My evic says ''atomizer to short'' when i put my aga-t on, why!??!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi JJ, Welcome to the ECF. I suspect your coil on the aga-t is too low of an ohm load. Remember that almost all the VariableVoltage and VariableWattage mods are protected against short circuits, And the low load on the genesis atomizers is known to trip the protection circuit. You should re wind the coil with more loops to get it up above 1.5 ohms, I personally like mine right at 1.8-2 ohms. This usually is 4/5 wraps with 32ga kanthal and a good thick wick. Good Luck You will get it sorted out. Happy vaping.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Even thought it says no atomizer found on the eVic...would it fire on the mech mod on a low ohm reading?

Yes...yes it will and it will be awesome.
I love my Provari....but it hates my coils.
On the other hand, my natural loves everything I put on it.
And even though its not a mech mod...my silver bullet loves my coils also...lol...

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Even thought it says no atomizer found on the eVic...would it fire on the mech mod on a low ohm reading?

I've seen coils as low as 0.2 ohms fired on Mech mods... Which is FAR lower than any regulated mod could dream of firing... Technically they could go lower, but .2 is damn near a hard short.... I'm not personally comfortable going below about .8

------------------
Sent using psychic mind control powers... and Tapatalk

StevesCVO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Clown School
I've seen coils as low as 0.2 ohms fired on Mech mods... Which is FAR lower than any regulated mod could dream of firing... Technically they could go lower, but .2 is damn near a hard short.... I'm not personally comfortable going below about .8

.8 ohms on a mech or hybrid is bliss with a fresh battery. :vapor:

StevesCVO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Clown School
What if it says atomizer short on the eVic... Is that just because its too low for it (eVic)?

Yes and no. You really need a meter to check what your coil is doing. I always check mine if I'm using an RBA on a VV/VW device or a mech just to see where I'm at. I've never had one that was shorted but my eVic will show it is if the ohm's are too low.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Again USMC, So I took the liberty of poking around the eVic section and came up with it appears that the eVic can run as low as 1.2ohms . Here is reference http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/evic/401167-evic-atomizer-short.html . That is still a whopper of a load and can be made by re-working your coil. Walmart, Kmart and Sears sell an inexpensive meter for about 20$, and if you have a genesis you should have some kind of meter in your vape aresenal to test ohm load before you end up with a wholly different issue.

Alexvac

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
New Jersey
Well I just been hooking it up to the eVic to check the ohms..and I see that everyone is saying you could get some monster hits with a low ohm so I actually built some at 1.8 ohms but it still wounldnt fire...

There is probably a problem with the coil, I find the lower the ohm the higher chance you have to hit a short. When you fire higher ohm coils the margin for error is much greater, so wicks that are not completely oxidized may still support a coil that fires fine. I like to work out the kinks on my coil on a mech and then put it on my provari when I know it's even and without shorts. I usually do a 3/2 with 32g kanthal which starts at about 1.4ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread