion_2.png

I'm going to try again with the Raven cartos. Can anyone give me some tips regarding "pressurized filling"? What exactly does that mean? I'm thinking maybe that has something to do with why the cartos I try to use in these particular tanks I have, Slim Stainless tanks from Siam Mods, just leak right out the bottom of the carto. The end caps are SO tight and there is no air displacement. So will filling them (the tanks) with a funnel prevent this problem? Thanks in advance for the tips.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
yea....that figures. No one even bothered to check to see that I don't even sell a product ANY of you would use. Nor do we sell ANY of the products being discussed. I was a long time contributor to ECF long before I started helping out at SmokeStik....any of you ever read the "burning carto" thread...I was one of the reasons you now have decent cartomizers to use today.

I'm a long time user of ALL kinds of mods and I make it point to give plugs to excellent suppliers I buy my own products from . If anyone had bothered to check you would see me plugging them in my own sub-forum as well. But hey...ECF isn't what it used to be that's for sure. Thanks anyway....

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I just order one from DBox PuriTank - Glass Tank and it lists their current stock at 234 units..... better hurry if you want one.

After my order, they're down to 4 left. :D

We've tried a couple and really like them. Thanks to "jfountain2" mentioning the place that had some still we ordered 4 more. Cannot find them local anymore.

I'll second that! I do love my Protanks, but the larger capacity was something I just couldn't pass up!

Size comparison.... for those interested, below are the Kanger ProTank, Tatroe Tank, and DBox PuriTank side by side on matching eVic's

I have only had the DBox and Tatroe for abour an hour so no real comparisons on vape etc yet.... but they are both very well made.
View attachment 229936

With the addition of the two PuriTanks, I'll be good to go for a while. At least until that little voice talks me into getting a couple of Tatroe's as well. :laugh:

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
The glass tank on my Dbox Puritank is crooked, it's driving me nuts, anyone else have this issue?

Did you buy your from dragonflyecigs or from discountvapers? Reason I ask is because my friend bought one from dragonflyecigs and his did not have the PuriTank etched on the tank and it was crooked.

With that said, I bought 3 from discountvaper, all 3 are straight and have the puritank name etched on the bottom part of the tank.

Heezyfosheezy

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
United States
Did you buy your from dragonflyecigs or from discountvapers? Reason I ask is because my friend bought one from dragonflyecigs and his did not have the PuriTank etched on the tank and it was crooked.

With that said, I bought 3 from discountvaper, all 3 are straight and have the puritank name etched on the bottom part of the tank.

I bought mines from akavapers and it has the Puritank etched on it. Came in a box with the DBox branding with 2 atomizer heads, one already installed.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I bought mines from akavapers and it has the Puritank etched on it. Came in a box with the DBox branding with 2 atomizer heads, one already installed.

In that case this leads me to believe quality control is not the greatest. By the way, my friends also came in the same packaging as yours and mine. I would contact the place you purchased it from and see if they can exchange it.

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
Why? I love it when people share good deals.

I love good deals too but I hate when every other post I read is about fasttech (or alibaba) kinda like I want to choke someone when I hear them say they will 'reach out' to someone.... pretty much if it's trending I hate it (I'm really screwed if hating trends turns trendy)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I guarantee it will be like everything else at Fasttech.... stuff I won't buy because I am sick of seeing 'fasttech' posted all over the forum

They have their own Subforum now FastTech

So that should help.

Hopefully the Puritank will be back in stock at a decent price somewhere. I just like the looks, the capacity and I hear the draw is tighter than the Protank. I am sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread