My DIY - DSE901 - MAGNUM POWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
Ill watch Your Vid in a sec, cant wait really.
Wanted to tell people,
I was in Home Depot today. (their big Black Friday sale today)
They had these flashlights there on sale. They are listed under the "Husky" name.

5-Pack 9-LED Aluminum Flashlights - 91161 at The Home Depot

5-Piece Flashlight & Headlamp Set - 91145 at The Home Depot

Cheaper from DealExtreme, but if you have a Home Depot local, you can go there.
I bought a set, want to try this :D
Ill give the Spares as Stocking Stuffers :p

The 91145 are the exact same flashlight - I was poking around there also a few days ago. - Don't forget to post your results.

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
You did a fantastic job on the video. I was really impressed on how easy you made it look - LOL... Now I am going to ask hubby to watch so he can make me one :)... Thank you....

PM or post questions here if you have any - If you PM me I can send you my number and he can ask any questions - If you need to go that route.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
PM or post questions here if you have any - If you PM me I can send you my number and he can ask any questions - If you need to go that route.

What an awesome member. Thank you for sharing this with everyone. You could have kept it to yourself but you decided to share it. That is what this forum is about. Again thank you...

Old-New2.JPG

My First attempt at a USB model and a Portable battery powered one. 8-o

Its good to Fight the Empire with too :evil:

bluewolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Michigan
Just out of curiosity... is there some reason why you're not using the 3x (4.5v) pack that came with the Flashlight? The USB runs at a little over 5v, so I can't imagine that a 4.5v would hurt the atomizer. (I've got stacks of rechargable AAA batteries and they are much easier to find/recharge).
I went with 3 AA bats in my mini lantern mod, I like it better than usb power. I was getting a burnt juice taste with usb.

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
Just out of curiosity... is there some reason why you're not using the 3x (4.5v) pack that came with the Flashlight? The USB runs at a little over 5v, so I can't imagine that a 4.5v would hurt the atomizer. (I've got stacks of rechargable AAA batteries and they are much easier to find/recharge).
Well I tried them - I thought the same thing - Didn't give the preformance that I wanted.

MNZ

NZ Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
Love the design of your unit mate, great job.

Here's something that you might like to try... You've got that handy dandy LED PC board with all the holes in it already, why not solder your resistor in two of the positive holes with a cut made with your razor knife to isolate it and run flyleads from your switch into other appropriate holes as well, that would save alot of fiddling about with soldering in tight places. the LED leads could then be soldered directly onto the PC board.

I hope you can understand what I mean from the description, I can draw it on paper easily, but my computer drawing skills are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread