My first exp with snus

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY crap mordred you might be our new over the pond supplier yo!

I had a huge chunk of my northern order denied for import.

lucky strike, other camel and montecristo are no no to the us.

I did go probe and a few others los tho.

Wrote and pleaded to getsnus for usps postage on my 60 dollar order.

OTD what extra sterk you have that is to much for you?? I would be willing to take it off your hands.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
HOLY crap mordred you might be our new over the pond supplier yo!

I had a huge chunk of my northern order denied for import.

lucky strike, other camel and montecristo are no no to the us.

I did go probe and a few others los tho.

Wrote and pleaded to getsnus for usps postage on my 60 dollar order.

OTD what extra sterk you have that is to much for you?? I would be willing to take it off your hands.

hey Mordred, I second that supplier comment. If the PACT act that the folks in Washington are threatening goes through, uh, ya ever see yerself as a smuggler? he he he..

Damn dredbull, your a day late and a dollar short on that ekstra sterk. It was General by the way. I couldn't handle it at all!! I sent it and a can of Claq Qui to another fellow snuser VERY shortly after I got them.

Seems much over 11mg per portion is too much for me. The Probe Whiskey and Nick And Johnny Black are about as strong a portion and flavor as I've tried so far that I really enjoy. I'm thinking your going to like the Probe.

Mordred

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
hey Mordred, I second that supplier comment. If the PACT act that the folks in Washington are threatening goes through, uh, ya ever see yerself as a smuggler? he he he..

I actually work in the legal system, so no, can't help you there. Even though I can't see there being any actual legal repercussions, my reputation would take a serious hit if I was to be connected with any kind of "smuggling" operation.

I sure hope that this legislation doesn't pass though, since it would impact negatively on internet order for us Europeans too.

Edit: BTW, General Onyx has grown on me, I wish other brands used the same bag material and packaging. And I'm positively in love with Roda Lacket.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I actually work in the legal system, so no, can't help you there. Even though I can't see there being any actual legal repercussions, my reputation would take a serious hit if I was to be connected with any kind of "smuggling" operation.

Cripes! Busted! I made a proposition "the man" 8-o

At best, if the PACT Act 2009 goes through, it'll mean higher costs for me. Worst case scenario would be the various vendors on your side of the lake simply washing their hands of the US market. That would make me sad...

How would this impact you in the negative sense with regards to Internet orders Mordred?

Don't know if it's the same material as in the Onyx but the black material in the Nick and Johnny Black portions does seem more comfortable to use.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Mebbe not so bad Dredbull, they just bought the South African operations from Swedish Match.

" ...entered an agreement to acquire South African snuff and pipe tobacco operations of Swedish Match AB
...with principal brands being Boxer, Best Blend and Taxi."

So don't buy those particular brands and you should be good. :D

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Yep think that July deal was just for operations outside the US and Scandinavia.
Using Göteborg Râpé 2 today - quite like it. Another one to re-order I think. *Someone in the UK is selling their Mocca (Macchiato?) in the Classified forum, but too large an amount for me. I'm sticking to small orders so it keeps longer. I'd hate to have a lot of snus to use up in a hurry!

Cheers,

C.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/classifieds-swaps/48778-fs-snus-uk.html

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Yep think that July deal was just for operations outside the US and Scandinavia.
Using Göteborg Râpé 2 today - quite like it. Another one to re-order I think. *Someone in the UK is selling their Mocca (Macchiato?) in the Classified forum, but too large an amount for me. I'm sticking to small orders so it keeps longer. I'd hate to have a lot of snus to use up in a hurry!...

If it weren't for the shipping costs I'd take that roll off his hands for sure!

Shipping is the only thing that keeps me from sending you the GR #2 that's in my freezer C. Too much like gin for my tastes.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
If it weren't for the shipping costs I'd take that roll off his hands for sure!
Maybe he'll cut you a deal...

Shipping is the only thing that keeps me from sending you the GR #2 that's in my freezer C. Too much like gin for my tastes.

Nemmind - there may be a US GR2-lover out there somewhere!

The pond is a big barrier. I often see US e-liquids I'd like to order but no way. Not with 20 dollar shipping!
Even for the Swedish snus postage is high. The snus itself is typically only 2 thirds of the total cost.

Best,

C.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Well I like my ecig but it aint cutting it so I decided to try snus. Since I didnt want to buy a bunch and find out that I hate it I bought Camel mellow what I found out is I could like snus but the camel is way to sweet and kinda taste crappy. What flavors taste more like tobbacco? I'm thinking about going with licorice if I cant find a tobbacco flavor.

Try a mod unit it might work for you....Good luck though.On what ever decision you make....

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Yep, got a sample of all the Discreet. The original flavor I thought was nasty but all the others were OK. I think you mentioned this awhile back, they all tended to get a bitter taste after a half or so, especially the peach and strawberry.

My biggest prob with the Discreet was they just didn't seem to satisfy w/ regards to the nicotine. Tasty but didn't deliver like the Swedish snus does.

Grovsnus is supposed to be added to my list of stuff to try, thanks for reminding me.

Oh yeah, what did getsnus say about your request for USPS only shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread