Is the IKV DBOX PuriTank better than the Protank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
very nice! Do you notice that the Tatroe changes the flavor of your liquid at all? I know it seems impossible since it's stainless....but I'm getting a strange flavor from it??? I have several other stainless tanks but of course they are carto tanks so totally different. I'm using the exact same voltage as I use on all my other mods and the same coil heads that are in my Puri and Protank. Any suggestions as to why this might be? I did try washing it and putting in a new head and it still has the same weird flavor????

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
very nice! Do you notice that the Tatroe changes the flavor of your liquid at all? I know it seems impossible since it's stainless....but I'm getting a strange flavor from it??? I have several other stainless tanks but of course they are carto tanks so totally different. I'm using the exact same voltage as I use on all my other mods and the same coil heads that are in my Puri and Protank. Any suggestions as to why this might be? I did try washing it and putting in a new head and it still has the same weird flavor????

I haven't had any flavor changes with mine. I've been using it about a week now and gone through several tanks with no problems at all. I'm currently vaping on it with DIY Vanilla/Coconut 14mg @ 75/25 pg/vg

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I think I might have burnt a coil in my haste to try it at a higher voltage. I didn't let it sit long enough after filling it. I totally understand that once you fry a coil you can't get rid of that taste/smell...but it should come out of the tank I would think. I don't want to use anything acidic like vinegar because I don't want to damage the finish. But even after passing it through boiling water and letting it air dry for hours that smell is still in the tank. Maybe baking soda will help.

BTW>....I found this last night...... Kanger Mini Protank - Viper Vape Inc

Kanger Protank 2 - Viper Vape Inc

Just look at there new products page. I have never heard of them before but they have huge selection of all the newest tanks. This one is a prerelease and looks really nice. I've never tried the vision tanks but they look sharp and this one has dual coils. I like that it's made to fit an ego connection so will look very good on a smaller mod like my SuperT 10440
Vision V2.0 Metalic Dual Coil

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
DV has the Davide Glassomizer in now.... takes protank coils & evod coils, can use your own drip tip AND has replaceable locking glass AND there will be a kit soon that lets you make the tank bigger..... I've got 2 on the way already. They have 265 in stock (currently) and the price is $14.99

AnyVape Davide Glassomizer

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas
I have the Protank, PuriTank, & Tatreo Tank that I've been using awhile now. I really like the PuriTank more than the Protank because it has a tighter draw and I can use my drip tips on it, however, the Tatreo tank is great, I use it whenever I am away from home because it is bulletproof and has the tight draw I like AND I can use my drip tips.... If the Tatreo was cheaper I would probably switch to just those.

That being said, I do have a Davide tank on the way and will get the ProTank 2 when it comes out....

DV has the Davide Glassomizer in now.... takes protank coils & evod coils, can use your own drip tip AND has replaceable locking glass AND there will be a kit soon that lets you make the tank bigger..... I've got 2 on the way already. They have 265 in stock (currently) and the price is $14.99

AnyVape Davide Glassomizer

nice, good selection.

let us know what you think on the Davide.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
My Dbox just arrived. It took only 2 days to get here via first class mail from CA to NY. I am using my Vision VV on my usual 3.9 setting then on 4.2 This is the first time I have been able to take my twist over 3.9 without the juice burning. I usually use a T3 or a EE2. Is it because of the design? Lots of little air holes venting the bottom that I can put my finger over too

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I wouldn't say they're better, but for home use, the PuriTanks are sure getting used more than my beloved Protanks.

Because of the size, it's definitely not a tank I'd be using while out and about. As for the Davide Glassomizer, don't know what it is about it, but I just don't like the look of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread