My dr is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
So I went to the dr today for a check up. Told her I quit smoking and basically replace my smoking habit with a pv. What a downer "well now you just need to get off the nicotine". Why can't ppl just be happy that you quit.
Actually my mother had the same reaction. I guess I should just keep my mouth shut. I think ppl who have never smoked, just don't get what a big deal this is.

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
Ive met alot of idiot Drs in the past year.My nuerologist is the only one that was happy and wanted to know more about it.She is very open minded and actually cares about her patients.

and a neurologist has the least to do with smoking related diseases (generally speaking) so she must be personally interested and also care about your health.

GP's are (IMO) a complete bunch of lazy swearwords. I've been asthmatic all my life and moved around a lot so seen LOADS of different gp's, and they all seem to be interested in money first and patient care second. I have to beg for my inhalors! At my age! Like they are narcotics and not my essential life saving medication, bleedin swearword!

Happy vaping!

Duncan

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
.My nuerologist is the only one that was happy and wanted to know more about it.She is very open minded and actually cares about her patients.

And I am willing to bet she is totally aware of the positive effects nicotine has on the brain and it's shown results for Alzheimers....

I guess I got lucky....I have a GREAT GP....wonder if it's cause he's not an MD, but a DO?

Last edited:

mmcall12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Indiana
She actually suggested I go back on chantix. I had to remind her that chantix made me crazy (as I said, she is an idiot)

I know what you mean alot of my friends had bad thing on that me I did quit with it but my was with mcd's salads and there unsweeten ice tead everyday, but I have not had one of them nasty thing I do the 0 mg on juice mine is that habit with the hand and mouth,,,(ok no minds go in the gutter lol) I was a B when I stop smoking but now I have my ecig I'm a happy person.

logrus

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
So I went to the dr today for a check up. Told her I quit smoking and basically replace my smoking habit with a pv. What a downer "well now you just need to get off the nicotine". Why can't ppl just be happy that you quit.
Actually my mother had the same reaction. I guess I should just keep my mouth shut. I think ppl who have never smoked, just don't get what a big deal this is.

I know where you're coming from but you can't expect a medical professional to flat out endorse using nicotine, or ingesting anything that hasn't been vetted by the AMA (forget the FDA). Nicotine isn't a vitamin supplement, it isn't healthy it's just you've found a less un-healthy way to get it. We'd all still be better off without it. Same goes with the delivery method. while I am personally convinced that vaping is a bajillion times safer for me than burning leaf and paper it's unproven what effects PG or VG have when sucked into the lungs. Yeah it's food grade stuff but there are a ton of things that are fine when used on one part of the body that will really jack you up when used on another part of the body (try a couple of drops of Visine in a beverage some time if you don't believe me; just be ready to have full access to a toilet for a day or two).

Your Md probably pays more in malpractice insurance per year than most folks make in two, and even tacit approval of something as new as vaping could cot him/her a trip before the state licensing board at the least if it went all pear-shaped for you.

knobbysmoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
North Texas
I don't think anyone that has never been a slave to cigs will ever understand just how big a deal this is for us. That's why it's so cool to come here to support each other

So true. I have to remind my hubby what an accomplishment this has been. He is enjoying the fresh air and healthier wife but has no idea what this really means to me

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
+1 Ms. Plantlvr

My doctor was actually happy. He knew I was dowinging a crapload of energy drinks on top of my smoking. I'm still getting the nicotine I crave (which he states is approved by the FDA, only in patch and gum form), not breathing in all the co, tar, and every other chem in them, not to mention I've cut down on my sodas and energy drinks. Caffine and Nicotine are the safest items in their respective vices...

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
I guess I'm lucky - after a fashion, that is! I have a horrible cough (courtesy of my husband and Hong Kong) that developed just in time for my Dr's appointment today. My knee and hip have been killing me but all he wanted to talk about was the cough and my smoking. You cannot imagine his delight when he found I was on a PV - asked if I had it with me, show him how it works, what was my nicotine intake now - and on and on and on! I'm to keep him informed of every detail, try to totally quit the analogs (which is down from 50 to 10 a day) and (his words, not mine) keep up the good work! Oh, as for my knee and hip - he sent me to my rheumatologist ;p He can be clueless about some things but was so excited to see an "electronic cigarette" and find out how it works! Now I get to supply him with data instead of the other way around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread