My First Ceramics. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

blix36

Aug 12, 2010
Akron, Ohio
I just received my first E2 Ceramics and want to do this by the numbers. Is there any special prepping necessary such as cleaning or inherent fluids that need to cleaned/cooked off. They are Royal Smokers 808's from Clouds of Vapor. I'm planning on using them with regular 808 batteries plus an adapter to fit my Hello 16 batts, mostly in the 3.7 volt range. Most of my juice is BWB. Does running a plain unflavored juice with like 70/30 pg/vg at about 24ml have any benefit? TIA. . .

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Is there any special prepping necessary such as cleaning or inherent fluids that need to cleaned/cooked off

I simply do a dry burn, ten second bursts, until no 'smoke' is seen. As mentioned above some rinse. Others have a long process of cleaning, baking in the oven, etc. so I'm sure others will chime in.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Maybe we need a simple step by step Newbies Guide to Ce2's. From visual inspection, preparing to vape the first time and care and cleaning. And maybe as an adjunct, adding and/or removing the filler strip.

Of course - why it needs all this is in a way the exact opposite of what a cartomizer is supposed to be about - so I thought. Buy, fill, vape - repeat. (Then dispose of thoughtfully).

The long thread zoidman started is a rather daunting option, and a lot of that earlier info is now moot.

Last edited:

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I put mine in a cup of hot distilled water for a good soak (about 5 minutes), swish 'em around, blow 'em out, and then dry burn them as Turbo described above.

To get the best flavor and vapor production, I highly recommend Badkolo's PTB wicking mod. YouTube - DJbizzum's Channel I was very, very frustrated with the leaking and wicking failures...these things definitely have their issues, but when they work, they're a dream come true. Badkolo's PTB mod fixes almost all of that. Yes, it's some work up front, but it's worth it, in my opinion. I'm happily vaping on one of my E2's right now.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
The first lot of Ceramics had the Primer on the wick (Revision 3).

To remove the Primer properly, you need to remove all the rings and soak it in hot water for at least 10 minutes, then rinse it out with warm water, then flick out the excess water, dry the threads, then dry burn it for say 15 seconds.

If the primer isnt removed properly, it can ruin the flavor of the juice.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Some of the E2's have primer. Some don't. If they don't, there's no sense in going to a bunch of trouble just in case it might be there. You may want to try this and see what happens:

Remove the white mouthpiece tip. Then drip a couple drops on the coil and vape. If your juice tastes okay, remove the middle ring and fill it up.

If your juice has a bad taste, vape most of it off without inhaling. Then drip another drop or two. On the ones that I have done this way, my juice doesn't taste quite right at this point, but it's acceptable. So then I just treat it like an atty and drip for a while. The middle ring automatically directs the juice to the coil, so there is no need for a precise drip. Before long, my juice is very good and that is when I fill it and begin using it as a cartomizer.

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
I just received my first E2 Ceramics and want to do this by the numbers. Is there any special prepping necessary such as cleaning or inherent fluids that need to cleaned/cooked off. They are Royal Smokers 808's from Clouds of Vapor. I'm planning on using them with regular 808 batteries plus an adapter to fit my Hello 16 batts, mostly in the 3.7 volt range. Most of my juice is BWB. Does running a plain unflavored juice with like 70/30 pg/vg at about 24ml have any benefit? TIA. . .

Your Hello battery works at about 3.1 volts, so your vape may be a bit cooler than with a KR808 battery. The taste of my juice is better on the Hello, but YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread