My first free form mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
FL
ecighome.com
I just mixed just tasting and adding flavor. All TFA. Started with Ripe Banana 5%. Tasted....could taste some banana, not strong, but there. Added 5% chocolate. Don't taste the chocolate, but banana is popping. Added 5% coffee. Banana now more subtle with coffee on the exhale. Threw 2.5% cinnamon in for grins. Interesting taste. I like it.

So, the question is, will steeping for a couple of weeks be beneficial? The tastes seem all over the place now. Sometimes I get banana, then cinnamon, then coffee. But still enjoyable.

CampbellMC

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2014
NS, Canada
I believe the coffee/chocolate flavors usually benefit from some steeping. Did you do any sort of steeping on this batch? Like a hot water bath and regular shakes in order for the flavors to mix together properly? VG is very thick and heating your solution will allow the flavorings to mix through much easier. I suggest reading through Bill's Magic Vapor blog (link in my signature), he is basically the TFA expert, and he doesn't do long steeps. Problem is you could wait 2 weeks and it could be the same/better/worse, it's mostly random. His philosophy is make a mix that is good at the time of mix (after a quick hot water steep to eliminate flavor pockets), don't cross your fingers and hope a long steep will make things better.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
I believe the coffee/chocolate flavors usually benefit from some steeping. Did you do any sort of steeping on this batch? Like a hot water bath and regular shakes in order for the flavors to mix together properly? VG is very thick and heating your solution will allow the flavorings to mix through much easier. I suggest reading through Bill's Magic Vapor blog (link in my signature), he is basically the TFA expert, and he doesn't do long steeps. Problem is you could wait 2 weeks and it could be the same/better/worse, it's mostly random. His philosophy is make a mix that is good at the time of mix (after a quick hot water steep to eliminate flavor pockets), don't cross your fingers and hope a long steep will make things better.

to add just a bit....the best thing i have learned is.. if it smells and tastes pretty good after a hot water bath, an hour with the lid off and you arm a little sore from more shaking, its going to taste great in a week. best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread