Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I am a flavor chaser/mouth to lung vaper, I prefer the restricted draw and I am usually in the 10.5 - 13.5 range (rarely above 15) depending on my build and liquid. So far I have tried the following regulated mods in chronological order: innokin MVP, innokin iTaste 134, Provari 2.5 and Provari 2.5 mini, Semovar, Futura 20, ipv 2, SXmini S class, and the Provari P3. I noticed that watt for watt (i.e. using the same wattage with the same atty and liquid with different mods), the Semovar and the Provari give me a better vape. Granted it is a subtle difference, but it's a difference nevertheless. I don't know why, but I guess the nivel chip and the provari chip do a better job at regulating the current than other chips; including the dna and the SX chips. The Eye and the Dicode line reportedly do a similarly good job, but I haven't had a chance to try them. Has anybody else noticed the same thing?

Reactions: David Wolf

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
I'vent tried a whole huge variety of mods as i'm more of a mech guy.

But yea each chip is abit diffrent of deliver the current. That's also why pbusardo always does his special checks when he's doing reviews of devices. :)
That's one of the main reasons i like him, he does extensive testing on the devices and shows the results for us.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Reactions: Baditude

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude...I guess the following post that you made sums it all:

The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D | Page 2 | E-Cigarette Forum

Do you happen to know the frequency the SX350's cycle? it would be great if there is a table of some sort comparing the frequency cycles of the different popular mods

PBusardo is the only mod reviewer that I know who tests processor speeds. I don't have a home computer and the computers at my library won't play YouTube videos, so you'll have to view for yourself.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I am a flavor chaser/mouth to lung vaper, I prefer the restricted draw and I am usually in the 10.5 - 13.5 range (rarely above 15) depending on my build and liquid. So far I have tried the following regulated mods in chronological order: innokin MVP, innokin iTaste 134, Provari 2.5 and Provari 2.5 mini, Semovar, Futura 20, IPV 2, SXmini S class, and the Provari P3. I noticed that watt for watt (i.e. using the same wattage with the same atty and liquid with different mods), the Semovar and the Provari give me a better vape. Granted it is a subtle difference, but it's a difference nevertheless. I don't know why, but I guess the nivel chip and the provari chip do a better job at regulating the current than other chips; including the DNA and the SX chips. The Eye and the Dicode line reportedly do a similarly good job, but I haven't had a chance to try them. Has anybody else noticed the same thing?

The Provari uses an 800hz pulse train for variable operation. Some mods are at 33hz (Sigelei Zmax) and others are in the 50hz range up to 120hz.

Provari's 800hz pulse is pretty close to straight DC voltage when you look at it on an oscilloscope. Maybe that's why you can tell a difference. The best way to judge pulse wave DC is with your ear. Press the fire button, hold it to your ear, and listen to the sizzle. Crackling sounds tell you that it's a low frequency wave and the smoother it sounds the higher the pulse rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread