My first days.. what I've learned, and what juices I like

Status
Not open for further replies.

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
I thought this would be helpful for those just starting like me.. Tips and flavors! I'll probably just try to add new things to this thread, especially after my 20 pack sampler comes.. lol!

Anyhow, have an m401. Got it from ecigsupply along with double mint and wacky tobacco.

First, the most important thing I've learn is, when inhaling, DON'T suck really hard! Just a light pull is all it takes. If you hear whistling, you're pulling too hard! When I first got it I was sucking so hard to try to get a pull and getting nothing. Then watched a newbie vid and heard the above advice. Tried it and got the best vape and throat (and lung!) hit.. ever since I'm addicted to my PV.

Second, a syringe works great for loading carts. Hard to come by without connections (I'm on HRT so I have em everywhere.. lol) With just dripping on top, the cart doesn't last half as long.

Third, since I am getting a lot of flavors, I wanted to prelead carts. Mine come with these little rubber stoppers for the top, so I write with a fine point felt pen on top initials for the flavors. I even added the pen to my "kit box".. lol.

Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Now for flavors:

double mint - Tastes just like the gum to me, and mixed with a tobacco flavor is good too! "refreshing" flavor. Vape is ok.

turkish blend - NUMMY if you like tobacco flavor. Almost like a camel. Very smooth tobacco flavor. very good throat hit. Small lung hit too. great vape.

vanilla - not bad. Not a lot of flavor. Maybe mixed with something else it would be better. vape isn't very strong.

coffee - LOVE IT!. I'm not a coffee drinker (but love the taste and smell, just gives me gut ache). This particular coffee flavor I got is awesome! And, great throat and lung hit! and vape!

marlboro - came with my starter kit in carts. Not bad, (well, not as bad as a marb.. I'm a camel smoker and really can't stand marb). Mixed with doublemint it's decent. Barely any vape.

Actually, there's not one flavor I wouldn't smoke again. But coffee is by far my fav, and for tobacco flavor turkish blend really is great. An ex smoker buddy even tried it and his eyes lit up from the taste.. thought it was amazing.

20 pack sampler coming soon!

Throat is getting very dry from vaping. I went from 2-3 hits the first two days to a LOT of hits today after learning the trick of not dragging so hard.

anyhow, off to bed!

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
First I heard of people using syringes, I thought: no way! How could anyone easily buy a syringe, with needle no less? But to my total surprise, an e-liquid vendor had 'em. No problem-o. I found that they didn't work out well for me -- carts got overfilled too quickly. Now I just top 'em off, jiggle the 'batting' around a bit with a toothpick, and that seems to work ok. I found just by accident that I got flavor lasting a lot longer if, after topping up the cart with e-liquid, I set the 510 down on the tabletop for a few minutes and left it alone. Afterward, better results than if I topped up the cart and immediately started using the thing. Go figure...

Boredoftheworld

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Charleston, SC
I write with a fine point felt pen on top initials for the flavors.

Where's the facepalm smiley? And where were you with this BRILLIANT idea just before my daughter tripped over my perfectly organized tacklebox full of 25 bottles and matched up carts? If I ever get everything figured out again I'm using the pen, great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread