Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
This is my walk. Tired of the drip. Tired of the boge carto (with or without a tank). On to ce2. Is it well known that the TH is very mild at best with the ce2? The taste of my juice is also mostly gone. I have a lot more vaping options on the way but some are ce2 based. The Vision Stone and the Iatty to name them. Is this whats to be expected from them also?

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
You ever think part of that TH is the melting of poly-fill? Take apart a poly-fill carto and look around the coil..after taking a few apart seeing the melted fill and trying CE2's I pretty much only use CE2's for awhile now. Or I use atomizers I built from CE2 parts for dripping as the atomizers I have tried before don't last, cost more and when taken apart they are completely clogged with gunk.

Depending on the juice you can get more TH from some..I like smooth flavor but I have some that have a better TH to balance out all the sweet flavors I vape. You can get more TH with higher voltages but not too high as the CE2 can't keep up..but at low volts they put out lots of vapor..on a tank with a CE2 in it I do run some flavors up to 4.4v and they work well. The coils are all pretty close to the same in all atomizers and cartomizers and require a bit of breaking in.

As for flavor I think flavor comes through a lot better on a CE2 when it working right..maybe you're having wicking issues?

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Ive been running some dark juice at 4.2. The vapor production is good but it just seems like its missing something so I pretty much chain vape. Not having wicking issues that I can tell. Im not so sure the TH came from the fill though. I got good TH from Provapes atomizer as well. So you think this is just a more "clean way" to vape. If so I will stick it out and try to get use to it. Here is what im using. 4.4 does give the dry itch type of hit so the thick juice might be playing a part after all. Vision 3.5ml 2.8-3.0 Ohm Clearomizer

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
The dry taste is because there isn't enough juice on the coil..I only run 4.4v with a fairly full tank or if I tip it upside down and the coil is saturated..although sometimes I crank it up to burn off the coil a little because I don't feel like pulling the CE2 apart and cleaning/burning it off right then. Also darker-thicker juices don't wick as well and they gunk up the coil pretty fast.

Some juices like the coffee I use from MadVapes I prefer at around 3.3v because when I try it higher it's harsh..mostly I use my coffee with an auto 510 when I'm drinking a cup of coffee..auto 510's run close to 3.3v under loads so it works out good. CE2's seem to work pretty good on eGo's with most juices for me..BTW I use the 2.4-2.6ohm ones. Yes I think CE2 styles are "cleaner" than poly-fill cartos..in any case using just about any e cig is probably way better than smoking unless you're melting down cartos a lot.

If you want to get an idea of if the TH taste is melting poly-fill try dripping directly on a CE2 coil and that should be close to the same as a poly carto does with the juice..poly cartos have a wick material just like a CE2 just packed in poly-fill so wetting the coil with e-liquid should give you close to the same flavor..also like I posted break in the CE2 a little so there is a little gunk on the coil as it holds juice around the coil better than drip on it.

Now poly-filled carts and atomizers are a bit different as the fill doesn't come close to the coil so the fill doesn't melt..I would use atomizers but because they are wrapped in mesh they clog and gunk up a lot..plus they just cost too much. I think you might want to try different maybe stronger flavors with CE2's than you did with poly-filled cartos. I have took apart quite a few cartomizers and atomizers and think the CE2 style is best for me.

The one thing I would like to see changed with them though is maybe if they designed a stainless steel or delrin cup with o-rings instead of the rubber ones..because sometimes the rubber can melt a little if it gets too close to the coil but I haven't seen it melt as much as I've seen in poly cartos..really I would be happy if I could buy something like that separately for use in my CE2's. Maybe I could get someone to machine some out of stainless with a race for an o-ring sometime..less than 10 would fit my needs for a long time.

Last edited:

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Another thing I just thought of is there is an air hole right under the coil in a CE2 so it could change the flavor a bit as the air in a poly carto goes past the coil not around it..so try taking slower draws and maybe that will give you more TH and flavor.

I bought a tank kit from MV awhile ago and compared side by side the Dual Coil poly-filled cartos to CE2's and found that CE2's produce at least as good a vapor as DC's..also the DC poly cartos the flavor dropped way off after a few days while the CE2's remained pretty constant for more than a week..then even after they got old I can rip them apart and clean/burn them off making them almost as good as new. I still have CE2's that work great after 6 months.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
You're not going to shorten the life of your CE2 at 3.5v..I dry burn mine on an eGo until it's glowing and until it cuts off with it apart to clean it..I did melt a couple coils at 1st dry burning them with a lot of gunk on them but after I figured out that you have to watch it when burning off heavy gunk I haven't melted one since.

With juice on it at 3.5v I doubt it would ever fry. Try puffing on it like a pipe a couple times then take a hit..I usually push the button just before I start my hit by puffing 2 or 3x then take my hit letting off the button during my hit..I have run my 2.5ohm CE2's up to 5v without it frying but it did burn the flavor..I've found a lot of times you can recover a CE2 after you burnt the flavor without cleaning it just be running it on a lower volt for a bit..IDK about Bauway CE2's though as mine are RoyalSmokes or MIT on the package (I believe the same thing).

The ones I use I can take apart easy burn/clean and even have some over 6 months old that work great..I never have to hold down the button until it hit's the cutoff on my VV Tube and rarely hit the cutoff on my eGo's but with my 510 auto batteries I do sometimes..maybe it's because you're using 2.8-3ohm as I'm using the 2.4-2.6ohm ones..you might want to run your 3ohm closer to 4v also.

If you have a multimeter you might want to test the ohms on yours to make sure they are not a lot higher than 3ohm also..just be sure to test the ohm's of the wires 1st and take that off what the carto says..my meters wires only have 0.03ohm resistance though..I've also noticed that some days the vapor just isn't as good it's probably due to humidity or barometric pressure.

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Your info is awesome. Im so grateful for your time. Do you think that the built in tester on the Provari is as good as the ohm tester on a multimeter? Just got my other stuff in today. I really like the vision stone tank but it leaks. U know anything about them? I just wonder if I can fix that or if its defective.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is my walk. Tired of the drip. Tired of the boge carto (with or without a tank). On to ce2. Is it well known that the TH is very mild at best with the ce2? The taste of my juice is also mostly gone. I have a lot more vaping options on the way but some are ce2 based. The Vision Stone and the Iatty to name them. Is this whats to be expected from them also?

What ohm CE2 did you buy and What type of PV are you Using?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is a clip of what im doing to get good vapor. Thanks for all your help so far but this needs to be short cause I have company. This clip took all night and half the day to upload so here it is.

Is this how a CE2 works? - YouTube

From your vid, I can see One thing you can do which will make a CE2 hit better.

And that is "Tilt" the PV Up Slightly so the e-Liquid pools around the Cermaic Cup when you take a hit.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Yeah,that is what we know as an extremevizion,those are awesome.

You seem to be a short puff vaper just like me (2-3secs max) and those are top coils,so tilt that thing as mentioned!

At higher voltage,wicks cant really keep up so its necessary to keep the top portion of the wicks wet.

Than those vizions are top notch stuff.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Your info is awesome. Im so grateful for your time. Do you think that the built in tester on the Provari is as good as the ohm tester on a multimeter? Just got my other stuff in today. I really like the vision stone tank but it leaks. U know anything about them? I just wonder if I can fix that or if its defective.

I forgot about the ohm meter in the Provari..it's probably pretty accurate. I haven't tried the Visions yet I've been pretty happy with CE2's really..there are videos and posts about how to dissemble them I believe..I saw something but it looked like a pain compared to how easy a CE2 comes apart. I must have missed telling you to tip your CE2 up sometimes..glad someone else did..when I tip mine I also twist so the juice rolls around..also be careful especially if you have a drip tip to not get juice in your mouth :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

At higher voltage,wicks cant really keep up so its necessary to keep the top portion of the wicks wet.

This is one thing I forgot to mention. Even with "Tilting", CE2's seem to have a built in 8.0~8.5 watt limit.

Unless they are Heavily Mod-ed and a person is using Very Thing e-Liquid, they just can't wick fast enough over about 8.5 watts

scalewiz

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
I've found that I simply lay the fluxomizer or Stone down horizontally between hits. Allows the wicks to stay in juice so I never have any wicking problems. Thought the Stone tank wouldn't like it, but found out that I had LESS gurgling when I kept it on its side.

Stay tuned...the C8 is coming out. I a short while the price should start to drop. It's a bottom coil so the wicks should stay in juice without tilting. Haven't seen a bad review on it yet, so I keep hoping.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I will try laying them down. The C8 does look good here is a review for anyone that wants to see it.
Core 8 Clearomisers - Vapeking - YouTube

On the other hand my Iatty just got here today. Not sure if I can justify spending anymore unless my DIY juice keeps bricking. I really should start focusing on getting that and the Iatty down pat. Im in overload. I have 7 new ways to vape with the provari in just the last 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread