Status
Not open for further replies.

1w15h1w45m0ngu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Though it turns on and even vapes at a certain output, I can't for the life of me get the selector ring working. I've tried a thorough cleaning with isoprop and it still gets no response. As much as I liked this thing I'm beginning to think of it as a piece of junk. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm desperate to get this thing working.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
How long have you had it?
When did it START acting up?
What steps did you take at THAT time to correct?

So Far, everyone that has this has:
Had it a while
Started Sticking Weeks before
Suddenly Stopped working all together
Tried Cleaning and still not working

This is called To little To late.
It is Not because the device is Junk.

Kind of like driving on Flat tires and expecting them NOT to shred.:glare:

Sorry, tired and edgy.

Tried to find the pic to show where the trouble is, but no luck. There is a rocker switch and a small connector between it and the ring. The connector is probably damaged and not rocking the switch.

Last edited:

1w15h1w45m0ngu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
To clarify, the ring moves just as it did before it stopped working, it doesn't stick; there's just no response on-screen when it is manipulated.

I bought it from the classifieds from an individual who purchased it from a co-op. He said he had it for a few months and used it very little. It STARTED acting up about a week and a half after I got it from him. At THAT time, I did a cleaning with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to ensure it was not something gunking up the ring.

It did not start sticking weeks before. I have not had it for a while. It didn't stop working all-together, the selector ring alone stopped working. I did try cleaning and it did not help. I have been very careful not to drop the device and it was in good working order before I received it so, as biased as I may be, I don't see how it could be user error. It's no secret that the Evic isn't of the highest build quality when compared to similar devices. I understand the impulse to defend an APV you may be a fan of but I'd appreciate advice if you have any instead of snarky back-handedness because you missed your nap today.

I would say this problem is more akin to buying a used car and having the tires shred out of nowhere after they had been working perfectly for a couple weeks.

At least I still have a functioning battery charger and ohm meter for my more reliable mechanical devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread