My first real vaping Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
I've played with the little ecigs that look like fake cigarettes before and also taken some hits off a guy with a really nice EGO, and I decided that vaping was the best, cheapest way to get my nicotine (which I don't plan on dropping since with vaping I don't see any reason to.)

So, I'm looking for constructive criticism on my order.

I ordered two fake Chinese knock-off EGO-T's from DealXtreme. I figure since these things are just batteries and attys, it'd be fine. And I plan on getting a passthrough soon anyhow as I'm always in front of a computer. And maybe a clearomizer or some other tank.

For liquid (can't get in the habit of calling it juice as I have a child,) I picked up two sampler packs from BlueMist. These:

1 x 3ml BlueJuice Sampler Pack = $10.00
Base Liquid VG
Nicotine Content (per mL) 24mg/2.4% NBV (High)
Flavor #1 Belgian Waffle
Flavor #2 Hypermint
Flavor #3 Robacco Caramel
Flavor #4 Smooth
Flavor #5 Rob's BlackJack
1 x 3ml BlueJuice Sampler Pack = $10.00
Base Liquid VG
Nicotine Content (per mL) 24mg/2.4% NBV (High)
Flavor #1 Chai Tea
Flavor #2 Ginger Ale
Flavor #3 Robacco
Flavor #4 Green Tea Citrus
Flavor #5 Iced Green Tea

I decided to get all VG since it'd make more vapor and I find it relaxing to sit back and blow smoke rings.

I'm thinking the two things I might have done wrong is the pure VG and the cheap hardware. Maybe that some of my flavor choices are nasty sweatsocks pretending to be vaping fluid. Comments?

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
You already know that hardware may be a problem, but that's a matter of plunking down a bit of money upfront; I can understand the hesitation and buying the cheaper ones to start. It's good you went with samplers, though I may have added some PG/VG blends in just to try out. So far the ones I've tried at 50/50 produce plenty of vapour on an 808mini. In all, if the ecig is working you can always look at an upgrade later (and I'm sure you will once you start reading about the plethora of options out there) what's important is you're taking the first steps.

budsalinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
I'm sure you did fine. I started with real EGO Tank hardware and have since graduated to "bigger and better" things. When you get your setup you will be able to vape and you will have lots of flavors to play around with so hopefully you will have at least 1 flavor which you can tolerate for an "all day" vape. 100% vg is pretty thick juice, it's what I use so I cannot criticize, but you may find you need to dry pull (take a hit without pressing the button) sometimes to get a proper wick without getting a funny or even burnt taste - but that shouldn't be much of an issue. I rarely ever used to have issues with the ego tank setup.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Welcome to the ECF:)If you find you get no throat hit it will be because of the VG. Some people love all VG tho. Most like a mix of PG/VG I think. Getting lots of liquids was a great idea. Unfortunately in the beginning the best thing to do is throw money at it to find what works best for you faster. Shipping time is such a bummer when starting out.

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Greetings from Canada! Welcome to ECF!

The knock-offs either work well or not at all. If you have a problem when you get them let the vendor know immediately. They will usually send a replacement right away. If they work when you get them they will be fine. I have some 1100mah pass-throughs and love them.

It's great to have a lot of small bottles to start out with. You can fine tune later. Try some different ratios, although most VG is thinned enough by the vendor that you will not usually have problems with it wicking. You will find which devices work best with it (by trial and error Lol).

Relax and have Fun with it!

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
If you have a problem when you get them let the vendor know immediately. They will usually send a replacement right away.

Uh, this is DealXtreme. They barely speak English and it takes a month to get stuff from them. If it's defective from DX, then that's just what it is.

If the batteries don't work or the attys are crap, I'll order parts. I really don't see why people buy kits as it's cheaper to buy parts and more fun imo. I already have plans on my next hardware purchases. Just picking up a passthrough and a clearmizer totally replaces the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread